Old 07-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

awwww a boy! It also may mean he is a rush to come out, you may have an early birth. Have you guys picked names? I know it is kinda early but I know some people have names picked even before pregnancy
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #17  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks guys! We've been talking over names. I've found one I really like; hubby likes it too but isn't quite settled on it yet so we're still in the thinking stage.

The doctor says that we're keeping the original due date for now, although I wouldn't be surprised if the little guy decides to arrive early.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

*gentle huggles for you and baby*

Last edited by Garnet2727; 07-25-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

I just wanted to add in some words of support. I'm 38 weeks pregnant and I know what you mean by how hard it is to watch the scale moving in the opposite direction that you work so hard for.

Just keep in mind what everyone else says, your not putting on fat (much) it's almost all going to be baby and misc fluids. Also its the summer and I know for me heat and humidity (plus pregnancy) can really make you retain water weight, maybe its the same for you?

I find it gets so hard when your pregnant to resist the junk food. I honestly think we're designed to crave anything high in calories when your body is working so hard. So just staying aware and on top of your weight like you are is getting ahead of the game.

I've heard people refer to 'seasons' in your life. Sometimes money is good, sometime times are lean. Sometimes your life is organized, sometimes you are scattered. Sometimes you are pregnant and watching your stomach balloon (and roll, wait till you start to see that!), sometimes you own your own body and you are eating salads and watching the lbs drop. You'll get through this season and move on to the next, and you'll have a baby boy to show for it!
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 249/~~~/149

Height: 5'6

All the work you did before your pregnancy created a healthy environment for your son to grow. Continue to eat healthy and don't fret about the extra weight during your pregnancy. When your son is here, go for walks with him. Show him off. Then lose the weight again so you'll have a fighting chance of catching him when he starts walking/running. Congratulations!
Amy Remixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #21  

Thanks Garnet.

CanadianMomma: Thank you! It has been strangely humid here in the past week (I live in the desert) so that might be something as well. I've definitely been wanting more junk lately, completely random things that I haven't even looked at in ages! I'm even pouring over the candy bars at the checkouts lately, something I'd learned to ignore (I haven't caved in yet, as I'm afraid I won't want to stop if I do, lol).

I love what you said about the seasons. I know I'm actually in a very good one right now and am very grateful for that

Good luck with your baby, you're almost there now!

Amy Remixed: I'd started jogging this year, but gave it up when I found out I was pregnant. I miscarried last time and don't want to take any chances, so I've swapped it out for swimming instead. And the miscarriage was actually a major incentive to start taking care of my body again, as I've always wanted a baby and definitely want to be an active, healthy mom. I'm anxious to get back into the swing of things and am doing what I can now! Hubby is even supportive, insisting that we pick out a jogging stroller. I can't wait to have fun with the baby once he's here!

EVERYONE: Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement, I'm feeling better now.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #22  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

One of my aunts had a 10lb baby boy years ago, and she claims she weighed 40lbs less the day after the birth.

It's temporary -- you're growing a human! He/She needs everything you can give through nutrition. Just keep eating well and exercising. You'll get your life and body back eventually! Hang in there!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #23  

AwShucks- Thanks! I'm hanging in there, I think I just needed to get it out of my system. I've had several people tell me that if I stay on track, I might get back to the range that I was at (or even lower!) when I conceived, which would just be lovely. Then I can pick up where I left off! In the meantime I am doing my very best to give the baby proper nutrition and my body the exercise it needs.

I'm going on 20 weeks now and have just noticed in the past day or so that my belly is getting more solid. I think that's making me feel better as well, since even though others have been telling me I look pregnant, I honestly don't see much of a difference in my stomach (I'm an apple and I've always looked somewhat pregnant). Maybe it's odd, but I feel better about gaining now that I can physically feel and see the source of it, even though I already know what's going on.

Last edited by Elladorine; 07-26-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

No advice - just congratulations and hang in there.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #25  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I've had two babies while losing weight. I gained 30-35 pounds with both of them, while calorie counting and eating very well the entire pregnancy. I'm four months postpartum and the lowest weight I've ever been. Pregnancy can be a crazy mind bender with the scale, but if you don't give up or let your eating go out the window, I think you'll do just fine. If anyone is proof, it would be me! I have been in the 270's with a baby, and now I'm in the 150's (haven't stepped on the scale recently) four children later. It can be done, even with a fair bit of pregnancy weight gain

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SON!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:16 AM   #26  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on having a boy!!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote