Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #16  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

OH and SAEF - where I live here in Austin, Tx - EVERYONE well 90% of the people are in shape and the marathon, triathalon types. I think Austin is one of the most FIT cities in America. Fitness and Organic are a staple here.

I am glad I am on their bandwagon now...... ;0
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #17  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm looking forward to summer! Bring on the hiking and biking and dipnetting! I really don't care if I'm the fattest person on the trail because I know all the muscle and the wind is there! I worked very hard this winter to be ready, and I'm just frothing with impatience.

I'm probably even more impatient for that time very soon I shall have to go into deepest, darkest house storage and pull out my bins of "small" (under size 18) clothes... it's such a nice change.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #18  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I think I am ready for summer. I really want to get some new better fitting clothes. Are you gals buying new or second hand items? I am debating because if I spend a bunch on new clothes, they will hopefully be too big next year as well. I might get some new shirts and a few used pairs of shorts and capris. Has anyone noticed that their shoe size has dropped as well? I think I can get away with an 8 wide in place of a hard to find 8 1/2 wide now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSharing83 View Post
I do not feel ready... I am still pretty big and I have bad skin (pale, keratosis pilaris, stretch marks, etc) so I like winter when I can cover up as much as possible.
I understand how you feel. The stretch marks and keratosis can be a let down and I used to stress over it too. I finally decided to buy a sleeveless shirt in spite of it. I figured if someone doesn't like my red arms they don't have to look at them Congrats on the smaller capris. Things like that can be really inspirational for weight loss. I tried on my shorts from last year and they are too big. It was a great feeling
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #19  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I am wondering if I will be more comfortable this summer. It is so hot here in SC and I am usually miserable. I hope that I have lost enough weight to feel a difference.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #20  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

This is such a great thread...I'll plan so that next year I'll be in the same place as so many of you, but right now I'm dreading summer with every ounce of my being...I've moved from the northeast/mid-atlantic to the South (Nashville) and am terrified of the summer weather. I'm going to miss my comfortable walks outside...hopefully next year I'll be ready to take on the heat and walk/run outside.

(Oh yes and look much better in summer clothing )

you guys are all motivational.
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I may have to revise my earlier post - I got an email from LandsEnd with 25% off today plus free shipping, so I might have to do a little bit of shopping tonight!! I'm trying to encourage my mom to lose weight, we are about the same size right now, but I know I am losing more quickly plus plan to go lower as a goal than she will, so I've justified my one new clothing purchase of some new jeans with the idea that I can give them to her when they get too big on me and if I do get a new bathing suit, that might work for her next year.

Otherwise, to answer sweetnlow, aside from some new bras, I'm pretty much just shopping in my closet for now! Once I get too small for everything, which will be when I'm in a 14, I will probably do a combo of thrift shops and trying to find clearance/cheap stuff at Marshalls, Ross, etc. and get just enough to tide me through until I get to goal. But something like a bathing suit and bras are things I will buy new so I have a proper size - the girls need the support!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote