Old 09-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/142

Default Fall is here!

I love fall! Spring and Fall are my most favorite seasons.

This weekend has been beautiful. Every weekend we spend a ton of time outside but the weather has been great this weekend. I have been to the dog park 3 times, I have went on many long walks and we went to the State Park today and took a 3 mile hike around the lake and had a picnic. We all had a great time.

Here's my only two issues...I packed my lunch today, a nice healthy Lean Cuisine panini and strawberries for our picnic. My husband, Daughter and her friend wanted Wawa hoagies. So, I was standing there waiting for their lunch and I turned around just to see Tastykake Pumpkin Pie! I have been so good, I have completely stayed on track. I have lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I am so proud of myself. So, I think of all of the reasons why I shouldn't get the Pumpkin Pie and walk away. For me, it is hard to walk away from a Taskykake so I mentally patted myself on the back...I get to the front to pay and there is my other issue... Reeses Halloween Pumpkins! So, I picked up a mini Peppermint Patty, paid and walked out. Although I didn't completely walk away from all sweets today, I passed up my major weaknesses. Another mental pat on the back. I am pretty proud of myself.

I am staying focused. I made a Things I am Looking Forward to list last night, a poster of me from when I was skinny and some motivational phrases. I know, it may sound cheesy to some people, but I think it helps me.

I look forward to the rest of Fall. Honestly, I look forward to having temptation in front of me, I look forward to passing them up and I mostly look forward that same proud feeling I felt today.

Here's to a great Fall, staying active and losing the pounds!
JessiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/281/160

Height: 5'10"

Good for you passing up temptation!
I'm looking forward to fall as well. I live in SC, so that means the summers are HOT! I hibernate from May until September. Fall is my favorite time of the year and I'm looking forward to getting outside for longer than 10 minutes at a time again. My company just announced they will be installing a walking track soon, so I'm hoping to use it now that the weather is nicer.
Gamecockgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

omg, FALL!!! I love it! yesterday was in the mid 70s here, and I can see the leaves starting to turn (already), and it's just lovely. We went to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, which is one of my favorite places on earth. Tons of butterflies, roses, a nice new vegetable and herb garden.

Congrats on passing up the major temptations. going out tends to be a challenge for me. practice and planning helps. it really is something to be proud of when we make a good decision health wise that helps get us to our goals
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #4  
Back on Track to Healthy

S/C/G: since 4/16/10 - 260/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

I always said Fall was my favorite because My birthday is in the Fall...but the real reason is because I can start to cover my fat with bulky sweaters and jackets. And the fact that I was always so hot and sweaty in the summer heat. I still have fat to cover and get hot, but not as much and I really am sad to see Summer leave this year. Next year will be even worse as I plan to be at my goal weight by start of Summer...or at least pretty darn close!
saram is offline   Reply With Quote