Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 07:13 AM   #1  

Default anyone feel like they're trying to beat the clock?

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I feel like I'm up against a wall and against a ticking clock to get this weight off-like I've wasted SO much time of my life being fast and can't stand it anymore. I"m pressuring myself too much-then I end up cheating and eating unhealthy foods.

for the first time in my life, I am exercising consistently-that is a major thing for me. But I can't seem to get a grip on being consistent with food. I'll be on program for three days, then off for a day and a half, then back "on" again.

I know it took time to gain the weight, and it will take time to come off. But I"m just so impatient!!!! I want to be smaller NOW, buy smaller clothes NOW, feel better about myself NOW.

Okay, I'm whining too much...sorry!

Take care,
Sherry
Old 02-26-2003, 09:23 AM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Sherry!

Yes, I know how you feel. I have been feeling like that lately. And discouraged.

I guess what is puzzling me is that I have been around this same size (a bit more lately) for a few years, and I didn't feel bad, or like my size was interfering that much. But now, I can not reach parts of me as well as I used to be able to (like to cut my toe nails) and other stuff is harder to do than in the past. So, what is different now. Is old age catching up with me (I am
47)? Is the cold winter weather making me more stiff? My head tells me ~ you are not that old, but when it is hard for my body to do stuff, I feel old.

In the past few weeks, I have been having trouble with my foot hurting and had not been able to do my walking. I get scared and think that I hope it gets better soon so I can begin walking again, or I will just keep getting bigger and bigger and will never be able to fix this problem.

Don't apologize ~ you are not whining ~ you are sharing your concerns and feelings. That is what we are here for ~ to listen and give understanding to each other.

Thanks for listening and knowing that someone else understands.

Take care ~ glynne (Gayle)

Last edited by glynne; 02-26-2003 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:42 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I also feel like I am trying to beat the clock. I am actually doing good, the weight is coming off. But I am still so big. I want it all gone now!!!! I too have wasted so many years. I think about when I went to Jenny Craig and my "start weight" was 203. If I had just gotten it together then. I was young and had the time. Maybe too young. My poor body...what I've done to it.

Sherry, now that the exercise is going well, it is time to be more consistent with the food. Make yourself a goal. Be OP for one week. 7 days, no matter what. Start there.

Gayle, if your foot problem persists, it might be time to see the doctor. Nothing is worse than when you want to be active and your body prevents you from doing so!!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:19 AM   #4  

Sherry, I think that we are all trying to beat a clock of some sort. For me, the clock is telling me that if I don't get back to a decent weight (that I haven't seen in 10 years), I won't ever be able to, and my health will deteriorate, and I will become the woman that I never wanted to be.
It is just great that you are exercising. You are taking a huge step above that clock. Exercising is the most important part of the lifestyle change that you are making. You can do this.

Sandi, please remember not to concentrate on the "what ifs". We all have those in our past that if we had followed a different path, our weight wouldn't be here now. I think that the what ifs only depress me, and end up making me lapse even more. Try to take this journey one day at a time, and think about tomorrow, not yesterday.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:42 PM   #5  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I can relate 100%. I remember when I was 169 lbs, and how my mom forced me to go on a diet - I wish I had just stuck to it and actually got off my butt and exercised. I think it took me hitting rock bottom (for me it was seeing that my size 46 waist pants were getting too tight) to get my act together. And I also want results now! lol I dont wanna wait a month or two to see!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i have been feeling this exactly. it feels like it's never the time to do this, but i can't put it off because i've wasted so much time already. i know i'm younger than a lot of you guys, but it feels like i've been fat forever.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:23 PM   #7  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Boy Can I relate to this! What I wouldn't give to be back at my old top weight. . . then the task wouldn't seem so huge. I always told myself by the time I reached 30 I would have lost all of that excess weight. Now I'm 31 and still struggling.

But this isn't the time to dwell on the negative! We've all got a lot of living to do yet, and it's so true to take it one day at a time. Get up tomorrow and say, "I will be OP for today." Then do the same thing the next day. And always stay in touch with our dreams, the reasons we started this journey to health in the first place!

Thanks for a thought provoking post!!!

*smiles* irishwings
Old 02-26-2003, 08:30 PM   #8  
wsw

I certainly feel like I'm trying to beat the clock too. I want to be thin now. For me, some of this is coming up now because I am about to turn 50 (ugh!) and I have been strolling down that self-destructive road of "what if's." What so many of you said is true, though, that it's so important not to dwell on the negatives or looking backwards. This was a good reminder for me. I have been doing well OP since last May, along with exercising regularly, and these changes have made a big difference, for which I am very grateful. As long as I keep plodding along in this way, I will eventually reach my goal and that's important to me. Thanks for the topic, Sherry! It is just what I needed to hear. Well, take care, all.
Closed Thread