Old 11-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #1  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Default Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff......November 2011.

Remember to be Thankful!

Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans, intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #2  

Hubby came home sick while I was at Bible study. Why didn't he just stay home this morning?? Anyway he spent most of the day napping. He thinks he has the flu, one more thing he's brought home from work.

I've been alternating working on Prayer shawls and baby blankets for the Churches' knitting ministry. I've actually been crocheting those because its easier for me to do more complicated lace patterns {read prettier} in crochet.

Baby Blanket http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...pics/002-3.jpg
Lattice Prayer shawl http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...pics/001-4.jpg
Old 11-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

patchworkpenguin--Thanks for getting us started! Hope hubby feels better and doesn't 'share' with you! Beautiful work!!!

Oh my goodness...we are FINALLY all moved at work. Now...to unpack my office and try to find everything, haha! Oh well, that's the plan for today, anyway.

Hope you are all doing well! things should settle down in the next few days, so I'll be able to come here more often to check in.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks... I am reading my suggestions for healthy eating while out of town. I'll be heading to see my GS. My tummy is finally feeling better... I am weaning off my 'real gingerale' marathon. Perhaps, I shoud have tried ginger tea instead of ginger ale... because of all the carbs/sugar. It worked where other things did not.

Today I am picking up, yet, another foot/ankle brace. This is the last thing. I wish this foot/ankle challenge was over. It should be history, really. But - after having three legitmate setbacks on surgery - I guess I am leary of it. It may be my last option. (in the mean time the surgeon did NOT want to do surgery because of a new brace which didn't work in the long run) I went to an orthosist (sp) to fix my current brace in the mean time. She said she could fashion something that would work. That is what I am getting today. DH and I decided it was worth one last try. My foot/ankle has some soreness -and, I don't have long distance or long standing up mobility. So that's where I am in that.

I have my day planned out. I plan to do my meditation, journalling, measure/log food, stretches & strengthening, lots of water.

I hope you all have a GREAT day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #5  

Beverly, I'm sorry to hear you are still having the foot/ankle problem. I feel trying the less invasive options is always a good thing. Althought easy for me to say too.

MJ, glad to hear you are all moved. Good luck with the searching!

I decided I needed to make a new plan for the food/exercise. I need to be stricter with myself and my choices.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #6  
mj5

Good Morning! So very glad it is Friday!!! Oh my goodness what a week! Lots of fun stuff this weekend to look forward to....kickboxing tonight and tomorrow, a massage tomorrow (yea!!!), and shopping with friends on sunday....so very glad for that...I am running out of things that fit again, haha!

Beverlyjoy--that darn foot/ankle! I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. Enjoy the time with your GS. I know you will!!!

Patchworkpenguin--So what's your new plan? Do you use a website to track your food?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #7  

MJ, I counted cals for about a year. It started out okay, not great, but the longer I counted the unhappier I got, and the less I was enjoying my meals. Then resentment set in, then dispair. I finally quit counting, and went back to a 'eat only when hungry' plan that I've used before, but quit than in favor of an eat several smalls meals a day, which I'm still doing to some extent. None of these seem to be something that I can stick with long term. So right now I feel I'm floundering, but I'm trying to make good choices, not overeat/binge, and find something I can live with. I don't drink anything but water{occasional juice or coffee}, avoid fried or just plain unhealthy foods, random junk food, try not to overeat, eat more veggies/fruit than protein, and limit bread.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #8  
mj5

patchworkpenguin--oh dear, if counting cal did that to you, definitely don't go that route again! I am sure you will get into your groove again.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #9  

I didn't eat a lot today and the meals were spread out though the day. I did 40min of cardio.

Cold and damp here. Hubby still isn't feeling well, but he has the weekend to recover. One of my friends called me to warn me that there was a shooting at the end of my street. It wasn't in a house but more of a drive by.

Hubby took April outside late last night, without a leash and there was a cat in our backyard. So she ran after the cat. She's limping again but not very much, thank God!
Old 11-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #10  

I can report a loss of 1.6lbs! Yay for me!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #11  
mj5

Patchworkpenguin--CONGRATS! That's awesome!

I went to the most awesome kickboxing class today. So intense!

Tomorrow I am going shopping w/ friends. I can't wait!!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #12  

We went to Hastings bookstore only to find that it was closing in Dec! This is the place I take books and DVD's to get store credit. Borders just closed a few months ago and now this! I was able to use up my $40 store credit. I bought 2 DVD's Bob Harpers 'Ultimate Cardio Body' and The Firm's Weightloss System with 'Burn and Firm' and 'Cardio Blast' I also bought two crochet books.

More news on the shooting; 2 people were injured but no fatalities. Both people were in cars, they just happen to meet at that intersection.

We don't often do this but we stopped to look at a rocking chair on the side of the road. Its one of those 90's padded rockers that came with a footstool. All that was left was the chair, but it and the springs are in good shape. I love rockers so this one is going into my 'yarn storage room" so I can escape when Hubby is watching something boring on the TV! I plan on making a cushion for it. Putting my dusty sewing machine to good use!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

If any of you follow my blog you'll know I've been trying to get back on track for a good while now. I did gain 10 lbs (eep!) But I've FINALLY started to lose again. I'm not updating my ticker for a bit, until I'm certain of my losses. I see the doc on the 9th, maybe then I'll update it.

Anyhow, at the moment my back is FULL of pinched nerves. I'm not sure what I did. When I take a deep breath in it hurts my back and sometimes when I walk I get that pain in my lower back/hip with each step. This has just been the last couple of days but I'm over it already! So annoying!

Anyhow, missed you guys, hope everyone is doing well.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #14  
mj5

Good Morning!
patchworkpenguin--That's too bad about the store closing soon.

lottie--great to see you here! yes, I have been reading your blog.

I am down 1lb, which I am happy with, especially after a big loss last week. I took today off w/ dh (yea!). I am heading to the gym and he has some errands to run. Then we are coming home, putting our pj's back on and watching movies. Ahhh, a day to relax! Later I am going to finish going through my clothes....I am going to the outletmall on Wednesday and I don't want to buy things that I don't need.

Have a great day!
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #15  

I'm tired today. I don't really feel there's a good reason, but I'm trying to keep moving and not take a nap on the couch. I've started the bread, fixed a crockpot "loaded potato soup' for dinner, and have started the laundry. We bought one of those extendable poles with shelves to put in the shower to hold shampoos etc. Hopefully that will make it easier to clean the shower/tub without having to move everything. I need to clean the tub before Hubby gets home so he can install it. I have a routine mammogram tomorrow.

Lottie, sorry to hear about your back. Hang in there.

MJ, a movie dat in your pj's sounds like fun! What are you watching?