Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 10:24 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default major slip

I really need all your support right now!

I have been giving my self so many excuses to eat what ever I want for the past 5 days.. and I mean I've been eating like it's cool!

My step sons are here till Saturday - one more day - I've really been having a tough time with all the changes.. I know I'm up for a gain.. maybe a big gain.. I really don't want that .. but I continue to eat.

How did I have so much control such a short time ago and now I'm acting like as if I was never dieting?????

help! I really need that kick in the *** - you know the one that I've had coming to me for all the ones I've been giving out.

Dana
Old 08-22-2002, 11:15 PM   #2  

Dana let me be the first to welcome you to the real world..........I guarantee you that there is not one of us on this board who has not done the same thing as you are doing right now.

You remind me a lot of ME. I was doing sooooooooooo well for soooooooooo long and then....oops a slide. It is so weird that we can just slip back into our old eating habits so easily.

You have company, your stepsons, so it was just the right circumstances for you to "lose control." temporarily. So give yourself till they leave and then hop right back on your healthy food journey. YOU CAN DO IT. And once you do you will realize that you can come back from a slip or even a slide. Think you told another poster on here that no one is perfect. Well Dana that includes you.

Now bend over please so I can give you a kick....

Try not to beat yourself up.

Take care.
Old 08-23-2002, 05:47 AM   #3  

Hi Dana:
This is what I call release. It happens to me faithfully in October
each year! Why October (Canadian Thanksgiving) sometimes
its been so bad it's lasted to the New Year!! I get so
mad at myself.
What I do is I make a list of all the reasons I want to lose this
weight. When I feel week I just sit down and focus. I tell myself
I am not the first person to have this difficulty nor the last.
Happens to all of us!!
Old 08-23-2002, 06:17 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hello!! I'm here!! Bend over Missy!!

Isn't it just amazing how this works. I'll never understand it. But Nickolas is right, wait until the company is gone. And then get back on!! You have been doing soooo awesome. You just need a day or two of good to get you back on the strainght and narrow!!

We ALL mess up, it's starting over that sets us apart.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:05 AM   #5  

Plus, Dana, the stress of the INS thing and then the disappointment at the SS office probably came to full bloom. You can sometimes deal with something so patiently only so long.

And you don't want those INS people to be responsible for a gain. Don't give it to them.

So Sunday things should be closer to back to normal. What's been normal for you recently has been to be OP and committed to weight loss. This is not a permission slip to binge Friday and Saturday. Just a reminder of what you always tell others and that those will be your Off Plan days.

Do something great with all the kids today and have fun.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:14 AM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Dana, I've had the same problem. I've only been able to keep up with my points by eating nothing or salad for dinner or exercising like mad. Yesterday was really bad, I'd have to ride my bike for a few hours to make up for what I ate yesterday.

I think what we need is a day where we eat whatever we want. Pick a day and say this is my day to eat cookies and cheeseburgers and ice cream and the other 6 days of the week I will stick to my eating plan. That way when you feel like you are going to get out of control during the week you can say to yourself, ok just wait til that day and I'll eat myself silly. Likely you won't but maybe we need that day as a release from the regementation we are putting ourself under. Just a thought.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:33 AM   #7  

I agree. Welcome to the real world. We will never be able to understand why we feel so strong and determined one day and then a short time after that, we are out of cntrol and not even giving one thought to what we put in our mouths.

So, with that said. Go over what you did in the past. Go over your success. And get to going foward.

It's hard. And it's going to get harder. Take a deep breathe and remind yourself of what you want.

Old 08-23-2002, 10:13 AM   #8  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Not only welcome to the reeal world, but welcome to my immediate world...lol... this is where I've been, disgusted with myself, "dieting" everything weightloss themed... eating whatever I can get my hands on... oi, been a mess... but, day by day, I get a little better, make better choices... today, I could have chose to sleep all day, and eat junk, and drink iced tea until my eyes spun, but for the first time in a long time, I got my workout out of the way early (4:30 am to be exact) have drsank half of my water already...and am wel on my way to haveing a real, honest to goodness OP day... if you're not strong enough to do it today, try again tomorrow, change one choice, eventually, it wwill all come together
Old 08-23-2002, 10:23 AM   #9  

All the people here have said it so well... I don't have much to add! Other than I've been exactly where you are! One minute I feel like I finally have food under control, and the next I feel I have lost all control!

But we can do this! PNG is right... Change just one choice and it will all come together (thanks for that PNG! Exactly what I needed to hear!).

Don't beat yourself up, Dana. Start moving forward from this day on. You're a strong woman & I know you can do this!

Now, for that kick in the ***.... ready?!
Old 08-23-2002, 06:48 PM   #10  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

thanks guys!! I needed that! However, my butt is really sore now!

Thanks for the reminder about baby steps.. I found that if I couldn't get all 3 points I was a failure - so today I worked on food only. (actually the water was easy today) I skipped the exercise !

I ordered the family pizza tonight - I had a ww meal

One day at a time - right ?
Old 08-23-2002, 08:45 PM   #11  
hot mom wanna be!

Hey Slimdown-
I think I am the one Nikolas was refering to. You told me a while back that it is too hard to be perfect and it's true. I would be perfect for only so long and then blam full fledge binge would happen!! I have given up on trying to be perfect and instead try my best each day and forget the past cause its gone anyway!
I guarantee in a week or so you will be back to where you were before. Most of the weight gain on a slide are due to water retention. You eat more food with sodium "junk food" and start retaining like crazy.

I am glad to see you are back on track. dont let those step sons get you like this next time-plan ahead for the stressful times!

laura
Old 08-23-2002, 09:44 PM   #12  
Old Cackler

ok. that's enough peace love and alfalfa sprouts.

now dana. what's going on????? yep. you're under a lot of stress. and you've done well. but it also sounds as if the stepsons being around are an issue in some way. of course you love them and are glad to see them, but your family wouldn't be normal if there weren't some family dynamic stuff that's contributing to your stress.

so, be kind to yourself. look around at what's going on and how you're feeling about it. and how you're reacting. and work on a plan.

and no matter what, your life will be back to normal soon, and then you can just drop whatever you've gained.

and keep us posted. please???
Closed Thread