Old 03-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #16  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Salsa, you definitely have a lot on your plate! You've gotten a lot of good advice already so I'll just add one small thing. When life becomes overwhelming or very stressful for me, I find that the only thing I can control is my eating and exercise. It can be very empowering. It really helped me to lose my weight during a difficult time and helps me to maintain each and every day.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You do sound like a busy gal!

But one thing's got nothing to with another. It has to come to be, that for you to not eat healthy and exercise is simply not an option. That no matter what is going on in your life, that your commitment to good health is NOT the one thing that's going to fall through the cracks. Ever. If you start making exceptions for this, than it gets easier to make exceptions for that.

If it's a health minded person that you want to be, than you have to BE it - all the time.

Now that I've got a handle on my weight, on my eating, I can't begin to tell you just how much more productive I am. It is mind boggling to me. Your energy level will soar. You must realize that any time spend adhering to a healthy lifestyle is time VERY WELL SPENT.

And I agree with the planning. This lifestyle won't happen on it's own. It's got to be thought through and planned out in advance. As with any thing that really, really matters, it takes a conscientious effort and some advanced planning.

Realize that this is worthy of the time and give it the respect it so rightly deserves. And that you deserve.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #18  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Oh Boy...I so needed to visit this topic. I have been thinking about various projects all winter, and now they all seem to be "exploding" at the same time. This is scaring me because it looks like 80 or more hours a week, and I won't be able to work out a schedule untill the dust settles. Also, I am really excited, so I am not sleeping well...and that always makes me hungry the next day. Thank you, Salsa for bringing this up. And thanks to those who have offered advice.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote