Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Question Curious...when do y'all exercise??

And do you notice a change in your weight loss pattern if you change up when you exercise?

The reason I as is that I am having a weird week with weight loss and am wondering if it could be because my normal pattern changed for Spring Break. When in school, I normally exercise first thing in the morning before having anything to eat or having my green tea. This week being Spring Break, I have been exercising later as I have had to wait for the temperature to rise before walking and eating part of breakfast before and the rest after walking.

Thoughts??
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #2  

I *should* be exercising right now but I am too busy on 3FC, lol!!

I like to get my exercise done in the morning so it's done and accounted for in my MFP log. Then anything extra I do during the day is just that, extra.

There are days that I'm too busy to get it done during the day so I have been known to jump on the treadmill after 8pm at night just to get my 40 mins. in.

The only day I don't do afternoon or night exercise is the night before my morning weigh in. I don't want to overexert any muscles and retain water so I definitely get my exercise done the morning before. Not sure it makes a true difference but mentally it does for me!

So, in a nutshell, I don't think it matters when you get it done as long as you do get it done!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.2 / 199.2 / 140

Height: 5'5"

It varies throughout the year. I typically work out right after work (I work 7-4). Usually 3-4 days a week are running outside, so in the summer I run before work. It hasn't really messed with my weight loss. I just tend to eat differently (bigger lunch when I work out in the morning; bigger dinner when I work out in the evening)
Kal El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #4  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Well, I just started and I have been going in the morning and then sometimes after work. I didn't go this morning and I am noticing that I am really sluggish...
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #5  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

It depends on my and my husband's work schedules when I exercise. A good bit of the time I exercise in the morning, and some days it is in the late afternoon/evening. It just depends on what is going on but I have always heard that the time of day does not matter as long as you get in your workout!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I exercise mostly at lunch because I have a small daughter and work so lunch is really the only time I can make it out. I do change it up and exercise earlier in the morning on the weekends.

For me, it's always been consistency rather than time of day for seeing results.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I exercise at night, 9:45 pm to be exact. And no, actually I don't find any difference when it comes to weight loss if I don't or do exercise or when I do it. It's all about my diet.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #8  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I try to shoot for the "earlier the better" when it comes to exercise... But now the only reason I think it makes a difference, at least for me when it comes to "helping" losing weight is that if I put it off till later I would be more likely to skip it...

But also I find if I make the effort to exercise "first thing" in the morning if at all possible... It kind of sets the stage for making other good choices the rest of day... And as long as I don't "over do it" during my workout I find that have more "energy" the rest of the day as well...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

About an hour before I go to bed at night
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #10  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

First thing in the morning and then I have my glorious, savoury oatmeal breakfast. I leave for work at 14.00 and come back before 23.00 so it would be near impossible to exercise then. The sense of accomplishment that I have during the day is awesome.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

I love to work out in the morning, but generally have to do it at 3:30 in the afternoon when I get off work. But I don't think when I do it affects my weight loss; however, I totally disagree with those who say exercise does not affect weight loss, but only diet. For me it makes a huge difference when I faithfully exercise. Not only does it get me into better shape, but it burns calories... and every calorie burned is one more bit of fat off of my body.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #12  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

I do my workouts at night, around 9 usually, when the house is quiet and I feel like I can concentrate better. I have to make working out part of my daily routine or I know I won't do it, & night time works best for me. As long as I keep up my routine, my weight loss is more consistent. Also, working out a couple hours before I go to bed means I sleep very well!
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #13  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I have mobility issues so I don't "work out" per se. I'm finally back to where I can walk 20-30 minutes (from a start of 10). I walk at work over lunch, or between meetings in the afternoon. I take my iPod down to the basement and walk the basement corridors in a big figure eight (two circular buildings with a corridor connecting them) and listen to theology podcasts.

Sometimes at home I walk "the big block", which is about 35-40 minutes for me. On days I work at home, I try to do this at lunch, or at 4 when I'm done with work for the day, but before it gets too cold. This one depends on weather.

I also have an elliptical, but I can't do as long on it, because the motion is different than just walking, and it stresses my arthritic knee in a different way. I still try to do the elliptical once or twice a week, to strengthen my knee. I usually do this in the late evening, after dinner.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #14  

I do it when I can. The earlier the better, but on weekdays, I have a child I need to drive at 5:30, and I refuse to get up at 4:00 to get to the gym and back. If I get lunch break at work, I do it then. Otherwise, I do it as soon as I can get to it, which frequently means I start my work-out at 10 pm or later. As long as it gets done, my weight loss is not effected by thetime I do it, though sometimes late night cardio will result in lower hydration and a 'false loss' the next morning.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #15  
Jesse

Location: New Jersey, but have also lived in Hawaii, California, Florida, Maryland, Virginia, DC and Massachusetts, and oh yea, GREECE

S/C/G: 222/175/160

Height: 5'7

I exercise every day but so far haven't been very strict with myself about when in the day I do it....I do notice I feel really good when I go every day and that if I slack off a few days, I feel awful
wanna2lose is offline   Reply With Quote