Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #16  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ! No real pearls of wisdom but I do understand what you are saying.
I also am at the midway point of my weight loss journey. It seemed like I weighed between 202 and 212 forever and I kept asking my husband do you think I will be able to get below 200? He kept telling me YES! He said sooner or later the way you eat (or the lack thereof) and exercise the weight has no other option but to come off. The day I stood on the scale and it said 199.6 I hardly believed my eyes! I had not seen that for over 15 years. And after years of Crohns disease and taking prednisone I had this mental block that I was not capable of losing weight. That is a falsehood I had built up in my mind.
You keep working on this and you will not only see the scale dip below 200 but you will continue to see a steady weight decline.
Happy New Year! Here's to a year of seeing our dream become a reality!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:41 AM   #17  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Gosh- this is so what I feel. 103lbs gone, 42 still to go, and I feel like the last 42 are the big ones! Weightloss is a roller coaster of emotions, and it's sticking to the ride that makes us win. Understanding that if we stick to and believe in our plans we will succeed.
You have done yourself a huge favour by losing 50lbs. You are half way to achieving an amazing goal. Have faith and keep going- you will succeed, but be prepared to perhaps never feel the way you want to about your body. Thats a whole new mental issue that has to be addressed along the way.
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbrite View Post
Gosh- this is so what I feel. 103lbs gone, 42 still to go, and I feel like the last 42 are the big ones! Weightloss is a roller coaster of emotions, and it's sticking to the ride that makes us win. Understanding that if we stick to and believe in our plans we will succeed.
You have done yourself a huge favour by losing 50lbs. You are half way to achieving an amazing goal. Have faith and keep going- you will succeed, but be prepared to perhaps never feel the way you want to about your body. Thats a whole new mental issue that has to be addressed along the way.
Me and you both! Gosh, we are weight loss twins!

Fatty, yesterday I started to write a big long response about how I remember feeling the way you feel.... I had a HUGE headblock about the number 230. I had never weighed less than 230 in TWENTY YEARS. It was a big relief putting that number behind me!

But yesterday, I kept thinking about what you had written, and I realized that I'm STILL in that state. I lost down to the size where I can wear normal sized clothes but I'm still a bit on the chubby size. I was trying to shop in the expensive department of a high end department store and in the really expensive brands, I'm just over a 14. I almost cried. All this weight loss, all this effort and work and hours logged at the gym, and I there are still entire departments at Nordstrom in which I can't wear a single item of clothing.

So yeah, it sucks.

But on the other hand, where we were sucks more, and eventually we'll get where we're going if we stick with it.

I TOTALLY fall into this magical thinking about weight loss. I always think that I'll keep doing what I'm doing but my body will just REFUSE.

But of course, that's ridiculous. We don't get to choose the exact timeline, but we do get to choose the outcome.

Hang in there, and you will start to feel the magic of losing the next fifty.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #19  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I feel ya! I have hovered around 260 for the past four months, after losing almost 50 pounds from April to September. 260-ish is a major "set point" for me -- I was around that weight when I married 20 years ago, and even when I've lost weight in the past I get to this point and just kinda... stop. So I was afraid it would be a major hurdle mentally for me. So much work, so much effort, and so little (to me) change in my body. /sigh

And yet, it hasn't been so bad this time around. I have a longer-term view in sight -- and a one-year commitment, no matter what. The four-month "plateau" wasn't as frustrating for me. Before, I'd give up at this point. This time, I just felt like I was resting, holding, waiting for the time to continue on the path. Like I do when I go hiking and take a break from walking to just sit and enjoy the scenery where I am (and catch my breath).

(And I put quotes around "plateau" because I know what was causing it... calorie/carb creep, too much alcohol, no exercise, etc. It's not a true plateau if I'm not actually on-plan 80% of the time.)

So now I'm ready to move on to the next phase of the journey. Back on plan, and more careful about accounting (calories/carbs). And it's beginning to come off again.

We're not in it for the short haul. This is a lifetime journey. And it's the journey itself that is fascinating (and hard!) and exhilarating. The fact that I can make these choices, that I have the determination and willpower, that this is MY journey, makes all the difference this time.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh my gosh, you and I could be twins! Same height, same amount lost (more or less), same feelings! I am right there with you. I let myself become totally complacent over Christmas because I am a bit discouraged and a bit freaked out by what might lie on the other side of the 200 mark.
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks to all my weight loss twins. I am on a 1.5year commitment this time, and I think that is key. Throwing in the towel is not an option. In December 2011, my DH and I plan on conceiving baby #2. I want to be the fittest and healthiest me I can be by that time. The scale read 214.5 this morning, so I know I am on a downward trend with these pesky holidays behind me!!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote