Old 07-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

I would imagine not everyone is comfortable about talking about weight loss/gain. Similar to how if you haven't seen someone for ages and you see that they've GAINED 100 pounds! You wouldn't say anything directly to them, but you would probably gasp and keel over! I think talking about weight loss, weight gain, being tooooo skinny, fat, tall or short is just a sensitive subject. We assume that if someone is small maybe they don't mind hearing it but reality is that some folks do.

I ran into an old coworker the other day and it was a brief 'how are you' type greeting and passing, but the reality is I've lost 60lbs since we've seen one another and I later found out that he's lost 47lbs. But neither of us mentioned it to the other one.

I had another encounter with another friend on the 4th. I was downtown and we were walking towards one another. I spotted him and continued walking directly up to him and I guess it was freaking him out because I was staring him down and he's thinking, who is this crazy woman! But as I got closer, he realized it was me and we hugged and he said, "I almost didn't recognize you!" There was no additional mention of looking good or the weight loss, but it was unspoken and not necessary.
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote