3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability, menu, exercise, plans & more...Month of November... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/216234-accountability-menu-exercise-plans-more-month-november.html)

mj5 11-16-2010 09:14 AM

Hi! Quick change in workout plans...workouts will be: Tues, Th, and Sat. Hubby has Wed off so we are going to go to my niece's volleyball game Wed.

The game last night was awesome! They won and the girls had a great time. My niece did a great job as captain--encouraging everyone....so nice to see pre-teen girls encouraging each other!

Food choices have been good. I have my wellness coach phone call this afternoon, so that will be good and I will go workout right after.

Hope you are all doing well!

Slashnl 11-16-2010 11:31 AM

Ok, I really thought I posted here yesterday. Evidently not. Probably pouting because I didn't get to the gym yesterday, even though I was dressed and ready to go. My alternator went out on the way to the gym, so I limped my car back home... no lights by the time I got there. Scary. Anyway, got it fixed. So, I went to Spin class today. That helped. I really wanted to go yesterday and I was disappointed that I had to miss a class AFTER I was already ready to go. Ugh.

MJ - I love volleyball. My daughter was in it for awhile, but she didn't make the team as a Freshman, so she is done. She enjoyed it, but just didn't have the height or the skills of some of the other girls.

Beverly - Hope you have a nice lunch with your mom! Sounds like fun.

ANewCreation - Congrats on losing the pound!! Yay!

Have a great day everyone!

Beverlyjoy 11-17-2010 06:38 AM

Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day - I am grateful. I planned and logged my food, did my exercises, drank my water, worked on eating more slowly, always left one bite of food on my plate and ate seated only. It was a good day. Plus.... I've lost two pounds since last week! :):)

Today:
breakfast - apple, brown rice & egg whites with mushrooms and a little lite soy sauce

lunch - mushroom soup, cheese melted on rice cake, roasted veggies

snack - fiber muffin

dinner - turkey burger with cheese, sweet potato with lite margerine, salad, evoo, b.vinegar

snack - 1/2 c. cheerios

Anewcreation - wonderful on that one pound down!!! I imagine having DH count his calories was a huge eye opening experience. So glad you both did this.

slash - ugh...car trouble...double ugh when it make you miss a workout. Glad you got to your spin class later on!

Mj - your planned workout days sound like a GREAT idea. Tonight is VB - have fun. Hope it's a good discussion with your wellness coach.

Have a great day to anyone stopping by.

mj5 11-17-2010 08:56 AM

Hi everyone! The gym was just what I needed after a loooooooooong string of meetings yesterday! Seriously, I just kinda waved hi and bye to my staff as I was coming and going yesterday....had a great workout!!!! And a great chat w/ my wellness coach. Talked about making the time to plan dinner and prep (as much as possible) the night before. Also we are both going to research how to change up my workout routine a bit.

Diane--Ok, it's official...we have the same life...I have TOTALLY done that before! LOL!!!! That stinks about your car!!!! I love volleyball too (It's a sport I can understand! LOL! I did NOT 'get' field hockey at all....) That's too bad your daughter didn't make it, I'm sure she will find (or already has) something she loves.

Beverlyjoy--CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Great job on the loss!!!! How is your "good foot" doing?

Volleyball tonight which will be fun. I am really looking forward to the weekend....no big plans, other than taking the dogs to the "spa" LOL!!!! (they are stinky beagles!!!) While they are there, I am going to the gym, then home to wash our blankets and put out new snuggly flannel sheets on our bed. Kinda nice to have a weekend w/out a zillion things to do.

Slashnl 11-17-2010 10:56 AM

Hi everyone. Went to my son's football banquet last night. What a great time that was! I wasn't really looking forward to it because sometimes banquets like that can get a little boring. Oh not this one. It was so much fun. What a great group of coaches, too. My son, a freshman, left the banquet so pumped up and now he can't wait for football to start again. He's even excited about doing his workouts in the off season. Fun times.

I'm going to take off from work for the next two days. I need to get a bunch of stuff done, and I have the time, so I'm taking off. I'm still going in for workouts, but then I'll start the errand running.

MJ - I think that is one of the most difficult parts of losing weight, finding the time to prepare and plan good meals. It's way easier to throw stuff together, but then you don't get the beneficial meals. Very challenging!

Beverly - You are on a roll with losing weight, good for you! Your ticker looks like you are very close to moving into onederland! How great!

ANewCreation 11-17-2010 12:18 PM

Good morning chickies!

Beverlyjoy--you go girl! Congrats on losing 2#'s!!!

mj5--it is tough to find time to plan meals and execute them when you're busy or tired but it truly is the key to success, isn't it?

slashnl--I'm glad to hear that you had fun at the banquet ;)

This has been such a good week. I weighed myself this morning and the scale continues to move down. I'm hoping to be down another pound or so at the end of the week.

I've been planning my meals and making better choices all around. Yesterday I had coffee with a neighbor after hitting the Costco and for a moment I almost gave in and got a treat from Paneras' bakery end. Waaaay to many calories for the regular size and they had no mini's available so I am proud to say that while my neighbor ate a regular lunch (she hadn't eaten anything since a very early breakfast whereas I had lunch before I left) I had a flavored black coffee and a 60 calorie cup of fresh fruit. I am usually really bad about social eating so that is a major victory for me!!!

In addition to planning and shopping better in the last two weeks I am also cooking enough to last a couple of meals or more. I made a big pot of Mexican soup (very cheesy and chock full of my favorite veggies). I also picked up some egg white quiches while I was at the Costco. Yummy, low calorie, reasonable carbs, reasonable sodium. It makes it a lot easier to know that I can just have a big bowl of soup at lunch. Or that dinner is already cooked and in the fridge. A quick reheating in the microwave and it's good to go. Plus, I think with the weather changing to cooler temps, I am more in the mood to cook.

Anyway, that's my midweek report. Hoping the rest of you are having a good week too!

Beverlyjoy 11-18-2010 05:38 AM

Hi chicks - yesterday started well but ended poorly as I let stress get the better of me. I am however, planning carefully for a healthy day.

Pre-op physical (again) today. Monday at PT I will try out my foot (formerly known as the good foot) and see if it's ready to be the pivot of my mobility for the next three months. Hopefully it will have healed enough.

I've been listening to guided imagery CD's about successful surgery and recovery. The meditations I am doing now are guided imagery and affirmations for a successful surgery and good recovery. A friend gave them to me. She said they were very helpful when she had her cancer surgery. They are very relaxing and positive. It's very intriguing - the first part is focussing on a transition to the operating room and the medical staff doing well while a gathering of my friends and family and even angels are there in with me being suppportive and showing love. Then we transition to the recovery room. The next separate segment are affirmations of healing, accepting feelings, and many positive ways of approaching a smooth,less painful, quick recovery.

breakfast - cottage cheese and half banana, pnb toast

lunch - tuna salad with celery, rice cakes, roasted veggies

snack - Fiber one cereal, milk

dinner - whole grain lean pocket, tossed salad with evoo, b.vinegar

snack - 1/2 c. cherrios

anewcreation - I am so glad you are having a good week. It just helps to get the momentum going. Great job planning ahead and NOT eating the samples or goodies with a friend!!!

mj - the 'good foot' is healing slow, but I've seen some progress. We will test it out next week. I really don't want to have to wait until next year to do this surgery. But - I'll do what I must do. SO glad you had a good workout and meeting with your wellness coach! It helps. Your weekend sounds good already.

diane - yay for a fun sports banquet and your son's enthusiasm. GREAT idea - starting your time off with a workout.

Lottie - hi...hope you are having a great day.

lottie63 11-18-2010 10:53 AM

Oops, forgot:

b: 2 egg beater omlet w/ 2 serv cheddar and lots of veggies, bagel thin and an apple
l: 1 egg beater omlet w/ 1 serv cheddar with red onion, bell pepper, and a chopped up chipotle black bean burger w/ hot sauce and a cup and a half of silk.
d: 6 oz baked bbq seasoned tofu, 1 cup brown rice, red onion

I need to go grocery shopping!

Heya everyone, I see we're mostly having great On Plan days and getting exercise in:

Slashnl: Sorry about your car

Anewcreation: great job on the party :D That kind of stuff is so difficult for me, I'm just avoiding it altogether this year!

Beverly joy: Glad to hear those cd's are helping and good luck with 'the good foot' :)

mj5: You'll work it in :)

Hope everyone else is doing good!

So, I know I had mentioned that I had gone back to eating meat, but, I have recently decided it wasn't working out for me. The reasons I went back were because I ate out too much (was eating fried veggies instead of grilled meats) so it seemed counter productive, and because I was in school and did not have the time to cook the way I used to. Both of those things are no longer an issue. So, back to being a vegetarian.

Oh, also, a bit of TMI: I had tried eating meat on two seperate occasions and didn't realize that it was meat causing my stomach problems. Basically, if I ate meat, I was constipated, sometimes for over a week. A veggie friend had mentioned to me that I had not eaten meat for over a year and veggies and grains are way easier on your body to digest. That perhaps my intestines had gotten used to things passing through easily and when I (quickly) reintroduced meat it may have been too much since you generally break meat down at a far slower pace. I haven't eaten meat for the last 3 days and things are starting to move again, thankfully. So now I need to go grocery shopping so I can get some veggie sources of protein so I dont' have to eat so much eggs and cheese! Ha!

Anyhow, hope everyone has a great day!

mj5 11-18-2010 02:13 PM

Hi everyone!

Diane--Good for you for taking some time off! I was just talking to hubby about taking a couple of "random days" to get some shopping done. The banquet sounds like a lot of fun! Yea...the planning....I am trying to do a little more cooking on the weekends, so I have some things prepared ahead. Like this weekend I am making a big crockpot of chili.

ANewCreation--It is tough to find the time, but it must be done! Great job yesterday!!!!

Beverlyjoy--I have everything crossed that your PT appt goes well on Monday!!!!

lottie--you are doing awesome!!!

I am going to the gym for a quick cardio workout tonight, then grocery shopping.

Have a great afternoon!

Slashnl 11-19-2010 01:57 PM

Hi everyone. Having a great couple of days off. I haven't done as much as I should have, but that's ok. It is nice to just take it slower and easier right now. I have made it to the gym on both days, so that's good. I hope to finish up some more stuff today.

MJ: Time off for shopping would be good. Then hopefully you don't have to worry about the crowds.

Lottie: Ya, I think you should probably stay away from the meat. I would be unhappy without meat, but once your body is used to just veggies, I'm sure it would be hard to get back to eating it.

Beverly: The guided imagery is a good idea. I believe that positive thinking about any situation is good. I hope it all works out for you!

ANewCreation: Good for you for showing such restraint while out with your friend! That's a great accomplishment!

Have a great day and great weekend!!

twinmommaplusone 11-19-2010 02:06 PM

Well I had plans to hit the gym today and did 1 hr of spin and 5 miles on the treadmill- however my daughter is home from school sick. So I cleaned all morning- and just feeling so tired now, I got little sleep last night. So I think for today- writing down my goals for the rest of the day could be good!

I already did over 3 hours of typical day do day stuff- cleaning- making beds, laundry- dishes- gave my son a haircut and made lunch.

I plan on doing an exercise video tonight- Jillians 30 day shred and a strength training video since I cant get to the gym!

Food so far today-
Breakfast-
1/2 12 Grain Bagel
1-2 tblsp of Fat Free Cream Cheese

Coffee Cream/Fat Free Half & Half.

LUnch- 1/4 cup of Lowfat Yogurt- sprinkled with Walnuts
2 cups of Fresh Baby Spinach- 1 ounce of Fat Free Cheese, 1 serving of Whole Wheat croutons, 2 tblsp of LowFat Ranch Dressing, Alcai Berry SuperFruit Green Tea

Coffee- sugar / skim milk.

Dinner- I plan on doing a chicken sausage link- fresh veggie & Apple.

lottie63 11-19-2010 08:27 PM

Hiiii!

:D

So, today is Day 30 of being On Plan. *throws confetti*

I got up, had breakfast, went to work for a few hours, came back and cashed my check, ate at Qdoba (Found something really healthy there! *gasp*) realized I'd left my keys at work, ha, walked to my bf's work to get his keys and then walked back, stopped at rite aid for some slim cottage cheese, then walked home. I can't believe I did all of that AFTER work! I could not have done that without being in incredible amounts of pain from the fibro like, 5 weeks ago. I feel so much better than I used to!

anyhow:

b: celery, onion, cheddar, hot sauce frittata with 1 serv egg beaters
l: Naked burrito: Black beans, fajita veggies, sour cream, hot salsa and hot sauce
D: Some type of delicious healthy feast I have not decided on yet! (We eat really late cuz of bf's work schedule)

mj5 11-20-2010 05:49 PM

Hi from the beagle sick ward...LOL!!!! One beagle has a sprained back leg, NO idea how that happened, but I am just thankful it isn't worse. By the way she was limping and yelping I thought it was. Spent yesterday afternoon at the vet. The other beagle has a raging ear infection. At least the vet just gave me the medicine for her, so I didn't need to drag her to the vet too....and I can't claim these two on my taxes because????? LOL!!!! Oh AND I am supposed to keep the one w/ the sprain "quiet" for two weeks..lucikly he laughed when he said that.....

Food choices have been very good, but I didn't get to the gym today. I meant to, but then just totally spaced and didn't.

I have the crockpot full of healthy turkey chili w/ lots of veggies for dinner tomorrow...it smells SO good!!!!! I will make some brown rice to have with it.

lottie63 11-20-2010 09:45 PM

Heya!

Today was great!

I have been busy working on my book, in a bit I have another scheduled timed writing session. I'm killing me today! ha.

Anyhow, I have started order groceries from a local online grocery thing offered by a grocery in the strip district. It's no membership fee and free shipping if it's over 50$ (5$ shipping charge if under), and the food is amazing! I got almost entirely produce, we were running low, and it's so cheap I thought, wow, I can actually afford to eat as much fruit and veggies as I wished I could! Ha!

I got TONS of stuff, and it was only 50.22 I mean, seriously, lots of stuff!

Anyhow, the delivery guy even carried them in and up the steps to my apt which was so nice! Policy says no tip, saying that you should EXPECT excellent service from them so no need to tip. Weird, but okay. lol. Not that I could have if I wanted to the guy was in and out so fast! Which is probably why it was also delivered ON TIME in the time range they had quoted me! (can't get that from the cable company!)

Today:

b: Mexi-style veggie fritatta (2 egg white/2 serv cheese), 1 serv cottage cheese, 1 pear
l: Mexi-Style veggie frittatta (1 serv egg white/1 serv cheese), 1 jello sugar free pudding cup
s: 2 serv cottage cheese
d: 1 serv rotini with 1 cup zucchini and .5 cup yellow squash, 2 serv shredded mozzerella

Breakfast and lunch were the same fritatta by necessity, I was going to make something else but then I realized my avocado wasn't ripe and I was too hungry to think of something different that had enough protein! ha.

Plan on kinecting tonight after my writing. I did volleyball last night, it was SO fun!

anna78 11-20-2010 11:56 PM

Trying a new plan for myself. I have vowed for now... not to try to lose any weight. I have stressed on this weightloss thing for sooo long. I am getting NO WHERE! I lose an gain the same 5lbs over an over. So I am taking some time to try and sort out things going on in my head first. Try and figure out where and why I am going wrong. This has to be a mental thing. So I am just going to try and maintain.. so to speak. I have mapped out a plan for the week. I am basicly going to eat the same thing Breakfast, lunch and snacks. Dinner will vary everynight. If I go off track I am not going to kill myself in stress over this. I am going to get back into my exercise routine. So this simple menu and exercise. Lots of thinking an processing. Also finish reading my book.

So here is my menu for tomorrow

B- Protien Bar

S- Small sweet treat from sunday school class

L- Chicken alfredo and lots of veggies

S- Oatmeal or granola bar

S- Egg and V8 or fruit

D- Either chicken breast, or bocca burger, veggies and carb...

S- 1 cup milk, 1 LF poptart.

lottie63 11-21-2010 10:18 PM

Hey guys, I hate this place on the weekends it's so slowwwwww. ha.

Anyhow, my day was good today, except I quickly realized something about my sleep schedule!

I was up until 5 am last night. Stupid me. I woke up at 11. I normally wake up at 9. I don't like to eat sometimes for 3-4 hours after I wake up. I knew that would be a mistake, so I ate at 1. I was so sluggish and tired, I didn't want to cook, which I generally LOVE cooking. So, instead I skipped out on my normal extra super filling healthy breakfast...instead I had a moderately healthy 1 serving of raisin brain with a half cup of vanilla silk.

I haven't had anything overly sweet for over a month. I was kind of wanting something sweet, (though it was NOT a 'craving') so the cereal seemed good. While I was out there making it It I thought wow, no sugar added hot chocolate added to vanilla silk sounded good. I was mindful, I did spark it all before I ate.

Then I ate the cereal and left half the milk in the bowl. it was too sweet to drink, then I tried to drink the hot chocolate and it was too sweet as well, so I ended up throwing both the rest of the milks away. I guess that's a fabulous thing to learn about myself though! :)

Then for lunch I had a tvp taco salad. I think for dinner I'm just going to have a giant veggie salad. We have SO many veggies since we had our grocerires delivered!

Maybe a pink lady apple for dessert? EEP! I have NEVER had a pink lady, I bought five of them, bf ate one last night, from his reaction I best eat them before they are all gone! ;)

I exercised today too, gonna do a bit more before bed. the backs of the upper hips are a little sore from the stuff I did last night (these, side knee up things) wow. intense. ha!

mj5 11-22-2010 01:19 PM

Hi everyone! Super busy today, but what else is new? Trying to play catch up from Friday. The good news is....drinking LOTS of water and my gym clothes are waiting for me in the car! I am going to the gym tonight and I plan to renew my membership as well.

Have a great OP day!!!!!!!!

Slashnl 11-22-2010 02:16 PM

Hi everyone. You can tell that I took off a couple of days from work... I'm buried. Talk to you all soon!

Beverlyjoy 11-23-2010 03:43 AM

Hi friends - I am hanging in there. My surgery is scheduled for next Thursday (12/2) - despite all the complications. I want to put myself in a bubble.

Family will be here today. I am so looking forward for this.

My tummy is nervous from the stress. So I MUST be aware of not eating spicy or greasy foods. I have those kind of foods around.

I'll check in when I can.

mj5 11-23-2010 09:24 AM

Hi everyone! Well, it happened again. I went to the gym last night and I just simply went. No thought, no nagging "oh you don't have to go tonight" thoughts....just want and had a GREAT workout! I am SO happy!!!! Tonight I am treating myself to a mani. Can't wait!

anna--Welcome!

lottie--You are right, weekends are way tooooo slow here. I will make an effort to pop in.

Diane--Ugh, I hate that....sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to take days off. YES it is!!!!

Beverlyjoy--YEA you have a date!!! I'll bring the bubble wrap! SO glad your family is coming. Enjoy, I know you will!!!!

I have my healthy lunch and snacks packed. Drinking LOTS of water.

Have a great OP day!

readytobeme2010 11-23-2010 09:56 AM

When I was at Shul on Friday night (Synagogue) I had the very best salad EVER......I even HATE spinach but it was guess what??? A Spinach salad...

Spinach, almonds, soy sauce, splenda (instead of sugar), chow mein noodles

SO low in fat and calories....I made a whole bowl of it for this week to eat through out the week. SO FAR its been incredible!!!!!!!!!!

Love finding new stuff I never thought I would like and end up loving it:)

You can even substitute the Spinach for green leaf salad etc....it is awesome

ANewCreation 11-23-2010 12:48 PM

Good morning chickies! A big welcome to the new kids ;)

This is a busy week. In addition to Thanksgiving, my son's birthday was yesterday. So, I'm going to be brief.

My weight is down another pound. Another 2 #'s to go and I will be at my ticker weight. I have upped the exercise. I am walking on the treadmill when I'm too busy to get to the pool. I am also really watching not only what I eat in terms of calories but also the kinds of foods I eat.

I am planning on eating turkey, 1/2 baked sweet potato, and lots of roasted veggies on the big day. I am also filling a custard cup with pumpkin pie filling so I can have a more healthy version of dessert. And some fat free whipped topping. Yummy!

I wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving! May we all stay on plan and enjoy our blessings surrounded by loved ones!

See everyone after the holiday :)

mj5 11-23-2010 03:54 PM

readytobeme2010--good for you!!! It's always great to find new yummy, healthy foods.

ANewCreation--busy busy!!!!

So..........I just got off the phone w/ my wellness coach. We were having a great chat and before I knew it, I had committed to going to a zumba class on Thanksgiving morning (yes, there is one)....yikes! Ok, I said I would do it, so I will. Maybe I can ask one of my nieces of they want to go too......

lottie63 11-23-2010 04:44 PM

heya ladies, I had a hard night last night. Stayed On Plan, but didn't fall asleep until around 5, had to take a sleeping pill for that. I was just a weepy sobbing mess, and needed to calm down and sleep.

Which means I didn't wake up today until 4. ha. So since I havent eaten yet and I"m going to bed early, I have a bunch of cals I can use for lunch. I'm gonna get a laredo veggie burger (mexican style?) at rock bottom, my friend is treating. wooo! ;)

Then I'll prolly just have pasta and veggies for dinner.

I didn't drink my water or excercise last night. boooo! I was just too upset to do much of anything.

Anyhow, I woke up to a whoosh! I lost 4 lbs! :D:D:D:D

lottie63 11-24-2010 01:25 AM

Today was better!

:)

I did 30 mins of exercise all at the same time! Woooo! :D

I'm only 2 lbs from being in a new 'decade'....I can't wait!

We're doing Thanksgiving tomorrow here, excitement!

mj5 11-24-2010 05:48 AM

Good Morning!!!!

lottie--sorry to hear you had a bad night, but wow, what a recovery! Great job!!!!

My nails came out really pretty--the color is "cherries on top" a very pretty deep red. It was so nice to just sit and relax for a few mins!

One of my niece's just did zumba yesterday at school and loved it, so she jumped at the chance to go with me tomorrow morning. No backing out now! I'm glad too, this is a studio I have wanted to check out, they have lots of class times that are pretty convenient and Sat and Sun classes too.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Beverlyjoy 11-24-2010 06:02 AM

Hi friends... checking in. My family from out of town is here. I've been making plans for healthful choices with a few tastes of traditional favorites.

Hope you alll have a GREAT time the next few days.

for today:
I will make healthfull choices today -

breakfast - pnb toast,apple

lunch - cottage cheese and 1/2 banan, toast

snack - fiber cereal, milk

dinner - Hong Kong Sea bass, bok choy, brown rice

snack - rice cake

lottie63 11-24-2010 07:52 AM

hellloooo! Gotta run and get ready for work, but here is today:

b: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 pear
l: fresh mixed veggies with 1 cup brown rice
d: nut roast with light gravy, homemade mashed sweet potatoes, zucchini-yellow squash-carrot-seasoned side dish.
s: apple cinnamon, no cholesterol recipe of 1 fiber one muffin

lottie63 11-24-2010 08:15 AM

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I woke up and did my kinect zen game. (tai chi/yoga type stuff). I realized how nice and warm and stretched my muscles feel after a workout. I was just thinking that if I did the zen in the morning, since it's not anything hardcore, it might help my pain when I"m at work standing. I feel good now, so we shall see! :)

Beverlyjoy 11-26-2010 07:30 AM

Hi chicks...home my American friends had a nice Thanksgiving! The good news is I only took one helping/plate of food for supper. However, I was 'snacky' yesterday. Today I've planned for a healthy day:

- pnb toast, apple

- cottage cheese, asparagus, rice cakes

- fiber cereal, milk

- big veggie salad with turkey, lite cheese, evoo, b. vinegar, homemade crutons

- rice cakes.

Have a GREAT day, friends.

mj5 11-26-2010 07:42 AM

Hi everyone! I followed through and went to zumba yesterday morning! It was SO much fun. My nieces loved it too. It totally helped me stay on plan all day yesterday too. Today I will get groceries and visit w/ family. I would love to go to another zumba class, but I'm not sure my knee would be able to take it, so I am going to wait until next weekend before I attempt another one.

Have a great OP day!

lottie63 11-26-2010 09:21 AM

I couldn't sleep last night. fell 'asleep' around 5, but it was fitful at best. Then, I kept waking up thinking I was late for work, so I was like, screw this, and just got up a half a half an hour early. Today is going to suuuuuuuck at work.

Misery

b: 2 servings slim cottage cheese, 1 apple, 1 arnolds wheat thin, 1 cup homemade almond milk.

dunno what else yet.

mj5 11-27-2010 08:09 AM

lottie--I hope you survived work yesterday! My hubby's store was super busy....he was so tired when he came home last night.

Tonight we are going to my younger brother's for a game night. I am really looking forward to it. There will be lots of snacks, so I need to drink lots of water and pay attention to what I am eating.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

mj5 11-28-2010 10:09 AM

Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying what is left of the weekend. I am feeling a bit icky today...fighting a cold. I am going to snuggle w/ the dogs and watch some movies. I am glad I did a bunch of cooking yesterday, so I just have to heat up dinner later! Hubby has to work, but at least he will be home to have dinner!!!

Have a great day!

ANewCreation 11-28-2010 01:42 PM

Hello Chickies!

I survived! Weight is exactly the same today as it was the last time I weighed. Nothing lost but nothing gained! I feel like a winner ;) I am proud to say I worked out everyday before Thanksgiving so I know that helped out a lot but I've been so busy hosting and visiting that I haven't worked out since then. Tomorrow I get right back to it ;)

Here's wishing you all good health and sticking to the plan you have in the next month!

lottie63 11-28-2010 02:39 PM

Heya everyone, work was good.

I made a really good vegan lasagna last night! My bf stood up after one bite and hugged me. lol. it was amazing. :D

BUT, I have found that I'm going to have to give the macdougal diet a try. (vegan, low/no soy foods/fake meats) mostly whole grains, fruits and veggies, no oil. ( I will use oil very sparingly as I already barely use any at all.)

I was doing okay veggie, but wanted to go vegan, then remembered (after a painful reminder last night) that eating soy in excess makes my boobs hurt! AUGH! :( Screw that. Time to cut it out!

I also started making my own almond milk. it turned out good. :)

b: 1 cup raisin bran, .5 cup almond milk, 1 gala apple
l: 1 cup seasoned brown rice, zucchini, squash, red onion
s: raw veggies
d: 1 cup whole grain garlic pasta with veggies
s: fruit

mj5 11-29-2010 10:00 AM

Good Morning!!!

I am down one lb! I am SO excited!!!! I am not quite at my ticker weight and I will change that if I don't get there soon.

Have a great OP day!

Slashnl 11-29-2010 11:34 AM

Hey everyone. I've been MIA. Lots of fun at Thanksgiving, but now back on track. Funny thing is that I lost 1.6 pounds. Actually, I haven't been drinking enough water, so I'm thinking it might not be real weight loss.

Hope everyone had a great week!

ANewCreation 11-29-2010 11:44 AM

I'm just going to throw this out here and if anyone has time to comment, please do.

I know a lot of us count calories and I'd like to know if anyone else has had the following experience. Do you ever find yourself eating because you have some calories leftover at the end of the day? And then, it sets you up for eating beyond your calorie amount because now it's like your appetite has been stimulated? I have been experiencing this for some time now.

So, I'm wondering if I would be a good candidate for a more intuitive way of eating. I sort of did that over Thanksgiving and I could tell when I was hungry and when I was full. It wasn't that hard stopping. It did require some thought and decisiveness on my part but I was able to do it. Of course in the back of my mind I was very conscious of what I was eating. I have some good habits and go-to foods (protein and veggies are my priority). So....

Having said all that I am trying something new for the month of December. I have been invited to join a neighborhood co-op where we cook once, deliver to the other families and then for the next 4 days get meals from them. Because we are just the two of us, we would have leftovers for the next day. I actually like that idea because I have a huge problem with menu planning. And, when I don't have a plan I tend to over eat or eat out. Neither is very good for weight loss ;) I got a chance to review the things they had cooked for the previous month and they're all the kinds of food that I would eat. No casseroles, pretty much meat, and two side dishes. I know that my hubby would be more than happy to double up on the potatoes or rice and I'd be more than happy to eat his veggies so I see it keeping with what I normally eat.

I am hoping this will work out but we've all agreed that I can give it a trial month and leave with no hard feelings if it doesn't work out for us.

Anyone ever tried this before? Any thoughts? Thanks for taking the time to respond during this very busy month!

Beverlyjoy 11-30-2010 07:11 AM

Hi friends... time is drawing near. My foot/ankle surgery is scheduled for Thursday. I am busy doing many things - as I won't drive for about ten week or more. I am feeling pretty nervous and my tummy is a wreck (alot of reflux etc) - but, I'll to keep it kind of bland.

For today:

exercises

breakfast - pnb toast, morningstar bacon, applesauce

lunch - cottage cheese, half banana, carrots, rice cake

snack - fiber cereal, milk

dinner - turkey burger, lite cheese, pumpkin with sf syrup, green beans

snack - rice cake

Have a good day.