Old 10-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

My goal has been to exercise.
I went to the gym yesterday morning. The family is going for a hike tomorrow and i have a big walk planned for Sunday with a friend. So slowly getting there!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #32  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 220/TICKER/120

Height: 5'3"

Good luck on the 5k, Lin! Can't wait to hear about it.

Welcome, newcomers!

Also, I had a big realization this morning. I finally got the whoosh I was waiting for--my scale abruptly dropped by 2 pounds this morning--and I was entirely too excited. Then I realized that I cared about that number way too much. I knew I had been on plan. I knew my shirt looked baggier. I knew my tummy looked better. Why did I need that number to drop to feel okay? Then I remembered that that's why I decided to commit to the 100 day challenge: to help myself stop seeking validation from the scale and start realizing that as long as I stay on plan, the time will pass and the weight will drop (however slowly). Lesson learned!
GreatPerhaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Hi, everyone. It was 50 degrees and raining this morning at 9:00 when the 5k started, but about 400 women were there to run / walk for the Girl Scouts. There was a bunch of us from my wonderful women only gym. This was a women only 5K. A few of our group ran (not me!) and the rest of us walked "with intent" as one of the trainers at the gym always says. It stopped raining just as the race began, but was pretty cold and damp. I'm glad I did it - It was a fun morning.

Great - I didn't realize how close you were to "onderland." It's great to do this challenge because we're trying to put the emphasis where it belongs - on healthy living and not on a number on the scale, but it is such a motivator to go under 200 pounds! I hit 199 just about the time I was going on a 4 day camping trip with 7 girlfriends. I took my scale with me. They all laughed about it, but I didn't want to cross back over into the 2's again. It kept me on track! Great job. Can't wait to see the ticker move again soon.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #34  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I've tried to come to a good understanding with the scale. It definitely motivates me but it doesn't control me. I have all sorts of time-based commitments to myself to stay on plan and those are a big focus for me, regardless of what the scale does.

I can't help being motivated by those numbers too - trying to get each new 5 lbs chickie and also when I hit a special number like getting to 50 lbs and now - hopefully soon! - to Onederland. But I remind myself that those numbers don't come without the hard work and the daily effort of staying on plan every single day.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #35  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

Congrats on the 5k, Lin! I bet it was fun to be moving with all those women - even if it was a little cold. (I wish. it was 100 here again today. my heart breaks a little for some Fall).

sleep has been 5 - 6 hours for the last two nights. I just can't seem to get my butt to bed, and in the morning, when I'm up - I'm up.

Exercise is not hard for me. NOT exercising is hard for me. Those rest days make me crazy and I feel like I have to watch everything I go near food wise like a hawk. I HATE that feeling. I'd much rather know my caloric burn and log what I ate, but know I've got some good wiggle room if it isn't exact for some reason.

I'm going to add juicing back into my daily eating - I got lazy and it shows. My sodium has been over and my carbs and fats higher than I like them to be. And I'm not feeling nearly as good. So yes... I get it. Juice more. Ok ok ok.

Good luck on your journey!

-Kiki
Wyllowbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #36  
Dukanista

45 minutes of exercise done today - that's always the bigger daily hurdle for me, vs. staying on plan with food.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

I exercised today and did not feel the reluctance I had felt for the past days. I think it had to do with some emotional baggage I was carrying from seeing my parents. When I faced up to that last night, things became clearer.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #38  
One day at a time...

Glad to hear the 5k went well, Lin! Haha, also, "walk with intent" made me smile- I may just adopt that phrase :P

So, I went out to eat with friends tonight and did a mostly good job of staying on plan! I ordered a turkey burger and sweet potato fries, which appeared to be the only healthy thing on the menu. The only sort of slip-up was eating one of the rolls at the table...first piece of bread I've had in about a month and a half (oops). On the bright side, I ate it without butter and was able to savor it and eat it slowly. Overall, I'm pleased with how things went! Still sort of nervous about how many calories were actually in the meal, though...whenever I go out to eat I am inclined to think that every menu item secretly has 1000+ calories
Old 10-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Today I didn't do the best on food, but I have tracked everything and am still in my points values for the week, so I am ok with that and feeling like I can count that as being on plan as that are what they are there for and the fact that I tracked everything that I put into my mouth even if it wasn't the best for me. I know that I need to have some days like this or I will not stick to it for the long term. I enjoyed the day and did not feel guilty, which is also a plus for me.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #40  
Dukanista

while this isn't specifically a weight loss challenge, I like to keep track so I see the scale move down as the days on plan go up! Down 2.2 for the week.

SW: 210.4
CW: 208.2
Old 10-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #41  
One day at a time...

Woo, congratulations on the loss, AprilSnow!

Last edited by GreatPerhaps; 10-02-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #42  
Walking the Journey

S/C/G: 307/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

7 hours of pure, uninterrupted sleep.

HUZZAH!!!!

And i juiced yesterday (after falling out for a bit). So Juicing again today, and going to replenish the produce this evening. Plus, I'm buying a new Juicer, which should light that fire of inspiration again. (The last one was a 30 dollar one from Walmart to make sure I was INTO it before I dropped the bucks on a fancier one).

-Kiki

Last edited by Wyllowbelle; 10-02-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Wyllowbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #43  
One day at a time...

Kiki, what sort of things do you juice?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPerhaps View Post
Still sort of nervous about how many calories were actually in the meal, though...whenever I go out to eat I am inclined to think that every menu item secretly has 1000+ calories
Yes! Me too! I don't entirely feel comfortable with eating out. I have some "safe" places that I trust but most restaurants worry me. Especially chain type restaurants.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #45  
One day at a time...

GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT?!?!

This morning I woke up and the scale said.....199.8!!!!

Then I went to yoga class and got into my first ever full extension backbend, which is a huge NSV. This is the best start to the week ever