Old 07-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #211  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 261.2/245.8/199

Height: 5'7.5"

And thanks everyone for the congratulations of finishing my Grad school application. It was kinda last minute. I called to talk about going next year, but the admission lady said that since they hadn't filled all the seats in the program yet they were still accepting applications, even thought the deadline to get them in had already past.

So, if I get accepted, I'll be a full time grad students in 2 months.
StarGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #212  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I just had a chance to read a little and just want to chime in...

O...M...G!!!!! with the wrinkly skin!!!! I mean, really? My inner thighs look like I am about to celebrate my 80th birthday!!!

Like you, Ang, I'll take the wrinkles over the fatty, filled out stuff but jeez!!!! LOL
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #213  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 261.2/245.8/199

Height: 5'7.5"

Someone who'd lost over a hundred pounds once told me to get a lotion with active copper. There's one by Nutragena. And start using in as soon as you can. She said she didn't really have any problems with wrinkles skin because of it.
StarGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #214  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Default Tried new recipes

OK, so I'm trying new veggie recipes to make this a lifestyle change.

Turnip fries: not bad

Rhubarb with homemade whipcream: waaaayyyy to sour
I don't know if I did something wrong or if this is an acquired taste that I DO NOT HAVE...

Well as least I tried...back to the brocolli this week....butternut squash and lobster tails for dinner....mmmmm

LGW
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #215  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Afternoon ALL

LGW good job on the 2.2lbs for the week Good Luck to you. I love mashed turnips never had them in fry form. How did you cook them?

Thanks Diana, I was a little disappointed that they weren't a 12 but oh well the price was right. I put on a pair of slacks this morning size 12 and they were baggy so it must be the make of Walmart's brand.

Diana and Aimee, I would love to meet up with you all. I even brought it up last year that we should plan something to all get together like a reunion. I've been to Myrtle Beach, SC and my Mom's husband is from Gaffney, SC ... Diana I think I asked you how close you were to there last year. Aimee, Angie, Coondocks and Kukkie we went to Montreal, Quebec years ago we have friends up there and had planned to go up this summer but couldn't get the communication between all of us straight so maybe next year. But if I happen to come to any of the places that you all are I will definitely let you know before I do so that we can meet.

Aimee yes there is a normal look apparently because some tell me that I don't look like I need to lose weight (if they only knew)

Angie Johnny Depp scares me, something about his eyes and too much make up I think. I can't see him out of character . Now Matthew is fine . sweaty thighs, don't you hate that and it just rolls down if you don't have on hose, what an awful feeling You must really be catching up 171 is a wish for me right now How and when did you drink the lemon water, full details please?

Ona congratulations to you on 181 you GO LADY

Lindy great job on the 10lbs GONE

Coondocks
I was thinking the same thing it has to be inches lost because I was shocked. Even my baby said the 12/14 top was too big on me so if she noticed you know it didn't look good. I don't know if you recall me talking about bras last year. Well I noticed with them too. I am one day gonna sit down at my sewing machine and figure out how to make the cups smaller. I know how to do the sides to make them fit correctly (one day) . So I know I'm losing inches. Yes we will get through this together, I will always have your back . I am up today also. But I am also quite bloated, gassy. I think it maybe from the zucchini and squash that I ate.

Roxy, good job on the .6 down I'm trying to catch you ... can you see me behind you trying to keep up Oh I had it back to back, I finished a cup while grilling and had the kids add more water and the lemons and the pulp were still in the cup so it was just as tart. Thanks for the heads up, I won't do that again

Vixsin I will give all the hugs you need if I get them back You deserve that day yesterday. It doesn't happen often and you know how to get back OP I hear you Mommy on attitude and cleaning. I do the same thing. If you want to cut up and give me attitude, let's give you some time to think about it, and to my expectations. It always takes them awhile except for the middle boy he makes sure I don't pull it all out/down when he's done so he does it right the first time

StarGetsFit take it in stride and have fun Gonna look into that lotion. Have you tried it out? Does it work?

Mandy where are you?

Gale
is the a/c fixed?

OK back up to 175.4 up 1.4 from yesterday I weighed in 2 hours earlier though so who knows and like I said I was bloated and gassy earlier also. I am trying to make today an OP day and I think I have done well with the exception of eating 2 choc chip cookies as soon as I walked in the door from church. But I haven't had anything else bad ... I don't think

Last edited by love2b150; 08-01-2011 at 01:19 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #216  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Up .6 today to 147.6. Nothing much going on today. It's my 12th anniversary, but Dh has to work .
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

A VERY late start to the day today, I woke up with a migraine at 3am and attempted to sleep it off. It finally just passed, 12 hours later Phew! Did a weigh in earlier than normal.. and apparently I am down 1.3 this morning, which takes me to... 259.3 Heeeellloooo 250's!! Missed you lots!

Angie - I've been experimenting with lighter dinners - either a salad with some lean protein or soup and a small bun. It's working great for me, maybe give something like that a try for a couple of days? Loved your post, its exactly what I feel like I'm doing when I'm catching up, And I hit the 250's! Yay!! I really think that The Cheesecake factory sounds yummy right now - was there one in Vegas? The bf wants me to take him to Vegas in March.

Diana - TTOM and no change! Fabulous!

Ona - Great WI this morning!! You are getting close to your goal!

Lindy - congrats on the loss and hitting 10 pounds lost!

Coondocks - sorry to hear about Jack Hopefully you are a little more rested before heading to the BBQ - I am officially starving and drooling at the thought of your food! You aren't really short either, although you sure can't tell I'm 5'7" eh?? Everyone thinks I'm shorter I was just thinking the learn to run clinic - it's basically Couch to 5K program, but you get to PAY for it, But the structure may help keep me on track! Can you believe I actually used to do a portion of a triathelon when I was younger? I sure can't!

Roxy - How are you sleeping these days? That always seems to have a negative effect on weight loss. Down is good You've lost 76 pounds, you know what you are doing, so hang tight and trust in what you are doing

LGW - You can definitely survive AND lose weight with shift work, just plan plan plan! Sometimes when you are tired you can silly food choices (I know this allllll too well!!).

Rennie - Back on plan missy!! I'm not feeling like doing much today, woke up with a migraine and so lack of food might be my problem today. Sorry to hear about the gain, but it's likely from the bloated thing. Hopefully the rest of your day goes smoothly!

Jeri - Happy Anniversary!! 12 years is pretty amazing!! Congrats What time does DH work until? I surprised the bf with a little dinner & gifts on Valentines day when he had to work until 11pm. Gotta get time in where you can!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #218  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Wow Coon,200 squats! you go girl have a great time at the BBQ. thanks really cool you and Aimee meeting any stuff you learn will be greatly received,can't wait

StarGetFit,getting that Ap done in time.:crossed you'll get in.great job getting back to before festival weight

Angie,that's a great WI considering all the eating out you've doing I really commend you cause you handled all those obstacles really good .each eating out, you're getting stronger and better able to handle those adversities that pie sounds delicious.Thanks for thinking of me. You know what? now, for some reason.My face looks fine either I've gotten use to looking at it or something... but every person i meet,which some i find myself talking to about weight and give them my testimony,they say they never would have known I've lost weight by my face Now my arms are a different story there is only so much firming/toning is going to help there.Thanks for being optimistic for me

LGW,you're going to do great.You have everything planed out.Your determination and focus is strong.You see that you can lose weight and have been doing great.So say.."come on temptation devil,show me what you got"grrr.."I'm stronger,my mind is rock solid and you will not still my joy any more" You will have the victory at the end of those 4 weeks Thank you

Vixsin

Roxy,thanks for the shoe info and your suggestions to LGW was really helpful to me too,you know your stuff great job on the .6 Thank you

Aimee,nice you and Coon met.Did you guys take a picture together? now you guys have got to meet up w/KuKKie and Angie some kinda way plan like a Weight loss group trip or something I met some friends IRL from the tennis site I'm on and it was really nice.

I was a little hurt a while back.A lady that i had befriended here,Her Mother lives in my City and she said that when she came, she would look me up.Well, she was here for several weeks and never called.She PM me when she was leaving and said she was leaving. If she didn't have the time,she could have at least just called to say hello I couldn't believe it.I really liked and supported/ encouraged her.

Diana,great job holding steady w/TTOM showing up.Thank you

Lin

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #219  
LGW
#justfortoday

Thanks for all of the support....to temptation: "Show me what you got!?" -- thanks Ona

Love: I cut the turnips in french fry form, seasoned with garlic, pepper and parmesian in a bag and baked on a cooking sheet...allrecipes has the recipe in case I forgot something...I am not the greatest cook
Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #220  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Eclipse Happy Anniversary

Our anniversary is on 7/27 thirteen years married
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #221  
One Day At A Time

Turnip friesLGW,that don't even sounded good
Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #222  
LGW
#justfortoday

Ona: the turnip fries were actually not that bad...lol......don't worry I'm making butternut squash with cinnamon and nutmeg today....mmmmm

Last edited by LGW; 07-24-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #223  
One Day At A Time

Rennie,you're going to knock that weight off next week Thanks

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-24-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #224  
One Day At A Time

Really LCW,I guess I'm thinking about the bitterness of turnips Or i just want some french fries now i have a recipe for kale Chips but are yet to make them.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Just got done helping a friend cater a party. Resisted the cakes and pies, but not the pasta! We'll see how the scale says I did tomorrow!

Rennie - you asked a couple days ago what I'm doing to lose - nothing special, really. That is, I'm not following a set plan like WW or SB. Trying to stay under 1700 calories, not too much rice, pasta, potatoes, or bread. Not too much sugar or fat. Lots of water. I also go to the gym just about every day. It seems to be a plan I can live with. At least it's worked so far.

OnaMi - I can hardly believe it - just one more pound! Way to go!

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 07-24-2011 at 07:09 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote