Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #406  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.palmerstexas.com%2FPal mer's_Menu.pdf%23zoom%3D100

I thought this might be helpful. This is where the rehearsal dinner is tonight. If you guys could look at the menu, and help me navigate that would be amazing. What should I order that would keep me on track? (I barely ever go out to eat)
Old 10-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #407  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

guys... i am depressed. i think i have a mild allergy to shellfish. not the kind where your throat swells up and you have to be rushed to the emergency room or something. just the kind where the rest of you swells up and you retain 3 pounds for a week or so after eating it :-\

this happens every time, and only with shrimp/crab/lobster... never when i just make a white fish for dinner. i see a 2-3 pound bump when shellfish is my main protein and it takes a week to 10 days for it to finally disappear. i noticed it, mildly, when i made a sauce with small shrimp in it, so maybe it's proportion relative?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #408  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka8941 View Post
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.palmerstexas.com%2FPal mer's_Menu.pdf%23zoom%3D100

I thought this might be helpful. This is where the rehearsal dinner is tonight. If you guys could look at the menu, and help me navigate that would be amazing. What should I order that would keep me on track? (I barely ever go out to eat)
that menu looks dangerous! all the food looks so yummy. i saw at the bottom that they have gluten free and vegetarian options. the 8oz sirloin with mixed veggies and mashed potatoes might be an option if you can make special requests to reduce or eliminate the massive amounts of butter and salt restaurants like to put into such dishes (that's probably what i'd get)... is there any way to look up the nutritional info online?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #409  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

aka: I was not able to open menu -- however, if you can -- start with a water and salad with dressing on the side, then have a protein (meat) and veggies (extra veggies if you feel the need) and a diet coke -- no starches -- skip the desert -- or plan to have TWO bites if you cannot resist. If dinner is being served, just do not let them even give the desert so that you are not tempted! BTW I don't do calorie counting....GOOD LUCK!!!

Last edited by LGW; 10-14-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #410  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

If you are just starting out and trying to lose weight, the best thing you can do RIGHT NOW

--EAT HALF OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING NOW --notice I didn't say change what your eat!
--NO STARCHES/SUGARS AFTER 4PM --that means only salad, protein, veggies after 4pm

ANOTHER OPTION
--ANYTHING you want for breakfast --again -- not changing anything you eat here or counting calories
--Glucerna shake for lunch and dinner --if you have a desire to snack -- FOCUS ON YOUR GOAL!!!!!!

Just FYI -- I sometims work with a physician who has treated weight loss for over 15years and this is what I have heard him tell some of our patients

Last edited by LGW; 10-14-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

My family dr was telling me that if Americans could learn to eat 70% of their calories before dinner and then only a light dinner then the obesity epidemic would be so much less of a problem. of course, that's just what he believes... but I really believe it too.
I eat only 3 meals a day (I am in overeaters anon) so any food that isn't a meal is a trigger for me. Anyway, I now eat a huge breakfast cause I am so hungry then. Lunch is decent and dinner is usually over by 5:30 and the weight is really coming off. Hope it keeps working.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #412  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

AKA If you check back in, I would order one of these:
8 oz tenderloin, grilled, no sauce
Ahi Tuna Steak, grilled no sauce
Citrus Salmon
Sides:
Steamed Seasonal Veggies and asparagus (or two orders of one or the other)
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #413  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Amanda -- That menu looks great! I hope you found something suitable for your plan. Enjoy the wedding tomorrow! Will you share some pics later? I would have suggested the same choices as LGW and Diana...stick with protein/veggies and limit carbs.

LGW -- Sounds like good advice from your colleague...I had a friend who was a personal trainer and she always said that anyone could lose weight if they stopped eating complex carbs after 5:00.

I'm having a pretty good day -- numbers are slightly higher than usual on some things, but good on the whole.

Calories: 1589 Sodium: 1511 Carbs: 73 Protein: 122

I"m having dinner at a friend's place tomorrow and it's a belated bday celebration. She is making lasagna and carrot cake for me -- I'm going to try to make this work. If I have a normal size piece of lasagna, salad, whole grain bread and a bit of cake I can do it for around 800-1000 calories and within my carb limit. The trick will be to manage breakfast and lunch without adding too many calories or carbs. I have a bit of leftover steak, so I can make a steak salad for lunch, and if I stick with greek yogurt and tea for breakfast I should be okay. I've already asked her if we can go alcohol free, so I don't have to worry about drinking any calories or the sugar factor there.

Next week at work I'll have two catered lunches and one dinner in a restaurant. I've pre-ordered my lunches, so they will be on plan, and I'll have to try to manage my way around the dinner. My challenge to myself is to continue losing despite these things since I'm going to have to deal with this for the rest of my life anyway -- I have to get better and keeping my focus when eating out. At least if I have a sodium gain it will be just that, and I'll still feel good about my choices.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #414  
Trying to live below 200

Angie Great job with the planning and thinking ahead!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #415  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

Amanda -- the above suggestions Diana and others gave are great. Just my opinion, but I'd stick with the salmon and ask for steamed veggies. Even if you like potatoes or whatnot, maybe just eat half of what they give you.

Angie --- you go chickadee!! Enjoy your lasagna ... sounds like you have a good plan and will make it work. That is life and you sound like you've got it under control!!

OneLess --- I agree completely about trying to front-load your calories in order to lose weight. I've been doing the same with trying to eat larger lunches and smaller dinners. Glad it is working for you!!

Well, I just got back home from a nice belated birthday dinner out with coworkers. Great italian restaurant --- I ordered the grilled chicken over garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus topped with some lovely tomato/basil/garlic/balsamic goodness ...... YES I subbed out the garlic mash for the steamed veggies. I had ONE -- only ONE -- slice of bread. Water to drink.

I know it's silly, but I feel VICTORIOUS!!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:32 AM   #416  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I am up a little earlier than I want to be. Have a fantastic weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +

Weigh In: 144.4

Down: .4
Old 10-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #417  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I missed you all yesterday. Busy, busy. You know how it is. I bounced up .8 yesterday and I lost it all and then some down to 187.4 today. Feeling good about that. Breaky with my friends mom this morning. I'm planning on sticking with eggs, maybe some sausage and hopefully some fresh fruit. I get SUPER paranoid when I am at certain restaurants. I don't want to fall off the legs and shovel the food in so I tend to eat too little. I'm going to snarf down a Chobani before we go. I also VICIOUSLY need brakes today so that's going to be a focus. I'll check back after breaky. Minimal driving today. for sure!!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:45 AM   #418  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Yes! I totally didn't expect it, but I'm down another 1.4 to 199.4 today Now, to try to hold on to this. If I stick to the plan I've laid out this is what my numbers will look like for the day (today is the lasagna/carrot cake day at my friend's house)...

Calories: 1333 Sodium: 1757 Carbs: 143 Protein: 74

I'm a bit tired still this morning; I woke up at 4:00, thought Cameron wasn't breathing, scared the *poop* out of myself then could not sleep again until 5:30. He is normally congested and I can hear him when I'm in my room and he is in his; last night he slept with me and I woke up and the room was so quiet, then I reached out to feel him and he was cold all over -- I freaked, started shaking him very hard, and then he mumbled something and rolled over. OMG, I was like jelly. The poor kid was just breathing easily and quietly, and he was cold because he'd kicked off the blankets. Sheesh.

Diana -- Thanks! I'm trying to be more planful -- that always helps me, as LGW's signature says at least I can eliminate hurry and indecision, so that leaves me to deal with cravings and impulse...lol. Sorry about the early morning for you.

Jess -- Thanks, I'll check in later to report on how I did. Good job on your dinner last night -- I think my dinner out next week will be at a Thai restaurant and I was thinking of ordering Thai Red Curry but asking if I could have some veggies instead of rice to pour it over. Not sure if they'll accommodate that, but I will ask.

Vixsin -- Good luck with breakfast and the car brakes this morning.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #419  
Trying to live below 200

Angie Sorry about your early morning scare. Glad everything was OK, though. Congrats on the 199!

Vixsin Enjoy B-fast out! Get those brakes taken care of!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #420  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

OMG Ang! I've had the same thing happen! Maxwell was sick and sleeping next to me and the exact same thing happened. I think I must have been having a dream about him or something. I woke up in a panic. Maxwell thought I was nuts and luckily didn't remember anything about it in the morning. LOL
Closed Thread