Old 03-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #1  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Arrow My first 4 weeks - (in reflection)

So, I started my new lifestyle 4 weeks ago today, actually this very minute 4 weeks ago - on March 1st.

I am not sure what made me walk out that door on that March 1st and decide that I will walk daily - rain, sleet, (and even snow, in Austin, Tx - crazy) period. And, so far I have.

Moving and realizing I can walk farther and farther has been great. I even jogged to the end of my street this morning then did my normal 1.5 mile walk.

I have been eating proper foods and haven't cheated. WE went to a birthday party on Saturday, wow that scared me a bit, my husband had a piece of cake and I had one small bite of his and that was it. I have worked too dang hard all month to blow it now.

I am down 7 lbs total for my first 4 weeks and 3,5 inches down in my waist area. I think today I will do more measuring and then be able to check in a month to see where I am.

I did think I would have lost more weight, but I guess 7 lbs down is better than being 7 lbs UP.

I can tell I have lost inches, my clothes are very loose. I had jeans on the other day and showed my husband how I could pull them straight down without unzipping or buttoning them heehee. (I love how he just raises one eyebrow at me when I do stuff like that). hahaha

So a very small part of me thinks, why am I bothering, I will never loose the weight a very much larger part of me thing I really can do this.

One this I need to do is DRINK MORE WATER. ugh!

Thanks for all of the support and awesome knowledge ya'll share.

Here's to another 4 weeks!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/241/145

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for your reflections, Summerblue... you and I have similar start weights and start times. Keep at it! What you're doing is obviously making a difference. If you lose 7 lbs each month for a year, you'll have lost 84 lbs!!!
graceandbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #3  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

You know, for me, it was small steps. Just do it one day, then the day became a week, then a month, etc. I think you've done wonderfully, and you have a great attitude. 7 lbs DOWN is way better than 7 lbs up. Congrats on your first month
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #4  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Grace............yes, 84 lbs is a lot and great way to think about it!

WE CAN DO THIS!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #5  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Good job, and keep it up! I have to admit, I'm another who has a hard time if I think in terms of how many pounds I have to lose, or even how many I COULD lose - like many of us, I tend more to "okay, I'm 224.2. Just think, 5 pounds and I'm in the two teens. Awesome! I can do five pounds!"

7 pounds is great - and 7 pounds that you're not schlepping around with you everywhere you go. How cool is that?
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #6  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Woot Woot.. congrats!! 7 lbs is awsome!!!! your loosing it at the right pace! should be .5 to 1.5 pounds a week! keep going! and a big wow to just having one bite of the cake just think of how the old you would have reacted
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #7  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

OH THAT'S REALLY GREAT!!!!!! I've always heard the first 26 days are the hardest, and you made it! So getting out and walking is probably a habit for you now, and that is really, really good!!! I have the same problem you do, looking at that dreaded scale and thinking "erg...I should have lost more weight!" It's like you said though, 7 lbs down is a heck of a lot better that a 7 lb gain, just think, if you loose that much for for 4 months straight, you'll be down almost 30lbs, and you'll see a huge diff.!!!

About the water, I can't stand drinking water either, it is a big turn off for me! I have discovered those Crystal Light packets, they have like 0-5 cals and really give water a good flavor. I like the tropical punch and peach tea flavors. They have a huge variety of flavors tho! You just open the packet, dump it in your water, and shake! I even carry a few packets in my purse so I can add them to my water if I'm out and about!

Keep up the good work, you sound like you are doing great!! You'll reach your goals in no time!!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I think maybe you only (ha, only!) lost seven pounds because you added exercise right away. That's the healthiest way to do it! But it also makes the weight come off a tad slower as you retain water for muscle repair and constantly change the make-up of your body. So I think seven pounds is AWESOME and spot on!

You have a great attitude! I know this month has probably been a long one. Soon, the months will start to fly by as this becomes second nature.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #9  
Starting again.

S/C/G: 263/217/145

Height: 5' 7"

Walking each day is great! I started the same way in December and the best part for me at the end of the month was how I felt physically. I just felt so much better. Also, 7 pounds is great! That is a healthy pace to be on.

Congratulations on your success so far!
Stace is offline   Reply With Quote