Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 08:21 PM   #31  

I'm relieved to be down a tiny .8 this week. I don't think I'll be weighing for a while. dr. called this week, said blood tests showed thyroid low and I've started on Synthroid. I figure it will take my system a while to get adjusted and I'm going to be away a lot the next two weeks so I think I'll just do the best I can and let things settle down. Hopefully, I'll maintain and then I'll really give it a solid whirl again.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:03 PM   #32  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Well I don't think it is right that we women should be expected to do it all. If I have to work full-time then child care should be shared. The thing is that we talked about this before I even got pregant and he said that he would do his part. Now I feel totally betrayed. I'm also having second thoughts about having another baby. I was actually considering it in a couple of years but right now I say forget it. It is bad enough having to be a single mom with one baby, I"m not going to add to it by having another one. Don't get me wrong I love my son more than anything else on this planet and don't regret for a second having him but when it comes right down to it, there is a lot of work involved and I don't want to add to that my having another child. I don't know, maybe things will change by then but I"ll be thinking really hard about it then.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:30 AM   #33  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jen -

Wasn't it his 1st time really having Drake all by himself. Isn't there a chance that he'll come around? Or get used to it.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:52 PM   #34  

Wow. Looks like we all have our share of some stress factors in our lives at the time.

I am doing okay. Having an "ugly fat" day. But I am getting by. OP all day so far. Won't mention the Hershey Kisses I gave into yesterday. Couldn't just have 5. Then my tummy hurt. I will learn one day, I hope.

Jen..Have you and hubby been able to sit down and talk. Does he know how you feel? I am thinking of you. It can't be easy..

JacobsMommy..Hope Jacob is feeling better soon.

anagram..Stay strong chickie. You have been doing so well...in no time you'll be yourself again.

muelledk..McDOnalds...Hate to love it and love to hate it. 2 weeks and no school? I am sure they are keeping you busy!!

icewoman..I am just tired from listening to you're post. You must be in a coma state when you finally crawl into bed. God bless you...and you're energy!

Jennelle..Motivation? Where did ya see that? Yeah, I was feeling good,,,but then something happened and I ended up digging into the Hershey Kisses. I am getting tired of this.

MIA Chickies..come out, come out..whereever you are.

Old 10-03-2002, 05:45 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

Today is going better. I feel pretty good. My kids school is selling frozen cookie dough. I think tonight may be a good night to go around selling with the kids. They will have fun selling I think. I have had little time for myself. Even the evening walks have not been good. Yesterday was a day from H**L. I worked 10 hours and did laundry and cooked supper and went grocery shopping and dishes. I did ger alot of help yesterday though. My dad came over and cleaned the kitchen up to the dishes. He didn't konw where anything went so he thought I should do them which was great. Cleaned the garbage out of the bathroom and hallway by the washing machine. I really apreciated him doing this on his day off. He is also having someone come to fix the kitchen refridgerator. It won't make ice anymore. The baby fell asleep at 9:30 last night and I was zonked by 9:45.

Jenniffer--thanks lately I have been so zoned out I don't know if I'm coming or going. You are also in my prayers with everything you have been through lately.

anagram--my thyroid has been wacky since I was 18. I had it removed then and ever since I have been on medicine and there are days that I can tell when I have forgotten to take them. Take care I hope it gets better.

Has anyone seen PNG? Is she on vacation or just MIA?

Take care and hope to see you soon with a lose. Oh yah with everything going on I must have done some stress eating and not realized it. I gained 1.5 pounds.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:02 PM   #36  

BA's been MIA too.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:07 PM   #37  
Jen

Okay, I understand that it was his first time looking after Drake full-time. Say he was frustrated because he couldn't get Drake to have a nap or eat or something like that. That I could all understand. That is not the problem. He is saying that he is upset because he has to watch Drake and not do all this other stuff ie coach hockey with his best friend or work on his race car or do work. The plain and simple fact is that while all those are important things I too have to work and if I have to work weekends then it is his turn to look after his son. It felt to me that he was saying that all this other stuff was more important than looking after his own son. right now I have got a lot of support from work and they are willing to accomodate me (for now) with giving me weekdays only. Still it makes me angry that he has this attitude. He is missing so much of his child growing up. It goes by so fast, he'll look back someday and regret it I know but I can't get him to see that.

Oh well.

I think the points challenge is going well. I feel really confident about it. Take care all. Have a nice weekend.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:45 PM   #38  

Not being a wife any longer...and never being a Mother..this may not be my place to jump in.

BUT...Jen...I completely agree with you 100%.

He is not only you're child. He is just as much responsible for him as you are. Not all ppl think like this though.

You are working to better you're family. The last thing you need t do is come home to a whyning husband because he had to babysit the baby. Uhm. When it's your child, you are never babysitting nor watching. You are raising him.

I really do hope that he sees it soon, before Drake gets much older. He is missing out.

Do you think it could be anything else? Or is he just used to you taking care of everything?

Old 10-04-2002, 04:57 PM   #39  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Angry I'm here

Went to the dr yesterday for this throat thing--he said my BP is almost perfect!!! So maybe he'll take me off the meds now. It's been 5 months.

Also confirmed that my weight is 290, like it was 2 weeks ago @ my friend's house, so I'm expecting at least a 2# loss in 2 weeks when I go back to be "formally" checked for my BP, b/c it's my TOM, so at least 2# of that's gotta be water, right?!?!?!?!?!?!? I think I might just make the Halloween goal early!
Old 10-04-2002, 10:09 PM   #40  
gbo

Well with the prempro(hormones) I have begun taking my weight has shot up 3 pounds but I am unconcerned as so has my swelling!!!! I haven't been swollen like this in so long. I was shocked but ok so another little challenge comes my way. I shall adjust myself accordingly!
Pam
Old 10-06-2002, 01:01 PM   #41  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

weight loss not going so well, but I'm okay with it. This is PMS week, so I crave carbs and sweets to the point where I'm ransacking the kitchen...

On the plus side, I must have walked four miles yesterday at the football game. We had to park a mile and a half from the stadium and walk because it was so crowded. And we beat Florida, best of all!

I will weigh myself later this afternoon and post it.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:35 PM   #42  
Jen

Jenniffer - I wish it were something else but frankly he is used to me looking after everything. Unfortunately I'm one of these take charge kind of people. I just can't stand back while people waffle over decisions. Of course this past year with me being off work I've been the one to look after Drake all the time while my husband did his own thing. I hate being the typical nagging wife so I don't do it. I'll ask him to do something once or twice and if he doesn't want to do it then I don't push him. He'll just get resentful. Things are better right now. Of course he'll have Drake this weekend coming up so I hope it goes well. I don't know when I'll be going into the part-time position, could be at least a month.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:24 AM   #43  

Our dailys have been real quiet. Come out, COme out whereever you are!

Jen..am thinking about you and you're hubby. It's gotta be tough. Rootin for you as always.

Jennelle..4 miles! Wow. I am going to give it my all to walk today. Bit chilly ou, but best time to do it. I know I can, I know I can. Exercise is key to my weightloss success. And I plan on being a success again.

As for me..am doing alright. Today is a good day, don't know why, lol.

Court is tonight at 6 PM. I am nervous. I am anxious. Please think of me.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Old 10-08-2002, 01:40 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

I'll be thinking about you Jenniffer! Just be strong!! I'm sure it's easier said than done.

Just thought I'd drop in and say Howdy! Nothing much going on in these neck of the woods. I got all my water down before 7am!! and walked 2 miles this morning. I've eaten 400 calories, so I'm right on target.

I've been pretty pleased w/ my weight loss so far. Of course I wish it would just melt off, but no such luck. Started a new workour program yesterday. Bought Kathy Smith's book "Lifting Weights to Lose Weight". In the book we do weights 2-3 x's a week and cardio 3 x's. I've opted to lift weights 3 times a week. I started yesterday and am feeling it today. I coughed ealier and whoa! I definitely felt it in my tummy.

I've decided to get up early and get my workout out of the way. So as of yesterday I'll be getting up 4:30 am! Aren't ya'll jealous? Yeah right!!

My "baby" girl ! Kaleigha turned 7 months today!! She's not crawling yet, but will be, before months end. Last night I looked down at her and she was on her hands and feet. Not knees! And she was looking through her legs! She's just too adorable. Can you tell I'm a proud mommy?

Lucas will be 19 months on the 20th and boy does he have a temper!! He is such a big boy. He is really starting to talk very well. I was in his way (accidentally, of course) and he says "cuse me". My heart just about melted! He's also learned "see ya" and he waves. He knows a lot of words, but these are his latest.

Cheyenne my 3 year old, is still and will always be a fire cracker. Last night after her bath, she was swinging her hair around and trying to make it "pretty". She really does have some beauiful hair. It's almost down to her bum (When we wash it, it is. It floats in the tub). She has long brownish hair that's both curly and wavy and in the sun, it has blondish highlights. Just beautiful. The down side is combing it. It's pretty thick and she loves to toss it back and forth. Last night we had to cut out a hair band, due to her silliness. Oh well. I refuse to cut it. When she's ready I'll let her make the choice.

DH is DH! Love him to death. I wish he could go to your house Jen and have a talk w/ your DH. My DH is wonderful w/ the kids. He works swing shift so that he can watch the 2 ones. Yesterday he calls me at work and asks if Cheyenne can stay home from preschool. He was telling me how they have fun and how he misses her. Basically he sees her in the morning long enough to get her ready and get her to school. By the time he gets home (after 11pm), she's already asleep. And that's the way it goes Mon-Fri. He only gets to spend time w/ her on the weekends (the lucky dog! hehe, just kidding). Dh is only 29 and has 4 kids!! # w/ me and 1 from a previous thing. My Step daughter is 9 and we get her ever othe weekend. SO needless to say weekends at our house can be very hectic!
Old 10-08-2002, 09:31 PM   #45  
Catwoman

Good luck Jennifer I certianly will be thinking of you. When I was sexually assulted a few years back I had to pick the man out of a lineup. I was shaking the whole time. The worst part was meeting two school girls he had abducted and raped for 3 days after being released on bail after being charged with my assult. I somehow felt responsible like I had made him angry or something by going to the police. All I can say is it gets easyier with time and going to court is part of the healing process. Good luck.
3 children under the age of 4? Wow Dyan you must be supermom! Babies are so exhausting I'm amazed anytime I hear of anyone having a second one! Good luck on Thursday though they often can't tell until the actual operation I think you'll have a very good chance of the keyhole surgery. The only reason my dh had to have the big operation was because his was an emergancy being infected an all, not booked like yours will be.
Jen my heart goes out to you. Babies are so much work and your working a day job?! Your hubbie needs to get with the program and grow up! No wonder women somtimes complain of having two babies - one big and one small! Reminds me of a joke I heard after having my baby. Woman says to her husband ... Honey I have to tell you there is someone else..... he's short , bald and incontinent but I love him dearly.
Closed Thread