Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #31  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

You look great. The difference is amazing!
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #32  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Eliana, I think this is one instance in which you have to turn to outsiders for a more objective opinion. Your problem (and probably your strength) is that you are a visionary. Regarding your appearance, I mean. You look at what you have done so far & see only what can be improved, & how far you think you need to go. But you're the only one who has those particular improvements in mind. The rest of us just see what you've done; we have no Platonic ideal "after" to go by & to measure any so-called shortcomings against.

I have to ask, what about your ribcage & belly & waist, girl? Look at the shape you have in that dress. Then look back at what your shape was like in the yellow top. If you grab a handful there, you've got to be holding much, much less in your hand than you did months ago. (Remember the old "pinch an inch" commercials? I hated them because I could always pinch lots more than an inch. But that's the measurement I am talking about.)

Otherwise I would say you're one of those who has a proportionate loss, pretty much all over. There's no one part that simply deflates. You're going down everywhere simultaneously. I think that's the hardest weight loss to grasp as far as reconstructing one's mental image of oneself goes. It's easy to notice if your boobs shrank or your butt is smaller. It's much harder when everything overall has gone down.

You need Sirenity to show you how to do one of those amazing morph images, like the one she posted a week or two ago. Then you would actually be able to visualize what all your hard-won labor has gotten you. Please, please do not discount your accomplishment just because of that Vision of yours. You have done something amazing. Truly.

Last edited by saef; 07-04-2010 at 02:03 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 375/339/150

Height: 5'10"

I think you look amazing! Great job!
IsabelleLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I don't know what your talking about.

Its a magnificent difference. You look stunning in that dress...you really rocked it girl! You looked sleek and had fabulous curves. You looked pregnant in the yellow shirt one... oh, gosh hope that doesn't offend you. I just mean, to me, I see a big difference.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #35  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Saef, you're amazing. I think you nailed it and if I look at it that way I guess I can be ok with it too. I do lose it all over. Apple shapes already have skinny legs so 60 off the top is going to be more dramatic than 60 pounds off a....what am I...a regtangle? LOL! Us "rectangles" perhaps lose it everywhere and maybe it's harder to see.

And as for a waist, I know I have one, but I think it flat disappears in that dress! I think it accentuates the rectangledness!

And Taralee, no you didn't offend me! Thank you!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #36  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

You look very nice, but I don't think that's a good picture--I bet in "real life" you are quite a bit more attractive even than that picture: the light is very harsh,and you are clearly tensing up, holding yourself like you are about to get smacked (which is what a picture feels like when you are obese, and the habit lingers!). You look worried and self-conscious, which are not attractive.

Understand, I'm not insulting you. I'm just saying that this very attractive picture probably reflects the worst you looked all evening, and when you are relaxed and laughing with your loved ones, you probably look even better.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I think you look stunning! And that is a great picture of you & your DH
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 18/16/12 (AU dress sizes)

Height: 165cm (5'5")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
And as for a waist, I know I have one, but I think it flat disappears in that dress! I think it accentuates the rectangledness!
One of the first things I noticed was how skinny your waist looks!
GoldenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Nothing to be ashamed about!! You look wonderful!
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote