Old 09-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #16  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
a thick skin online is a must, people are cruel and hateful and mean spirited safely tucked away behind the safety of a keyboard, believe me I've had my fair share of PMs saying hateful things like "go away, you've lost the weight, no one wants you here now" etc., but then you get a great one that says something like "hey if you can do it, maybe i can too!" and it's worthwhile again!

It's amazing that you know your body & mind so well, know what'll work and what doesn't, so you'll pull yourself up again I know it.

sorry your little muffin is sick hopefully she's all better now!
It makes me sad that someone would send anyone here mean PMs. I've never received one luckily. I think that we need to be supportive of each other not try to tear others down. Lyn and Trazey, you're both doing great things, especially when you share it with us.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

A new morning... and what lovely things to read this morning! Thank you guys, I want to be an inspiration but doubt myself sometimes. It means so much to me to hear this. I KNEW I could come here and get refueled by the kindness. THANK YOU. I think the "tough love" crowd has it wrong. When I get "tough", suck-it-up type comments it just makes me feel bad. Especially when they are from "Anonymous." People would not speak that way to some stranger on the street yet feel emboldened to be harsh with a stranger on the Internet. I totally embrace suggestions and people disagreeing and sharing thoughts with me about why what I am doing might not work, BUT... harshness and critical remarks are just not helpful. The virtual hugs I got on THIS thread were very much needed and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And... daughter is much better this morning, no vomiting so far, and I am back to 199! I am so relieved. Will keep plugging along...
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #18  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
a thick skin online is a must, people are cruel and hateful and mean spirited safely tucked away behind the safety of a keyboard, believe me I've had my fair share of PMs saying hateful things like "go away, you've lost the weight, no one wants you here now" etc., but then you get a great one that says something like "hey if you can do it, maybe i can too!" and it's worthwhile again!

I was surprised to read this. I'm so slow and up and down with this weight loss, that your positive posts always cheer me up and help me keep plugging along. and that before and after avatar, well, I love that. Would love to have one of those one day.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Hi. Lyn. I've never read your blog (but I will now) and I'm a relatively new member in 3FC's. I am glad to see your DD is doing better. Things are always tough when one of your kids is sick. Everything seems harder when you feel helpless to fix things for them.

I'm proud of you for losing 103 pounds and being able to put on the brakes after backsliding just a bit. My big fear is getting to goal and then going bonkers and gaining it all back. The fact that I have no clothes may be a bit of a plus, since I've been very frugal in the amount of things I've purchased this summer! I can't get any bigger than I am now without it costing an arm and a leg, and relatively speaking, winter clothes are more costly than summer, so maybe I'll be OK!

Your OP hit home to me today. I lost weight pretty quickly and am now stalled about 20 or so pounds from what I set as my goal. 152 really isn't a bad place for me to end up. I was 140 in high school, but that was over 40 years ago, so I don't aspire to get there. I feel frustrated right now because of the slow rate I'm losing compared to what I was before. I don't want to change my "diet" because I'm not really on any set diet plan. I know me, and I know I hate to be told what to do in any way, so I thought it might be most beneficial for me to just cut back and exercise more. It's still working - just way more slowly than before. As would be expected, I guess. I guess what I'm saying is this - the frustrations are everywhere, no matter how fast or slow the process. We are all working hard to be healthy and we deserve respect for that. I'm so sorry that you get slammed on your blog. I plan to visit it and see what you have to say. Criticism is easy from someone who hasn't walked in your shoes. Write it off as that.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Thanks Lin, I appreciate your words of wisdom! and I agree that any journey to better health deserves respect. Slowness is not a bad thing!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #21  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am glad your little one is feeling better.

It's funny how people get about "their" way of losing weight. I used to want to know every detail of someone's plan and if they would have given me amounts and exact times, I would have been even happier. But I could never stick to it...because it was never MY plan. Until I sat down and decided what I could live with daily and then turned around and stuck to that plan EVERY day did I ever lose any weight. I like to know what other people are doing so I can tweak my plan, but it's always a variation. But certain people will still insist that you are doing it wrong despite your success!

I have always appreciated your honestly and cheered you on! Please know that you are a HUGE success and inspiration. Unfortunately sometimes we backslide. I love this thread about the stages of weight loss. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...s-journey.html It's just part of the journey sometimes. You'll have that 30 back off in no time!

Please continue to post and let us know how you are doing.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Hey Lyn, after trying to do a maintenance break and battling the binge monster for the past couple weeks, I have come to the conclusion that I CAN'T eat sweets in moderation. So they are out. I'm a sugar addict, and yeah, I've felt pathetic here for awhile but I think part of this is realizing our faults and dealing with them. This journey is so personal, and what works for one will not work for the other.

As far as the critics, they need to shut it. Seriously. You've been on a quest for health for four years. How many can say that, when so many fail, or commit for a month, and fall of the wagon? And yes, when you fall off, you get back on. Your blog has inspired me so much, and helped me in my journey. Especially on those days I feel like giving up. I read your blog and it really helps me. Keep going, see this as another bump in the road. I think when I started, I thought I could shed the pounds and my cravings for sugar and junk would cease, my disturbed thoughts about food and eating, the binging behaviors would go away and I could be "normal" around food. Well, I'm not "normal" and I never will be. I will always have to "watch" what I eat and monitor my portions. But that is OK. I'm realizing that now.

Big hugs to you, Lyn.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #23  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I have no huge words of wisdom but I want to send some huge *hugs* and lots of love your way.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
Hey Lyn, after trying to do a maintenance break and battling the binge monster for the past couple weeks, I have come to the conclusion that I CAN'T eat sweets in moderation. So they are out. I'm a sugar addict, and yeah, I've felt pathetic here for awhile but I think part of this is realizing our faults and dealing with them. This journey is so personal, and what works for one will not work for the other.

As far as the critics, they need to shut it. Seriously. You've been on a quest for health for four years. How many can say that, when so many fail, or commit for a month, and fall of the wagon? And yes, when you fall off, you get back on. Your blog has inspired me so much, and helped me in my journey. Especially on those days I feel like giving up. I read your blog and it really helps me. Keep going, see this as another bump in the road. I think when I started, I thought I could shed the pounds and my cravings for sugar and junk would cease, my disturbed thoughts about food and eating, the binging behaviors would go away and I could be "normal" around food. Well, I'm not "normal" and I never will be. I will always have to "watch" what I eat and monitor my portions. But that is OK. I'm realizing that now.

Big hugs to you, Lyn.
Me too...I can't eat sweets or really any kind of junk food in moderation...can't have them in my house at all. Doesn't make me a failure, it's just a fact and I deal with it.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote