Old 01-25-2010, 06:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, Menu, Exercise, etc - week of Jan. 25

Are you looking for a place to put your daily menu, exercise, accountability, a little chat, etc....Please join in.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-25-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #2  

Hi Chicks - yesterday was a really good on plan day. I am very grateful. I mostly did all the things I wanted to include in my day. My cold is improving - I still can't taste anything. It's very strange. DH brought home some dark chocolate and was very surprised when I didn't want even a nibble. I told him that if I can't taste it - I don't really want it...hmmm. My foot is not as sore as it was on Saturday.

- lots of water
- stretches and strengthening
- working on learning about the difference between hunger, cravings and desire
- log food and time taken to eat meals and snacks
- no seconds
- fork down between bites
- no eating while standing
- meditation - done!

breakfast - 1 english muffin with 2 t. npnb, clementine
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich, veggies and 1 T lite dip
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - salmon, potatoe, butter spray, salad
snack - cereal, milk, 1/2 banana

I hope you all have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-25-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #3  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Two full on-plan days down! I am using my Daily Plate account, tracked literally every morsel, got out in the fresh air for activity (I cringe at exercise!) drank lots of H20, am switching green tea for coffee. I woke up excited to hop on the scale to see if my "experiment" was working and I've lost 2 lbs. I wish the 2lbs lbs per 2 days continued but I know that's not realistic. I've adjusted my ticker to reflect the loss and plan to have my official weigh day Monday.

I let my 9 year old son know we are adopting a more active lifestyle which includeds Wii bowling, boxing, golf and some MarioKart just for fun...(Wii really helps sell that kind of change to kids!)walking, playing in the park, dancing to music on the radio and a healthier lifestyle when it comes to eating too. He's excited to get started. Luckily both my kids are great eaters and don't mind trying new stuff. My 19 year old is off to college, lives with her boyfriend so I don't have to worry about selling a plan to her.

My son told me out of the blue last night when I kissed him goodnight, "Mom, you look healthier already!" Bless his little heart! He's such a lover and a great cheerleader!

Today, I've planned out my meals and activity, have packed a bag with lunch, snacks and green tea bags for work. I have a snack specifically planned for the 3pm hour to stave off the famished crazy eating that happens when I get home if I don't plan ahead. Here's to hoping no friendly soul brings treats to work! I find it hard to pass up the goodies which are layed out on a table near the copier.

Heres to my friends here for an in control, on plan week! And an extra heap of love and support in advance to anyone who might struggle! *HUG*

Last edited by Michelle98272; 01-25-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I did well yesterday! YIPPEE!!!

Beverlyjoy--Hope that cold goes away soon! SO glad your foot feels better!

Michelle--Sounds like a great plan!!! Great job on the loss too!

I did not hop on the scale this am....TOM is here, so it would be a totally inacurate #. My knee feels better today. I am going to keep icing it at night, it certainly seems to help!

Today I HAVE to focus on my annual report. I HAVE to e-mail my first draft to my supervisor by the end of the day....so no more procrastinating!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I didn't get to go to the gym this morning because I had to take my son and his science project to school. I feel a little tired, and I think a lot of that is because I didn't work out. Oh well. I'll get it tomorrow.

MJ - I'm with you on not weighing in today and for the same reason. I can tell it will not be good, so I'm skipping it.

Michelle - I understand the trouble with having treats at work. We have stuff here a lot too. Just tell yourself that someone with dirty hands touched them all or sneezed on them. Kinda sick, but it works for me!

Beverly - Glad you're getting better!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good Morning Everyone!

I had a pretty good weekend...and it looks like you all did too! Way to go Yesterday I was able to make it to the gym and get 50 minutes of elliptical and biking in even when my husband stayed home, watched football and drank beer. It was very appealing to stay with him, but I resisted. YAY Brandi!

Here is what my day looks like:

B -
Apple 1
High Fiber cereal 2
Lite Coconut milk 1

S -
Brown Cow Yogurt 3

L -
Ravioli - 4
Breadstick - 1.5

S -
Orange - 1

D -
Chicken Torta - 8

S - Trader Joes Cookies - 2

Total - 23.5 points

Exercise - walk to Weight Watchers meeting (wish me good luck!)

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #7  

Hey Chickas!

I had an interesting weekend. Weighed myself on Saturday and was down 5 lbs! Ate a WHOLE bag of kettle corn Saturday and Sunday and on Monday was up a WHOLE pound. That'll teach me.

Worked out with Wii Active this morning and planning to walk the mall this evening. Need to drink lots of water because I know I'm retaining.

Here's the food plan for the day (and I WILL get my kettle corn usage under control):
Morning
1 serving(s) Jimmy dean D lights bagel sandwich 5
1 medium banana(s) 1.5

Midday
lean cusine - Quick-added food 6
1/2 cup(s) mixed vegetables 0

Evening
2 small tortilla, flour, fat-free 1
1/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream 1
1/2 cup(s) mixed vegetables 0
1 Fajita mix 4

Snacks/Deserts
3 small clementine 1
1 bar(s) Peanut butter cookie 3
1 large apple(s) 2
2 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 5

@Beverlyjoy - Nice with the chocolate. I have to say, I would have eaten it anyway.

@Michelle98272 - Your son is a darling! I love Wii for working out. I have Wii Active which is like having a personal trainer!

@mj5 - I avoid the scale TOM too. Why torture yourself? Good luck on your report!

@Slashnl - Hope your energy level picks up!

@brandijune44 - Go Brandi! Working out when you could have vegged! Good luck at your WW meeting tonight!!!

Have a good day chickas!!!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends!

Today is on-plan day #1 again. This time, I'm not worrying about calorie counts. Yep, I'm being a rebel! My goals for this week are to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks each day, take my vitamins, drink 4 glasses of water and walk for at least 30 minutes. And, I'm eating healthy foods. No junk. No white refined foods. No added HFCS and sugar.

Beverly - so glad to hear that you foot is less sore today and your cold is better. Although, not being able to eat sounds like a great symptom for a few days.
Michelle- Your enthusiasm is contagious!
MJ - Glad to hear that the knee is less sore. Hope the report goes smoothly.
Diane - I can't wait for the day when I say that I feel more tired from missing a workout!
Brandi - Congrats on choosing workout instead of beer and the game!
Soul - Hope that water weight wooshes away.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #9  

Hi chicks! Yesterday was a good healthy day. I am grateful. I stayed on track and incorporated most of the things I am working on....water, fork down between bites, aware eating,...... plus I am down one more pound from last week. (that's 8 pounds down since right before New Years)

for today
breakfast - egg white scramble with cheese, mushrooms and turkeky pepperoni, toast and butter spray, clementine
lunch - mashed cauliflower with cheese, crackers, red peppers
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - 12 grain pancake, 2 boca strips, sf syrup, applesauce
snack - oatmeal, milk, 1/2 banana

Rhonda - so glad you've had a good day. You've got a good plan to getting back into healthy eating.

soul - down five is fantastic. great plan

brandi - good job on getting to the gym! Great plan.

slash - hope you can get your workout in today!

mj - yay....a good day yesterday!!

michelle - down 2 pounds is GREAT. I love what your son said.

Have a great day.

Also - I will not overeat or binge today - my usual MO on the day I weigh myself.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-26-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #10  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Today is a gym day!!! My niece started texting me at 6:15am....oh boy, I just might regret telling her! LOL!!!

Diane--Did you get to the gym this morning?

brandi--GREAT job getting to the gym!!!

soul--Great job on the loss!!!

Rhonda--Sounds like a great plan! I know yuo can do it!

Beverlyjoy--Yippee! Another good day!

I was totally OP yesterday. That makes two days in a row!!!

I need to make sure I drink lots of water today.

mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #11  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

ergh forgot my lunch bag today! emergency rations til i get home lol

br: low-sugar oatmeal - instant packet from my desk drawer, a banana from a few days ago LOL cup of coffee
Lu: chicken noodle soup from desk drawer, triscuts with lite cream cheese, apple
Snack: after that crappy lunch, i'll need something LOL cup of tea & Fibre 1 bar

Din-Din: grilled steak, baked potato with salsa, biiiiiiiiiig salad, corn on cob
sugar free jello to go crazy! wooot!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

I had a great day yesterday and stayed on my diet.I did use 5flex points to enjoy my bday cake. Just one slice was plenty!
food today
thin bun with peanut butter
fish fillet and veggies
porkchop and greens and baked potato.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #13  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Checking in! Food is... decent. I haven't been very hungry lately. I guess that's a good thing, but for the past two days I didn't eat any breakfast which I know isn't very good. I just wasn't hungry at all until like 12:30pm. And even then, I just ate "normal" size meals. Yesterday I had about 500 calories for lunch, and for dinner I ate 4 small tacos - maybe one more taco than I would normally (around 700 cal), and later had a snack. I ate maybe... 1500 cals total? I didn't finish putting in my food from yesterday yet, but I will after lunch, as I am pretty curious how much I actually ate. My goal is to exercise 1hr tonight.

Outside of weight loss... we're gearing up for a move as our lease is up March 1st and we are finally prepared (we have been saving our pennies!) to do so. We're going to look at a house on Thursday. It's our top pick, so we're hoping that we can check it out, submit our application and hopefully in a week or so we'll know if our application was approved. If not, then we have a couple other homes that we'd like to check out. Eeee!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #14  
Reluctant Adult

'Morning, gurlz,

Also checking in here... a very busy day today, catching up on errands that have gone wanting since work has been so crazy, so no personals -- but know I am thinking best thoughts for you all!!

My life has turned into a nutty drama involving too many men all at once... I'm out of practice for all this. Let's just say I had a most unexpectedly interesting weekend with my handyman, which definitely complicates the old flame's visit in February....

On the plus side, I am so over food!!! I'm having to focus on eating (who, ME???) to get enough calories in for the day. And I won't make any insufferable jokes about exercise.

I'm staying easily on plan and have nearly lost my 6 lb. "gain" from adjusting my Wii Fit balance board's feet. My ticker is still lying, but only by a pound!!

More soon.... take good, good care, all!!

Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning everyone!

I did pretty well yesterday but overate a little at dinner. Yesterday was my weigh in day at Weight Watchers and I too tend to overeat on Monday evenings. I tried to maintain a positive attitude which I was fairly successful at. I lost 1.6 pounds, which is good...but I am just used to losing more at the beginning. I feel like I am doing almost everything I can be doing (working out every day, incorporating weights, sticking to my food plan) and losing less than 2 pounds per week. What happens when I'm not perfect? I'm trying to not be anxious and just keep taking one step after the next...but it is a struggle.

soulnik - I LOVE LOVE LOVE kettle corn. I haven't incorporated it into my plan because I am afraid I can't control myself yet. Way to get back on plan!

GirlyGirlSebas - Way to get back with it and choose less processed and more whole foods. I really need to focus more on that aspect.

mj5 - How was the gym? You are so inspiring to get going that early in the morning!

dgramie - Hope you enjoyed your birthday AND the ONE slice of cake! Way to stay on track!

rakel - How exciting about the house! Moving is such a pain in the rear sometimes, but I always find it to give me a sense of a "new beginning." Hope things go smoothly for you!

Beverlyjoy - So as you can see...I so relate to your overeating on weigh in nights. I need to do better! I didn't quite go as overboard as I sometimes do but I really do need to make more of an effort. We can do it! I'm determined to get better every week!

Here is my day:

b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 4
s - Brown cow yogurt - 3
l - grilled chicken salad - 6
s - orange - 1
d - Garden burger, sandwich thin, roasted red pepper soup - 5
s - TJ's whole grain cookies - 2

Exercise: Weight lifting day/ 45 min. cardio

brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote