Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 09:40 AM   #16  

You've gotten so much good advice and support ... not much I can add to that. I did relate to the part about your joint pain and not being able to climb the steps. In addition to walking (or cycling or swimming or whatever you can do), I encourage you to try some strength training, i.e., lifting light weights. I've had problems myself with doing a lot of aerobic activity, and the weight lifting has helped me get rid of the joint pain and it gives me an energy boost ... I'm now able to do more aerobics thanks to the strength. PLUS, the exercise puts me in a better frame of mind for the eating part!

Good luck ... stick around ... aren't these ladies wonderful?

Pen
255/225/150 or thereabouts
Old 09-12-2002, 01:26 AM   #17  
DNW

Oraki:

Honey you'll be fine...even if the only thing you do is right on this site how you feel everyday...you're doing something different and it's change and change is progress. I have only been on the 3FC sitefor weeks and I feel hopeful and no longer alone.

You also have your youth going for yo. Women don't start losing muscle until after 30 and that's when it starts to get a bit more difficult to lose. I am 53 and in menopause and the fat is as hard and hard to lose as cement but I won't give up because I look at everyone's post and gain inspiration.

Don't be so hard on yourself...it's the most difficult thing in the world to change the way you eat, there are over 20,000 people who post to 3FC site to back that up!!

Also getting a therapist who's specialty is in eating disorders is helpful...it's really not about the food in the long run...I have found someone wonderful...she's never had a weight problem but she has a lot of experience in the field.

You will succeed in spite of yourself and pray for the strength to accept the little successes, like reaching out to others finally..good, good, good for you!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread