Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #31  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
I also remember MY why!! Why did I start this journey in the first place. It's important to know WHY and if the why was important enough to start and be serious enough to make progress then it's important enough to help you finish the journey.
lol you sound just like me I'm always going on about my "why"

This is my number one way to stay focused.

As far as trigger foods are concerned they are banned from my home. No good will come of them being here...why put yourself through that?
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I also never buy trigger foods. I also avoid buying anything that is too "snacky"...chips, chex mix, whatever. its not filling for me, just empty calories. So I'll eat whatever and then want to eat other things afterward.

When I feel snacky, I try and do something before I eat. Sort laundry, take a walk, post here...something to make me really think about my stomach and hunger. If I'm still hungry, I'll have something sensible.

I also try really hard to make my plan fit my life. I eat smaller breakfasts because I rarely eat before 10am and then I have lunch at 12:30. However, I need a meal later in the evening because I'm often up until two or three am. This keeps me on plan because I have meals set aside for the times I'm really hungry, not some arbitrary time I feel I should be eating
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #33  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I go look at regular clothing store clothes either at the store or on the web. I say won't I look cute in something like that.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Yes, planning. Should have mentioned that early.

I plan my meals/snacks AHEAD of time. I have it ready and good to go. When it comes to making my food choices, it's already been done for me in advance. Makes it much less likely to make poor choices and veer off plan. That planning occurs daily - and it helps to keep me focused and if some reason I should lose focus - it doesn't matter. IT DOESN'T MATTER. Because I KNOW what I'm eating. I've already figured it out. The thinking's been done when I'm reasonable and rational.
Robin - I totally agree about planning. For me, planning is very freeing. You don't have to think about it once it's planned. Thoughts of what to eat next stop 'spinning' in your head.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #35  
Live for life and enjoy

S/C/G: 189/cw 187/goal weight 135

Height: 5'6

Default I think

I think about how good Im going to look and feel
latinhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

I went out today and bought a ton of my favorite non-trigger foods. I have so much healthy food now and I am pretty happy about that.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote