Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 AM   #16  
The tortoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondocks View Post
That just makes me sad, your sister sounds like shes living in the past and has given up on the future. I hope that's not the case.
Kudos to you for looking ahead and not back
Bah, now I feel guilty because I think that's probably true. Oh well, maybe when I've lost the weight I'll be able to feel magnanimous enough to let it go.
Cleophas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #17  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleophas View Post
Bah, now I feel guilty because I think that's probably true. Oh well, maybe when I've lost the weight I'll be able to feel magnanimous enough to let it go.
Awwww, I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty
I just think it's sad that your sister can't look to the future like you are and see something worth being healthy for . . . glad you can
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'm not above this, even though I'm working on my zen moments [yay, yoga!!!] lol.

Let's see, I want BF's exes to just be GREEN with envy. Especially the one who was my ex-best friend...she'll be livid. It's going to be EPIC.

Other than that, I want my mom to be proud of me
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:30 PM   #19  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

My motivation is primarily improved health and quality of life. There are the other motivations along the way like fitting certain sizes, shopping at certain stores, and doing things that used to be difficult. I don't have a beef with any of my ex's so I've got nothing there. The only person who has been rude about my weight is my sister. She particularly identifies herself as the skinny one and takes pride in it. It is the one and only area where she has been successful and I haven't. My becoming a normal weight will rock her world. Part of me wants that to happen as payback for rude comments she has made but part of me feels bad at taking away the one thing she was good at.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm loving everyone's motivations!!!!! Excellent....{insert evil laugh here}

Kel
CoCoMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #21  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Lori wrote:
Quote:
I have not gained it back because...well, because YOU KNOW, I had super-duper secret weight loss surgery. Although the people in our community who actually DID have WLS have gained back all or most of their weight...mine must have been a Special magic kind
You shouldn't have talked about this special surgery you underwent on a public forum, Lori. I'm sorry, but now the U.S. government is going to have to send a special agent to take you into custody and bring you to Rozwell, NM, where you will be "interned" for the rest of your life in an airline hanger, alongside the intelligent life forms who performed your surgery.

[Oh, dear. I shouldn't have revealed so much .... If neither Lori nor I post much in the coming weeks ... Send someone to New Mexico ...]

Last edited by saef; 08-31-2010 at 02:52 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:01 PM   #22  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

My main evil motivators are so that I can look and feel really hot and shock all those people who (in my head) have always felt sorry for my DH for being stuck with me at my highest weight. And so that if I EVER see the nasty piece of work who tried it on with my DH 18 months ago I will look a million times better than her and know that I AM also a million times better!
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:44 PM   #23  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
... I never get tired of telling the story of the wicked woman who told the entire community via the rumor mill that...

#1. Don't be jealous of Lori's weight-loss, because we all know she'll gain it all back.

#2. After a good 100+ pounds or so lost she then started telling everyone that the reason I've been successful was because I had super-duper secret weight loss surgery...Shhh don't tell anyone

#3. I have not gained it back because...well, because YOU KNOW, I had super-duper secret weight loss surgery. Although the people in our community who actually DID have WLS have gained back all or most of their weight...mine must have been a Special magic kind ...lol
OMG, Lori Bell !!!! . . . how petty can they be???? You are such a success and such an inspiration, that they feel jealous and say such mean things!!!!

Here is what I would like to do to them:

Aren't you glad you aren't like them? I usually don't have a mean spirit, but I have to admit that when I am around people like that, it brings out the worst in me!

BTW - could you please sell some of that special magic to me??????????

Last edited by doingmybest; 08-31-2010 at 07:56 PM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 297/257/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I want to be the same BMI as my mother in law or lower. She swears she is so skinny but her BMI buts her as just right at obese. She isn't the muscular exception either. I would love to fit in her jeans too.

My sister stays consistently 20 lbs lower than me always. I would like to close that gap, but I don't really care that much. If she is lower than me I can have the clothes she grows out of.

There is a guy I haven't seen in 10 years or more on my facebook and the first thing he posted on my wall is that I got fatter. In more words than that, but still... I only have a few pictures of me on there, and I would love to put some skinny ones up.
Lindifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:50 PM   #25  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I want to send pictures to my family and show them that at least one of us really can get their weight under control and keep it off.

I have a wonderful boyfriend who is also quite a bit older than me. I think it would be fun to be thin, look super hot, and have people wonder what exactly our age difference is.

There is this "friend" who says I'm fat because I really don't want to be thin. I so want to prove her wrong. She is much fatter than me, but brags about how she is fine with her size and feels sorry for me because I complain about it so much. I do realize the truth in her statements, but wow do I want to prove her...and myself wrong.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #26  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

I have lots of little evil motivators, but the BIG one just happened lately and has really kick started my motivation!

A photo of my #1 competition all through high school & college, in a bikini. And she looked amazing. Not only is it another reason for me to despise her... but I want to look better then her! So I'm pushing myself harder so I can show her up in bikini!

Last edited by KimL1214; 08-31-2010 at 10:08 PM.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

I want to be smaller (or as small as) my girl cousin's (who are all thin and GORGEOUS).

I can think of many more, but if I list every one of them, you all might think I'm terrible.
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:43 AM   #28  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

As much as I loved them, I look forward to all my guy friends from the past who saw me as just another friend (literally drooling over hot women with me sitting with them) to take a second glance and go "Dang!"

And the great thing is..... its already starting!!

It cracks me up when I run into one and they stare at me, or tell me sometime throughout the night "You know.... you're really, REALLY pretty...." *stare*

hah! Sucks for them... I'm with the guy who gave me a chance at 230! He, on the other hand, says he feels like he invested in a great stock and it paid off even more than he'd expected!!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 09-01-2010 at 02:44 AM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

LOL I love your height, starfishkitty! I should add MY freakin' half to my height as well. It allll counts.

I have no evil motivators. I sort of wish I did, because I would feel more...motivated. I just want to be "hot".
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #30  
Back on Track to Healthy

S/C/G: since 4/16/10 - 260/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMarie View Post
I look forward to being a normal weight again and then ignoring THEM when they try to be nice again. I'm already catching them giving me double takes and acting friendlier...they can bite me.
I love it! They need to take a big old bite!!! I hate people like that - you are either nice or you are not - you don't pick and choose who to be nice to. All or nothing. ( I would hope most people are ALL) Who raised these people?!
saram is offline   Reply With Quote