3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Dreams (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/2646-dreams.html)

1fralick 03-06-2001 05:12 AM

There are many things that I choose not to do because of my weight and size. Many are pretty self explanitory but I also have dreams of things I'd like to do when I get thin. Or things that would be OK to do if I wanted to not because I am fat.

My dreams include

Buying something at Victoria's Secret and then wearing it. I want to be in there and have the clerk not think that I am buying a gift for someone else or roll her eyes because I am in there.

I want to wear an underwire bra w/o the wires poking me in the eyes from my stomach.

I want to wear a backless and sleeveless top, dress or gown.

I want to wear my tops tucked in, maybe w/a belt!!!

I want to shop in the regular size section of the store.

I want to wear a thong and have people/DH know what color it is w/o telling them. LOL

I want to wear a 2 peice bathing suit just once before I die.

I want to wear a short skirt.

I want to feel normal .

PS. Looks like I've got an underware issue to addressLOL

What are everyone else's dreams?
Pat
272/268/175
SPD 263
Started 1/01

veggie 03-06-2001 05:59 AM

I haven't been swimming since school and I used to love it I know I should just be brave and do it but just to feel happy in a swimming costume would be bliss for me.

Last time I went on a fairground ride was years ago with my brother we both had to squeeze through the turnstile I'd like to do that with no bother at all.

One of my dreams is going in Evans which is the main 'big size' shop in England and not having to get the clothes right at the back of the rail! Hopefully this one is coming true right now!

SusanF 03-06-2001 07:41 AM

Mine are:

I want to go into a store and buy clothes in the regular department

I would love to go swimming again, I haven't been since I was a teenager. I love the water but there is no way I'm putting on a swimsuit right now.

I would like to be able to walk distances without getting out of breath and feeling like my legs were going to fall off.

Susan

DNR 03-06-2001 09:55 AM

DNR

Here's what I dream about:

I want heads to turn. I want DH to be just a little bit envious when another man checks me out.

I want to look in a mirror when I walk past and smile.

I want the sound of my legs rubbing together when I walk to stop!

I want people who haven't seen me in a long time to say "WOW"

I want to buy a size 12 and my husband to be able to go into a store and buy me something instead of me saying "let me try it on first"

I want to be able to say "I've done everything I've set my mind to do" - I quit smoking 10 years ago, I raised a child as a single mother, I have obtained a decent job, I'm going to school to continue my education now, I have a new house - I have basically accomplished everything I have wanted to do, except for this weight thing. To be at my goal would be awesome!

All of these things are GOING TO HAPPEN!

DNR

canadianchick 03-06-2001 10:49 AM

I dream:

1) I can wear a short skirt without worrying how my legs look.

2) When I can consider myself "normal".

3) When I see my relatives this summer, and they can't believe how much weight I have lost.

4) When I don't constantly think about food.

SusanTaw 03-06-2001 11:57 AM

Dreams

I dream....

1) going thru a turnstile without having to turn sideways.
2) shopping at ..any.. store I want.
3) hearing someone say.."have you lost weight?"
4) passing a construction site and hearing a whistle! LOL
5) being able to sit in any seat and be comfortable.

PhatNubianGawdess 03-06-2001 06:05 PM

Rock on, I'd like to add a few of my own here...lol

1.) I want to buy jeans...REAL jeans, with a zipper and buttons...NO elastic...NO lycra, NO drawstrings...good old fashioned denim...the stiffer the better :-)

2.)I want to be able to jog in my jogbra...without anything else over it...heh...heck...for that matter...

3.) I want to be able to jog...not walk fast, but to put some fire into it...

4.) I want to play at Discovery Zone again!! I used to go with my oldest daughter, and it was SO much fun...I'd probably pass out now.

5.) I want to hear my husbands low whistle of appreiciation, and TRULY believe he means it.

I've got lots more, but a lot of them have already been called out here... :)

spinksy 03-06-2001 06:20 PM

I love this thread...........
Let me see what I can add:

(1) I want to wear leopard or any print I want -- on the bottom!

(2) I want to wear the sexiest, sheerest underwear and bras known to (wo)man!!!

(3) I want to sunbathe nude sometime, somewhere.

(4) I want my friends that I haven't seen in ages to exclaim over the amount of weight I have lost.

(5) I want my menstrual cycles to return to normal so that I can get pregnant.

(6) I want to wear my husband's shirts and have them be too big for me.

(7) I want to fit comfortably into movie theatre seats.

(8) I want to know I have control over my eating habits.

(9) I want other men to notice me -- even though I am very happily married.

(10) I want to wear a long, gorgeous, slinky gown for once in my life.

Great dreams girls .........this thread is one I really like.

Aberfoyle 03-06-2001 06:50 PM

Dreams

What a wonderful question. It's been a week or so since I last posted. I don't usually have too much to say, but this really caught my eye. I'm struggling...but I keep trying because:
1) I want to be able to cross my legs when I sit down.

2) I want to fit into the bathtub, without touching the sides.

3) I want to buy clothes that I like...not buy clothes just because they fit.

4) I want to be able to climb the stairs without huffing and puffing.

5) I would love to weigh less than my husband.

6) I want to live to be older than I am now.

7) I too would like to be whistled at by other men...even though I too am happily married.

8) I would like to bend over to tie my shoes without almost passing out.

9) I would like to be admired for having accomplished my goal of losing all this weight.

I CAN DO IT!!!! ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Abby......

sakk 03-06-2001 11:10 PM

My Dreams

What a wonderful thread:)

Dreams:
*To Be Healthy, and to ensure my family's health
*To be able to purchase clothing in regular sizes
*To "fit in" with my sisters (I have five sisters, sizes 1-7/8) I do not need to be a certain size... but I have never seemed to quite be a part of the family.
*I want my children to have an active, energetic mommy
*I want to play basketball again. I play at home, but I'd like to be playing more in public
*I want to feel proud of myself... I want my children to be proud of me
*I want men to notice me! LOL!!
*I want to be able to put aside fears of diabetes and heart disease
*I want to feel comfortable at the city pool

Hmmm... I know that there are lots of other things!

Sandi
255/248/150
Start Date: 2/26/01

leenie 03-06-2001 11:17 PM

This is a great question. My dreams are to:

have beautiful, pretty, lacy panties again

not worry if I will fit into a chair

look forward to seeing people instead of being
embarassed

to have my husband tell me I look pretty and
really mean it

to fit into a great pair of jeans

to be able to walk the mall with my daughters
w/out feeling exhausted and ugly!!!

o2bthinner 03-06-2001 11:37 PM

I just have a few more to add:

l. I want to undress in front of my husband.

2. I want to welcome my husband's hands roaming over my body, and not even think about the rolls of fat he now touches.

3. I want to pick out clothes because I like them, not because they will make me look thinner.

4. I want to meet new people feeling comfortable and secure with how I look.

Yvonne

Hell's Belle 03-07-2001 11:23 AM

These are really great!

o2bthinner -- I can totally relate to your number 2...I feel so self-concious when my boyfriend touches my body. It is so hard to enjoy physical affection when you are constantly thinking about how unsexy you are.

Here are mine:

1) Jean size in the single digits

2) Be able to walk around naked in my own house, with the blinds open and not really care who the **** sees me

3) Dress my age rather than my weight

4) Not have to worry about heart disease and diabetes -- I am way too young to be worrying about those those things

5) Have the energy, stamina and lung capacity to walk all of those hills in San Francisco without having to stop and make my friends wait around for me to catch my breath

6) Make love with the lights on

7) Undress in the locker room at the gym instead of in a bathroom stall

Svetlana3k 03-07-2001 01:44 PM

1) I want to be able to shop at the Gap, not at Lane Bryant.
2) I want to go to the movies and not have to have people *stand up* so that i can get by, and not feel self conscious that i'm sticking my rear out at them when i pass (it's true!)
3) I want old friends and family to ooh and ahh over me when they see the new skinny me :)
4) I'd love to weight less than my husband!
5) i'd like to feel "little" :)
6) i'd like to be healthy and more energetic...

242/225/135
220 by SPD

mitziex6 03-07-2001 03:05 PM

Ok here goes

1) I am really into clothes so shopping at a "regular" store. Especially Victoria's Secret.

2) Going to the beach and not worrying about being the fattest person there.

3) Not worrying about my health so much. I really worry about becoming diabetic or high blood pressure.

4) Just plain old feeling good about myself.

bonnieangel 03-07-2001 06:06 PM

Long time dream

I want to be able to wear a pair of Rockies jeans, with the shirt tucked in, a shirt that shows off some cleavage ;), ropers and a cowboy hat. I want to wear this outfit into the nearest honky tonk and have the guys whistle at ME when I walk in (and hope my husband is a little jealous for it).

M'Chelle

Nic251 03-07-2001 10:09 PM

My dreams

Be able to shop in a regular size store
Wear a halter top
Be able to wear a bikini (may never do it, but want to be able to)
Want DH to be able to pick me up
Not have to worry about fitting in roller coaster seats
Feel healthy and normal

Nicole
251/214/150

mitziex6 03-08-2001 10:31 PM

I thought of a new dream. I really want to take a tap dance class. I took tap dancing when I was like five years old and I always wanted to do it again. Maybe that will be my reward for when I reach 200. As long as they don't make me wear a thong leotard. LOL

karenwarren 03-16-2001 08:34 AM

Wonderful Idea!

I can't believe this. I read all your posts and i am about to cry. I want to do a lot of the same things all of you do!

Sit comfortably in any public seat

Weigh less than my husband. When He says I look good I want to believe it (I think he really does mean it)

Have more fun at the beach and not be wearing a skirt over my suit. I always look around to see if I am the fattest! I don't wnat to do that anymore! We live near the beach and I want to enjoy it!!

Buying clothes in Victorias Secret is one of my biggest goals. I think of it everytime I walk past a store. It was so nice to see others want to shop there as well. Is till hve my wedding nightie from there in my closet. I want it to fit!

Also, wearing a pair of pants somewhat tight and looking good in them. I want to wear clothes that are stylish instead of ones that just fit. Plus size clothes aren't as nice looking.

good luck with the goals everyone!!!

Hell's Belle 03-16-2001 12:29 PM

I want thighs that don't rub together ...... and I would like to shop at Victoria's too :D

Jen 03-17-2001 05:11 PM

I have some clothes from when I was in high school that I want to wear again. A couple of blouses and these fantastic jeans. Also I'd love to be able to wear a bikini!! I can't remember when I last wore a 2 piece bathing suit. I'd like to get through a summer without an episode of heat rash because of fat thighs rubbing together.

karenwarren 03-19-2001 08:31 AM

Forgot to add a dream

I wanted to add one more dream to my list.

I want to have a family protrait done.

I haven't had one yet and my 1st child will be 4 years old in cotober. I always felt so fat that I didn't want one done. My husband has pictures of our boys on his desk at work but none of me. He begged me to give him one but I just couldn't bear the thoguht of all those people looking at it. I gave him our wedding photo but that was it. We have been married for 4 years and no nice photos of us. I should reach my goal before our next anniversary so I will schedule one then. I can't wait to have a photo of all my guys with me.
Karen

1fralick 03-28-2001 05:24 AM

I hope you all don't think I am conceited but I didn't want to lose "my dreams" so I am bringing this one up
Pat

bonnieangel 03-28-2001 04:30 PM

Another dream to add...

Pat - you aren't being conceited. This is a terrific thread.

I want to, for once in my life, feel "normal" if there is such a thing. All of my life I have been the chunky, chubby, fat girl. I would love for the first time in my life to be seen in a positive light.

M'Chelle
286/278/150
269 by Easter

barbygirl43 03-31-2001 10:51 AM

More of my dreams...

I hadn't posted to this just yet, because I have almost everyone of the same goals as you all victoria's secret, "Normal" clothes sections, etc.
But, I thought of another one to add to the list.
I would love to be able to go into a public restroom and not have to worry if I am going to have to "contort" my body to get out of the stall all the while hoping no one else is in the restroom to watch the fiasco.

Another addition to my dreams is a homemade quilt. I saw this in an old quilting book. I'm going to take all my really "Fat" clothes and make a quilt out of them and put it on display. That way each time I see my quilt, it will remind me of where I came from and that I never want to go back there again.

Those are just a couple :)

:wave: Dawnyal :wave:

barbygirl43 03-31-2001 11:55 AM

One more

I thought of another one after I got out of the shower :)
I would love to be able to use a "normal" size bath towel and have it fit around me all the way without bulging open over certain areas.

Dawnyal

karenwarren 04-02-2001 09:48 AM

Babygirl, I just got my larger size bath towels to fit around me. They are pretty big and never touched when I wrapped them around. You really hit a nerve on that drem with me!! I have some more normal size towels and they are next.

I keep thinking of new dreams everyday. Friday I was shopping at the Mall and I can almost fit into the normal size section. I got a snotty look from a slaes girl when I was checking out the size 16's in the missy dept. I am mostly in 18's now but I was buying an inspiration outfit.

So, I guess I have a dream that I don't feel like people are saring at me when I am shopping!
Karen

zwielicht_farfalla 04-02-2001 12:47 PM

I dream of

I dream of

1... fitting comfortable in seats on airplanes w/o worrying if belt will fit

2... being able to ride the rides at the theme parks in Orlando with my nieces -- some have those new harness type seats where a harness comes over your shoulders and fits into a seat belt thing at your waist

3. bicycling

4. not being embarassed when someone asks my size at Christmas time for a present

5. not having to worry about frail looking chairs or wicker furniture in friends' homes

6. feeling comfortable eating out alone - -ie. w/o feeling that spying eyes are noting what I eat

spinksy 04-02-2001 03:33 PM

Barbygirl.....

I love the quilt idea and plan to start one myself.
It is a really awesome plan.
I'm goig to start cutting squares tonight.

barbygirl43 04-02-2001 07:12 PM

spinsky--> I'll find the book that has it in it tonight and I'll scan a copy and show you the idea. I've already been picking out clothes that I want featured and as soon as they get too big for me to wear I'm going to start putting it together :)
I've only made one other quilt and I patterned that after that quilt on step mom. I didn't know how to make a quilt, so i just cut 3 inch squares out of a bunch of material and sewed them together. Then I just cut out all different sized squares and pieced them in. My mother loved it. I gave it to her for my parents 30th wedding anniversary.

Dawnyal

MercuryGrrl 04-02-2001 07:43 PM

i guess we all have our reasons...

my dreams are:

1) to wear the "normal people" sized clothes

2) to be a beautiful bride one day

3) to have kids one day; grandkids too

4) to be healthy

5) do great minds think alike or what :) Victorias Secret...maybe even Fredericks if I get brave one day! I just want to have a bra and panties set that matches! also no more "granny panties"! i want them to actually look like they can be called "dainty" LOL

6) to not be embarassed when i go places with my friends (esp my guy friends); movies, theaters, anywhere...its a seat thing sometimes you dont want to be THAT close

7) this is a big one...not to wonder what my friends really think of me when they see another overweight person and comment on it (i hate that!!!)

i love this...its nice to actually "voice" my dreams and what i'm working for and to see what other people want!

go for the glory ladies!!

much love,
Merc

1fralick 04-05-2001 05:48 AM

I think that all the posts so far are wonderful

I dream of my thighs not rubbing together and being able to go barelegged w/o a rash.
I dream of going to the beach/pool
I dream of high heals and a flirty skirt
I dream of a pierced belly button(I am shocked too)
Pat

1fralick 05-06-2001 04:47 PM

I didn't want us to lose our dreams. Is there any one new who would like to add theirs?
Pat

sparrow 05-08-2001 11:05 PM

My dream is to not have to concentrate on my size
before I go somewhere. I always have to think
beforehand if there is going to be a problem fitting in
a seat,or anthing else embarrassing.
Another dream is not to be the heaviest person at
work,in my neighborhood,in my class,in my family,etc.,
etc.

318/310/307.5/299 by Memorial Day

Fitbabe 05-09-2001 03:53 AM

My dreams:

* To not be the biggest person in a dance class

* To be able to visit my 90 lb grandma without hearing her complain about my weight (unless she complains I'm too skinny!)

* To be back in a size 10-12

* To wear sleevless tops without feeling self-conscious about my upper arms

* To wear a bikini for the 1st time since I was 15 years old

* To go bungee junping without worrying about the cord breaking LOL

* To shock everyone at my 10 year high school reunion (luckily it's 5 years away!)

* To be able to go to a spa and have massages and seaweed wraps without feeling self-conscious (I think this will be my reward when I reach goal)

* To be able to tell people I've lost 100 lbs!!!!

Lori
240/231/140 (by Oct. 1, 2002 - 25th birthday)

AngieP 05-10-2001 06:14 PM

These are a few of my dreams. Warning -- I figure I may as well be frank here, so some of this may be "Too Much Information!!" for some folks.

* to be able to play tag with my boys (ages 5 & 8) or horse around with them on jungle gyms

* to not have the "apron" my belly makes over the tops of my thighs

* to sit for a family photo portrait with pride

* to know I'll always fit behind restaurant booths & in dining chairs with arms

* to be able to hike in our beautiful Rockies

* to be "romantically" adventurous with my husband of 21 years -- at the moment I couldn't possibly swing from a chandelier without wrecking the ceiling!

Hope this hasn't offended too many folks!

Cheers,
Angie

barbygirl43 05-25-2001 01:10 AM

bringing this back up.

nasus40 05-26-2001 06:31 PM

I have been thinking about this for a while. I did not enven read it untill I felt like I was really back on the wagon. When I did I had a good cry. I have a dream----

I dream to--
*wear a 2 piece bathing suit without looking like a beached whale with a strip of cloth on it.
*enjoy the love making of my husband without thinking of my fat rolls getting in the way. (and have him not be able to keep his hands off me) Sorry if this offend anybody.
*to be the size that my body was meant to be, and not have any joint pain.
*to be able to jog and run without fear of an earthquake
*to be able to dance naked and not worry that he will laugh his head off.
*To have him jelous that other men are looking at me
*to actually buy something at fredricks of hollywood (i actually walked on the same side of the mall as the styore and dared to look as I passed. I almost died!!!) I want to buy a teddie that will knock his socks off :D
*to be able to wear any clothes off the rack and not worry that I look bad because I have the shape that all the other woman are jelous of.
*to cross my legs like a lady and not like a man
*to wear a tight t-shirt tucked in my jeans (single diget size) and not be as wide from the side as i am from the front.
*to fit an a movie seat next to my husband and be able to sit comfortable.
*I want to be like everybody else. to feel like part of the crowd and not to be thought of as the fat lady.
* most importantly is I want to have my husband answer me when I ask him what he thinks when he looks at me.

Sharon44 05-27-2001 01:22 PM

Dreams

Dreams do come true. This is what I am aiming for. You can add my name to the list of your dreams.
I moved south 10 years ago from Michigan. I have gained so much more weight that I ever thought I would. When I visit my Mom in Michigan twice a year I hope I don't run into old friends.
I am 100 pounds more than I use to be. My 30 year high school reunion is in 2002. My best friend moved to Florida from Michigan. She did not care that I was fat.
Barbygirl, I was waiting for someone to add the restroom thing. With the door going in I have to try and hold in my stomach to shut the door or use handicap stall.
Flying on an airplane is another thing. I have flown 3 times since Christmas to Michigan because my Mothers illness. Asked for the bulkhead seat. More leg and body room. You cannot ask for that seat until you get to the airport because handicap get them first. They are usually open if you get there early.
Another thing is to be able to pull the tray down in front of you on the airplane. Mystomach squeezes against it.
The Victorias Secret thing, I got on their website and ordered a catalog to pick out what I want when I get smaller.
Not to have my legs rub
To be able to cross my legs lady like
To be able to have my knees touch when sitting down.
To be smaller than my husband.
To have sexy clothes and look good in them.
To look good in a bathing suit.
To be able to sit on the livingroom floor without having a fight with myself to get up. Sometimes I feel like a ball rolling around trying to get myself up.
To be able to help others and give encouragement to others after I have lost all of my weight.
The quilt thing is a good idea, Barbygirl.
To be able to go to a buffet style dinner and not have everyone look at me and think they better get up there before all of the food is gone.
So much more.
Sharon44

Muin 05-28-2001 11:25 AM

Hi I like this thread, and I'm glad its back..

1) Be able to go SCUBA diving without needing 60+ lbs of lead to get me under water.

2) to be able to sit comfortably in the bathtub and have my stomache be UNDER water

3) Wear cool young fashions

4) take horseback riding lessons. I'm afraid if I sat on a horse now, I would be charged with cruelty to animals LOL

5) To feel self confident enough, so that I don't think everyone is looking at "the fat lady"

6) To be healthier and not have to worry about diabetes and heart disease.

and.

7) To be able to go to a dance or a night club and get hit on by young skinny guys, instead of old men...
NOthing against old men, mind you, but I would like to be considered attractive rather than fat.