Old 04-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvieBaby View Post
I think what I find hardest about the beginning of a new weight loss plan is battling with my head about past failures. I definitely feel a bit of "You didn't succeed any of the other times, why would you now?" and (This is sort of weird!) part of me resents having to lose weight. It feels like I should just happy, fine the way I am. . . . So I tell that part of myself that it's not about hating myself. It's about being the best I can be . . . and not impeding my goals or things that bring me joy because I can't _physically_ handle them. I'll let you know if my self-talk works, heh heh.

I'm really thrilled (no sarcasm at all!) to have found this board. I think other people going through what I'm going through, having as much weight as I do to lose--and to get to know other people who know it _can_ be done--will be what help me succeed this time.

Good luck to you! Your beginning is well on its way to being begun already.
Eviebaby, thanks for this. You sound a lot like me in the way your mind works. I also battle with both of those thoughts: one is something along the lines of "if I quit soon then all this pain will be for nothing..." and the other is "really, can't you love yourself the way you are, already?"

Elladorine I know what you mean! I remember clearly being able to have a slice of cake at a birthday party and not having it make me go off and eat the whole cake. I'm dying to get back to that good place....
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 296/292/155

Height: 5'4 1/2

You're welcome, Uber.

And re: "You sound a lot like me in the way your mind works" . . .

I've been lurking like crazy and what I like the most about this forum is there is nothing new under then sun. I feel like I'm reading my own thoughts half the time as I peruse others' posts.

My eating was not out of control today, so yay. And now I'm going outside to play with my dog for a bit.
EvieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #18  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Maybe because this is all shiny and new to me I'm really excited right now that I'm the beginning...I'm more worried about what's going to happen when I hit my first plateau and get frustrated.

I know it's tough - I had a long day yesterday, I left my house at 6:30 in the morning and didn't get home until nearly midnight and I hadn't eaten enough during the day. I felt like I was going to eat my own arm off by the time I got home. But even though I was absolutley ravenous I watched my husband eat a bag full of deliciously greasy McDonalds and did not lose my mind. I've found I've starting ask myself questions first before going off the deep end:

"How many calories does it have? Is fatty, salty, sugary, etc.?"
"Am I going to hate myself ten minutes after I eat this?"
"Am I actually hungry, or am I bored or stressed?"

I run through this checklist in my head before I eat things that were not on my plan...and then on Saturdays I reward myself for saying no so much during the week by having one meal that I don't worry about these things - I still try to do it moderation, but I also feel then like I'm not completely depriving myself.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote