Old 06-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #286  
Angela

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

My weight keeps bouncing between 174-176. I am good for one day and then I get off plan. Yesterday was my daughters fifth birthday. I only ate a small piece of cake, but I could not stop tasting the buttercream frosting when I was frosting it!!!

Does anyone want to compete in a Weight Loss Wars with me? I started a competition and no one is signing up except my cousin. How fun is that? All you have to do is post your weight every Saturday. And a $25 price pot contribution.

If you want to read about it go to weight loss wars . com and the competition I started is called Me Fat Free.

Last edited by TexaninItaly; 06-22-2012 at 07:26 AM.
TexaninItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #287  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Hello folks - just a quick check-in for now. Still hovering around 159 and waiting for a whoosh to come. Maybe after this heat breaks, we'll see. I'm just being as strong as I can about food. As you all know it's not easy to do when you're under work stress and fighting despair at the same time. But we all have our struggles and I'm doing okay. Hope you are too.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #288  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Carter, I'm there with you re: the heat, work stress and despair. Not a good combination.

I went out after work last night and ate too much (after eating too much during the day), so I'm back to 140. {{bangs head on desk}}

But the heat is supposed to break here and the weekend forecast is good, so I'm hoping some gardening and maybe a walk will improve my mood.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! It's been an insane roller coaster of a week. Nausea kicking in, serious fatigue, ay yi yi. Trying to focus on eating well and keeping moving, but it's been difficult. I'm seeing the doctor on Tuesday, so we'll see what he says.

Rennie - the original test I took was negative, but I guess I took it too soon or maybe because it was late in the day, too much water had diluted the sample. I don't know. But I took another one the day before father's day because I was too anxious waiting for the blood test results. That one was positive, so I told hubby on Father's Day and he was over the moon, and then we got confirmation from the doctor the day after.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #290  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm down .4 today. I was really hoping for more. I guess those 3 over 2000 calorie days are slowing me down. Its below my maintenance but obviously in the slow motion weight loss category! Good luck everyone with this weekend! I'm hoping to stay under 1900 calories, may range is 1500-1800 normally.
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hello ladies! Down 1 pound today to 161. YAY!

Have a wonderful weekend
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 334/304.8/165

Height: 5'9

I took a break now I'm back in action. Lol, how's everyone? I missed a lot so I may need to catch up a bit. I quit taking synthroid, I was just feeling awful and decided to take a natural thyroid enhancement. I feel better in my workouts.

Last time weight 311
Today 303.8

Have a good night everyone
ChouKoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #293  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Up .8 today -- I guess from eating later last night, other than that all was fine. Today though, I had a lot of sodium via popcorn, so we'll see how that works out. I'm trying to drown it right now.

Diana -- I can't remember her proper screen name, but something tells me it has gale in it. Good job on your .6 today!

Carter -- I hope all is well at home, and if it's not I hope you have the support you need to see you through the tough time.

to everyone else...hope you have a great weekend planned
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #294  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Hello
Been a while, but just popped in to say Hi !
Diana - I was very moved reading your post about your mothers passing. I'm so glad your nurse was so caring. When my father in law passed from cancer, we had a similar situation. It gave us a great deal of comfort to be with him at the end. Thinking of you.
Kukkie - Huge congratulations
Carter- sorry you are having such a stressful time. It's been an emotional roller coaster for me for the last few months, what with DS in the hospital and having the threat of failing. I have not been as focussed as usual and this is reflected on the scale.
However, one of the major stresses in my life has just ended. To cut a long story short we were being sued by someone. The court has just found in our favour. This is the end of a 6 year nightmare.
DS passed the year at school, which has been a great source of concern over the past few months.
DD has just finished exams and school is out for them. I have two more weeks.
Weight wise I have not been weighing in. After so long daily weighing, I have needed a break. Although my weight is up by 8lbs from goal, I'm ok with it. I know where I've been going wrong. I wanted to see what true maintenance was like. Making choices, exploring new foods and watching what they do to my weight. I knew soya sauce was a naughty item, but have eaten loads of it lately It's ok, because I know the sodium plays havoc with the scale.
I wanted to ask if anyone can recommend a site for checking calorie values in restaurant food? Living in Belgium, I know what suits my plan and what does not. Besides we rarely eat out. But my month in Florida is fast approaching and I need to be armed. Any suggestions gratefully received.
Anyhow 8 more days until my long break from work. I just can't wait.
Keep at it ladies, you are doing an awesome job
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #295  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 146.0
Up: .2

This morning, I slept later than I normally do. My body must have needed the sleep.

Carter Sending {{hugs}} your way. I hope things can settle down and get resolved for you soon. Do the best you can with the food. Remember the food won't "fix" anything.

I haven't shared this, yet, but I will now. I am hoping that this post can help someone else that's dealing with stress and food issues. Not everyone has these issues, but I do. I don't think I have ever kept it secret about my food issues or the fact that I love to eat. I don't think I will ever be "fixed", but hopefully I can manage things better than I have in the past. Also, if I don't manage them well, maybe I will have the strength to pick myself up the next meal, next day and get right back on plan. Last Sunday, Father's Day, I knew things were not going in the right direction with my Mom. I was very stressed and not feeling good about things. Every occasion and situation is a good reason for me to eat. I am not one that gets stressed and doesn't want to eat. DH was outside taking care of the food on the grill. We don't have much "safe" (allergy free) foods in the house that I can overindulge in. I have my healthy foods (veggies, eggs, etc), but I don't want those during these times. I realized that I had 1/2 package of my "safe" bread and I had pumpkin butter, cinnamon sugar, butter, etc. This would be a comforting combination if I toasted the bread. I picked up the package of bread, took off the tie, and opened the package. I looked at the bread and said "eating this won't fix anything". I stood there for a minute with the opened package in my hand. I closed the package and put it back up. It was a huge moment for me. I went back to doing my dinner preparations. I was so close to eating that package of bread!

Another big thing for me to remember is, unfortunately, food is my drug. I really have to limit the "goodies" that I have around the house. I only had to deal with the bread. If I had a lot of other treats, it may have been too much for me to resist.

Sorry for such a long post about this situation. I am just hoping to give another person some tools to work with.

Steph I hope the temps improve for your area and you can get out and enjoy your weekend.

Kukkie I can't wait to hear about all your updates.

Domlacha Good job on the .4.

Laura Congrats on the pound!

Choukoe I'm sorry the Synthroid didn't work for you, but glad you found something that is helping. Don't forget to get tested on a regular basis, though. I have dealt with thyroid issues for a long time. Congratulations on your weight loss! You are doing a fantastic job!

Angie Do you pop your own popcorn or use the microwave variety? Maybe you can tweak something with that to help with the sodium. I don't eat much popcorn, but I use a very low sodium, no fat, organic, microwave variety. I don't seem to react to it. But, it's definitely no like the movie theater variety. It's doable for me, though.

Starbrite I am glad to hear that the stress is getting resolved for you. Stress is an awful thing to have to deal with, long term. Do you have any ideas of the restaurants you want to eat at? You can look at their websites. Larger chain restaurants normally have the nutritional info listed. Another thing you can do, is pick and choose your splurge meals. Stick to your plan most of the time, while on vacation, but splurge on a few meals. You can also eat light for 2 meals but have one larger meal each day. Don't forget to have a plan, though. I tend to have more problems when I don't plan.

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-23-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #296  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Diana - Great advice, thank you. I totally relate to your post about food. I have to exercise control at ALL times. I can't splurge, but I can plan and ensure that the vacation does not turn into a disaster!
DS is bringing her boyfriend. He is a runner, and has promised to train me to run. I have never been able to run, but I think now is the time to learn, because I almost yearn for it. There will also be tennis courts and swimming, so I intend to exercise more than usual to counteract any dangerous meals and portion sizes. Would it be possible for me to ask in any restaurant for them to box half of it before they bring it out, or at least bring me the box with the meal- or does this make me look a bit weird !!
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #297  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, all! 160 on the dot! WAHOO 4 pounds this week

Diana, thank you for your post. Food is absolutely my drug too and it tends to be the first thing I think of when I'm stressed or upset. I'm very proud of you for being able to recognize that eating wouldn't fix anything and to stop. That's amazing!!!!

Take care all and keep up the good work. Keep pushing through those hard times as better ones are coming
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #298  
Trying to live below 200

Starbrite You can definitely get a box to go. Another thing you can do is order from the child, senior, or lunch menu. My big 6'4", 300 pound DH has even ordered from the child/lunch menu at Italian restaurants. If you have to order a full meal, ask for the to go box in the beginning. Cut your meal in half or whatever size you want before you start eating it. You can even share a meal with another person at you table. I also up my exercise when I can. I have even been known to up the exercise before I go out of town. These are all tools that you can use to your benefit.

Laura Congrats on the 4 pounds! Thank you. I am definitely a work in progress. I guess, if I can't fix it, I'll work around it. Whatever it takes, right? Have a fantastic day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-23-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #299  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Yikes! Things turned ugly for me, this morning, when I got on the scale. I posted this last night, when I posted my food log:

My calories are higher than I normally eat on Saturday night. I'm hoping they are closer to my maintenance range. I also had some BBQ sauce on my rotisserie chicken. I normally react to the sodium in BBQ sauce. We'll see how it goes.

We'll let me tell you! It didn't go well! The other things that I didn't think about was that I also had some Laughing Cow wedges during the day. Of course they are processed and loaded with sodium. I wanted to use them up, though. Also, I had macaroni 'n cheese at dinner. Another high sodium food. I'm thinking my calories were at maintenance or just below. My sodium was sky high, though. The Japanese meal, that I eat once a month doesn't react this badly on me.

I think Angie and I should start our own special club for people with sodium sensitivities.

Calories for yesterday: 2170 +
Weigh In: 148
Up: 2 pounds

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-24-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #300  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Hey Diana, don't feel bad I'm up too. I yesterday I had around 1700 calories, and the day before around 2000 and I'm up! But on Friday night I had pizza and a few more glasses of gin and diet tonic water than I've had in a long time! Last night I had 1 beer and 1 gin and soda! I think me and even a small amount of alcohol don't mix. However, I don't think I had an increase on the scale when I had red wine . Hopefully the sodium will leave the system and get us all back on track.
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote