Old 03-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #16  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Lottie - Open mouth, insert foot... that seems to be the way with men and weight loss, doesn't it? I'm sorry he was so insensitive, that's tough to take. I disagree with the previous posters about growing a thick skin though. Having a thin skin, being more easily disrupted and hurt also means we can love and laugh and care more easily. That's what I think, anyhow. I'll take the pain that comes with the joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
My DH has a great saying when I get that "miffed" look on my face -- he says "if there's TWO ways to take what I just said, and one of them upsets you, I MEANT THE OTHER ONE!" hahahahah
^^^ This made me laugh so hard!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I'm with Gale02-I would say I'm a tender hearted woman. That isn't to say I am not strong, but I am definitely on the more sensitive side of life. I have been hurt badly in the past, but that's the past-I don't think having thicker skin is a bad thing, but I don't think being sensitive is bad either, as long as it is not extreme. Being sensitive also allows me to be what I want to see in the world; a good listener, a great comforter, someone optimistic to the bitter end, and always seeking to try and understand how others feel. Sure, people say rude things, but sometimes they are said with love even if it's hard to see because it's so easy for you to understand that by and large nobody likes being talked to that way.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #18  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

^^^ She articulated it MUCH better than I did. What she said!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Some family just sucks though. No one has the gall to talk about my weight especially now that I'm older however, my grandmother has issues.

When I was young, maybe in middle school, she decided it would be funny to tell me what a b*tch I was in front of my friends. The purpose was merely to get a laugh out of them and to seem "cool" with them. She's very concerned with these things.

It's hard to decipher when people "mean well" and when they're "really mean". Once I know it's the latter, I pretty much don't deal with them, family or not.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote