Old 03-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning!

I had a very good evening yesterday with hubby since we both had the night off. He made shrimp cocktails for appetizers, and then we had ravioli, right out-of-the-oven homemade 1 point breadsticks, and salad. It was so wonderful to feel in control even in that situation. I thoroughly enjoyed myself AND didn't feel guilty afterwards. That's a new experience...we used to REALLY enjoy our food but we would eat and eat and eat until we felt stuffed, and then the guilt would set in for me. I'm really liking this new way of life. My mind is more sane.

beverlyjoy - YAY for 4 sticks of butter gone! CONGRATS on reaching that mini-goal You are incredible!

dgramie - So sorry to hear that you are having problems. I know this won't stand in your way of weight loss though...nothing can!

mj - Have fun at Zumba...let us know how it goes. I am trying to build up the courage to attend a class at the gym, so I will look forward to seeing how you like Zumba (that is offered where I workout). Enjoy!

slash - That is hilarious about the instructor! I'm glad they didn't put up with the rude chattering...

soulnik - Any more news about THE boyfriend?

Trazey - How did the day turn out?

Today:
b - apple, cereal, coconut milk - 5
s - yogurt, granola, walnuts, banana - 8
l - quinoa salad wrap - 5
s - orange - 1
d - taco salad - 8
s - whole grain cookies - 2

Exercise: 60 minute cardio at gym
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

dgramie--Hope you are feeling better! I know you won't let it derail you!

brandi--mmm, your dinner sounds yummy!

Zumba was awesome!!!! It was SO much fun! The hour flew by! The very first thing the instructor said was not to worry about keeping up w/ the steps, just keep moving!!! That made me feel better right from the start. I could have done without the GIANT wall mirror, but that's ok. We are going to look into a weekly class.

The funny thing is, the two girls I went with were from the "popular" crowd when we were all in high school (which was MANY years ago)....at one point, I couldn't help but chuckle though about the fact that "back in the day" I NEVER would have thought I would be hanging out w/ them now (I was NOT in the popular crowd...I had lots of friends, but not the 'in crowd')...I don't know, it just struck me as funny. Maybe because I have been talking to one of my nieces about how unimportant all of the HS drama will seem someday (she is 17 and right in the middle of LOTS of HS drama!)

Have a great OP day everyone! No gym for me today, but I will go tomorrow.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi MJ - We were posting at the same time (just about). I hope you are doing well. Zumba sounds awesome.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:22 AM   #19  

Hi chickies-

Yesterday was a healthy day with food and life. I am grateful for the willingness to keep trying. My pieces and parts are improving - I am very grateful for that. I've been able to do some strengthening and gentle stretching more each day. It was my last day performing at the school in a small town about 40 miles from where I live. One of the teachers helped me bring out my stuff and put it in the car. It's humbling to ask for help - but, better than not being able to work.

today -
lot of water
stretching and strengthening
no seconds, fork down between bites, seat when seated only
mindful slow eating
enjoy and taste the food
leave a bite on the plate
make plan - log food

breakfast - 1/2 banana, cinn. english muffin, almond butter
lunch - lite cheese, lettuce, tomato, lite mayo wrap, red pepper strips, lite veggie dip
snack - cereal, milk, yogurt
dinner - 'creamed' tuna and peas, salad , evoo, balsamic vinegar
snack - sf cocoa, rice cakes with laughing cow cheese.

MJ - hi again. A friend of mine who has lost 100 pounds became a zumba instructor and even goes to conferences. Folks are loving it!! I love you are hanging with folks you didn't back in high school. So glad that high school BS is long gone!!!

brandijune - so glad you enjoyed a healthy lovely dinner with DH. And- NO GUILT is so, so awesome . Hold on to that wonderful feeling.

dgramie - hope you are feeling better!

Trazey - Hi...so glad you posted!

Soulnic - sounds nice to talk to old bf - even better on your terms. GReat food plan...yum.

slash - good for that instructor telling those ladies to stop talking! Evening is a hard time. Pull out your distractions list and try to push through.

Have a great healthy day! Shout out to anyone who stops by.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-11-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #20  

Hey Chicas,

I think I missed yesterday. Hmmm. This will be a long one to catch up. Yesterday was a good food day. I went R & B line dancing with my aunt for exercise. Lots of fun but I have a muscle spasm in my left shoulder that’s got me in a fair bit of pain. There always seems to be something doesn’t there? I’ve been unusually tired lately so I’m looking forward to resting this weekend.

The old BF.... I had a full day when I thought it might be nice to...ya know...with him again. But then we had a 2 hour conversation the other night. It was very polite and academic. He’s a filmmaker. I’m a writer and actress. We talked about art. Nothing too personal. But now I know I definitely don’t want anything to happen between us and I’m not even sure we could be friends. During the conversation I remembered some of the things I didn’t like about him in the first place. LOL. But it was still nice to talk to him.

I haven’t heard from the people in Florida about the job in a week. They invited me to go there for Easter. I’m not sure if I should call them and ask about it or wait til they call me. I’m also not sure if I should ask them about salary before I go down to visit or after. It feels a little like dating. I feel like I should let them pursue me. Like if I play hard to get they’ll come with a better offer. I don’t know. Thoughts?

@brandijune44 – I understand your feelings about reaching goals. I used to reward myself with food. Now I’m not sure how to get the same sense of reward from other things. Plus, I get a little scared when I see the success. Like, “OMG! It’s really happening!” Your dinner sounds yummy!

@Slashnl – The chicks in your class must not have been working very hard if they could talk and spin! I have a hard time with evenings too. I think it’s because I don’t have the schedule and distraction of work.

@Beverlyjoy – I love that you equate your pound numbers with sticks of butter! I’m so using that! Glad your programs went well.

@dgramie – Ugh. I’ve been there with my GERD. It’s not fun. Hope you feel better!

@mj5 – Glad you enjoyed Zumba! It rocks! Isn’t it funny how all that HS stuff just comes full circle?

Food for the day (I have to get better with my fruit.):
Morning
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5
1 large banana(s) 2

Midday
1 pouch(es) Right bites mini fudge stripes 2
1 pouch(es) Right bites sandies shortbread 2
Chef Salad 1-31-10 7

Evening
lean cuisine 6
pretzels 2

Anytime
2 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 4
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

IBS is still acting up but better than a few days ago. Just got to watch what I eat. Yesterday was a POP day and it was full of exercise.
food for today
coffee, cottage cheese and fruit
lunch - chicken salad again...getting tired of it
dinner- pancake with bacon and egg. I may skip the pancake and just have bacon and eggs.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning!

I'm super busy this morning but wanted to drop by and say "hi" and that I might not be here in a couple of days. Hubby is getting his wisdom teeth pulled this afternoon so I will likely be at home tomorrow...so hope you all have a GREAT weekend!

Today:
b - apple, cereal, coconut milk - 5
s - yogurt, granola, walnuts, banana - 8
l - spinach salmon wrap, TJs crunchies - 8
s - orange - 1
d - not quite sure depending on hubby's surgery (probably a salad of some kind) - 8

Exercise: probably a day off
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:02 AM   #23  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! My knee is a little sore this am, so I am taking care of it (ibuprofen and ice). It is going to be another nice day, so my exercise will be a nice walk with the dogs later.

Beverlyjoy--Awww, my very own post, I feel so special! Keep it up, you are doing excellent! Exactly, better to ask for help than to not be able to work...think about all of those kids who would be missing out on your talents!!!! That is awesome about your friend. Yea, it is really fun re-connecting w/ people. Take care of your pieces/parts today and I will do the same!

soulnik--Ooh, how's your shoulder? the dancing sounds super fun!! I'm right there w/ you..I have been SO tired, kinda looking forward to a low key weekend. Sounds like a good conversation w/ the old BF. Better to know. Hmmm, as for the job, it really is kinda like dating! LOL! I would def. call and ask about Easter. Maybe wait and ask about the details of the job...it might come up naturally while you are there, if not, maybe after you get back, that way there won't be any weirdness? Does that make sense?

dgramie--So glad you are feeling a bit better. Congrats for a POP day!!!

brandi--glad you could pop in. Poor hubby!!! Hope he is feeling ok!

Not really any plans this weekend. I am going to hang out at my gm's and visit w/ her and my mom on Saturday for a bit and do some minor cleaning at home, but nothing else planned. I have my book for the book club that I would like to get reading and well, once I get lost in a book.....that's it for me! LOL!!! I love to read and I need to make sure I am making time for myself to read.

We are going to order take out for lunch at work, but I get to pick the place so I can easily plan my order.

Funny story, well, not super funny, but we've all been there....last weekend hubby really wanted KFC (I am NOT a fan so I had something else for dinner). So, he ate KFC for dinner. Well, after eating healthier for so long let's just say it didn't sit well.....he made me promise to NEVER bring home KFC again, even if he asks for it.

Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #24  

Good morning chicks! Yesterday was a healthy day, food wise. I am grateful. However, I did not drink enough water and ate way too fast. I need to concentrate on thinking more about taste and time.

Back improving some - foot/ankle very sore. I sound like I could do a commercial for Aleve. I'll be kind to my pieces and parts this weekend. I am trying to wait until September for my foot/ankle surgery.

today my menu:
breakfast - 1/2 ww English Muffin, Boca bacon, almond butter, blueberries
lunch - leftover 'creamed tuna and peas', veggies
snack - fiber bar, cheese
dinner - russian cabbage & beef soup, lite sour cream, garlic toast
snack - fiber one, 1/2 banana, milk

I hope everyone has a GREAT day. I'll try to get back later for personals.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-12-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #25  

Hey Chicas,

Just a quick one this morning. I came in late. Had an audition for a TV SHOW this morning! It would be a guest spot on a new TV show...some legal drama, I think. The audition went well. I didn't let myself get too nervous and fudge it up. I only misspoke one line but we'll see. Whether I get it or not it was just nice to get back out there and audition for something!

Anywho. Bosses are here. Gotta go! Have a good day!!!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #26  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY....2nd week on plan

brandijune44 - coconut milk...sounds good

Today for me:
b - Special K cereal; non-fat milk
L - Yummy salad (you know the kind, with
tons of vege's that takes forever to make LOL)
S - Tangelo (i love them so much!)
D - Chicken Fajitas

I spent about 5 minutes trying to talk myself OUT of walking this morning.....then again, remembered that I have lost weight and walked 1.3 miles

Stopped by a friends house last night with my husband and she had just made RICE CRISPY TREATS.....go ahead and ask me if I had one........NOPE. Just a hot cup of tea

I hope to bike ride tomorrow - but I"m so wobbly!

Thanks for listening to me ramble - I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #27  

Hi chickies!! Yesterday I stayed with my food plan - I am always so grateful for that! I ate fast again...hmmm. I've got to be more mindful.

Today DH and I are hanging out at home. I will work on the taxes again. Ugh. I'll be icing and heating my various pieces and parts.

eat slowly, mindfully, tasting the food
plan food and log food
no seconds, fork down between bites, eat seated
try to feel fullness and be able to identify it
stretches and strengthening (done!)
lots of water

breakfast - cinn. English Muffin, almond butter, clementine
lunch - egg sandwich with lite cheese, lite mayo, beets and lite sour cream
snack - fiber one, milk, blueberries
dinner - cabbage/beef soup, lite sour cream on top, garlic toast
snack - cherrios, milk, 1/2 banana

summerblue - two weeks on plan is GREAT...carry on. Kudo's for passing up the rice crispy treat. Everytime you pass something up unplanned it strengthens your reserve for the next time!

soulnic - glad your audition went well - I am terrible at auditions. Good luck.

mj - take care of that knee!! Between your knee and my foot and back - maybe together we make one person with good 'parts'.

brandijune - hope you are having a good weekend! Hope dh gets through his oral surgery well. <------you taking care of dh

dgrammie - glad you are feeling better. What's POP?

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-13-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #28  

POP=perfectly on plan day!

My dr wants me to try eating 5 mini meals a day. Each is suppost to be about 300 calories.He thinks it will keep my digestive track moving better and also as a bonus aid in weight loss. I asked him for suggestions and he said the basics...a lean meat just a few ounces, a veggie or salad and a small carb, like a half baked pot or a banana half. Im grocery shopping today and staring tomorrow.I am going to try and plan for the whole week. Im going to have to come up with some fast things to grab with kids here. Anyone got any suggestions?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:01 AM   #29  

Hi chicks...

Yesterday I stayed in my calorie range - I changed dinner because dh didn't want what I planned. But - I stayed in my calorie range. I wrote the change in my journal - so, I feel like I was still OP. I did all my 'stuff'...exercise, water, writing down food etc.I am always grateful for that.

I am little weary of my aches and pains. I broke my own rule this week - 'if I think doing something will aggravate my pieces and parts....don't do it.' I did much too much walking on Tuesday and my ankle/foot is hurting. Sometimes I get so tired of it. BUT - I know what I must do...rest it and ice it and should calm down. Rant is over.

Today is paper work and taxes.

stretches and strengthening
lots of water
plan and log food
no seconds, eat while seated, fork down between bites
slow, mindful, eating - tasting and enjoy the food
remind myself why
try to feel fullness
leave a bite of food on plate

breakfast - English Muffin, almond butter, clementine
lunch - egg white scramble with turkey pepperoni and lite cheese, toast, red pepper strips
snack - fiber bar, blueberries
dinner - cabbage/beef soup, garlic toast
snack - cereal, 1/2 banana, s.milk

Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-14-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #30  

I added 2 eggwhites to my oatmeal this morning.I was amazed it was good and kinda changed the texture a bit. I will be doing that again.
For lunch Im making a fish fillet and some brussel sprouts. Hubby is eating a sandwich. Looks like its time to cook for myself a few days.
Im going to do some deep cleaning in my dining room today. I am so ready to be rid of some clutter!!! Just did the dreaded chore of filling fafsa for our daughter...dont know why I dread it so bad.