Old 08-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #31  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

lottie ~ You are one foxy mama!! You look great. Stop where you feel comfortable and just go with it from there. Keep up the great work!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #32  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

heh, thanks everyone!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #33  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Go for Healthy Lottie!

Your Curves are Great and Just remember too you are large breasted woman with some great kicking curves so you will never get to the standar 'bmi' as some other 'petite, smaller breasted woman' so maybe 190 is going to be comfy for you...maybe you get there and just live 'healthy' and you eventually get to 180 without much thought....just keep eating right and moving and let the chips fall where they may!

Great Job, Btw!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I think another thing this post illustrates is just how different everyone is. I'm a about 223 and incredibly unhealthy. I'm jealous that your bloodwork and everything is great at 220. But I think that's where it goes to show that a healthy diet and exercise is really important and not just losing weight. I've just started on this journey and am struggling to get into the routine. Some days are better than others. But I have to lose more for my health than anything else.

What I also found interesting was your comment about being 220 and loving the way you look since your starting weight was higher. It reminded me of how back in my thin days in highschool I felt fat at 135 then 150 then 180 as I watched the pounds increase. I'm 5'1" but bigger boned so I'm never going to look like the skinny girl. I've always been bigger sizes than my friends. But I wish me back then had realized how much better is was than me now. Not only in terms of insecurities with the way that I look but just in terms of better health and mobility. The cliche of hindsight is 20/20 is so true. And I'm always going to work in the future to encourage younger girls to relax about their weight and appreciate how they look as long as their health is good.

But I'm working towards just making it under 200 at this point. Once I get there I'm going to assess what my next goal will be. I did put 135 as my target weight however I think I'll probably hit plateaus at much higher weights and coast for awhile before deciding to move on. So it makes sense to me that you'd want to hang out around 190. But I agree with other people's comments to spend some time there and then reassess what you want to do from there.

But your story is inspiring to me and I think you look amazing as well. Congratulations on all that you've achieved and good luck going forward.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

You have such beautiful curves! I certainly did not look that hot at 220!

If you want to re-evaluate at 190, go for it!!! I mean you said that you eat healthy and workout on a regular basis. Of course, all the medical books will tell you that you should maintain a BMI of 25 or less but THIS IS ABOUT CHANGING YOUR LIFE. Every little bit counts (and an 80lb weight loss is not just a little bit)! You should be very proud of your weight loss! Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your journey!
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #36  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Just made a blog post about this topic:

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/...valuation.html
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote