Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Cheryl....I am sorry your son is walking away from school at this time. It is hard when your years of life experience don't penetrate a child's brain. My son did this also. He's now thirty and thinking of going back. He is married with a child. We'll see.

I am so sorry you are struggling with your food as a reaction. It's those old comfort habits that can jump up and bite ya. Fight back... You eating will not change anything your son does. In fact - it could be a role model of finishing something .

Of course, I don't know. But, what I do know is that I am sending my support and a hug to help you get through this. You have many folks here that are ready to help you get through it.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'm in the same boat Saef was in, to also give you some hope.

I went to college aimlessly for a few years and essentially wasted money, time and financial aid. Then I left and spent about 4 - 5 years in entry level jobs, switching around and never finding my place...

About a year ago, I found I really missed school and wanted a Psychology degree. Now I'm nearly done and planning my applications in Master's and Doctorate programs. So don't give up hope on him! The work force will kick his *** back into shape and show him that school is a gift, like it did me. It might be longer, shorter, but he'll come to realize it eventually. If he doesn't, then he'll have found something make him happy otherwise.

Just because we leave and seem like we've given up, it doesn't mean we're down for the count
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

I'm so sorry things have been stressful for you. I'm glad you're here with us again though. You can do this! Hang in there, okay?
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote