Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #16  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Update: did my calories for yesterday: 1847. A little more than I thought, but then I remembered that I had some Ginger Ale with dinner.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #17  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi everyone! Lots of posting going on... that's great!

Well, I made it to the gym today and was in my spin class. It was intervals and it was amazing to me what a great workout it was, considering I felt that it was easy at first. When I started pouring sweat (sorry... tmi), I realized that it was giving me a lot of benefit! It felt good to be back at the gym. The problem has been with all of the New Year's resolution people. It has been pretty darn busy. The showers have been lukewarm at best, downright cold at worst. Oh well. I can survive!!

Brandi – Keep plugging along! It’s hard to not be anxious, but gotta keep going forward.

Soulnik – Good plan with drinking water when retaining!

Rhonda – You’re getting it back. Give yourself lots of credit!!

Beverly – You are doing great with the weight loss! Yay!

MJ – Thanks for asking about the gym. I need to be accountable!! I didn’t want to go, but did it anyway.

Trazey – Hang in there with the rations!!

Dgramie – Happy Birthday!! You’re doing so well, I’m glad you could enjoy the cake!

Rakel – Good luck on getting the new house!

Raebear – Ooooo! Complications with too many men! That’s a fun new twist! Keep sharing the details!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Today is a special day...I started my journey of healthy and mindful eating 2 yrs ago today. I am down a total of 90lbs. I am glad I started. I would be so much heavier by now if I hadnt started. This is my year to get to goal!!

breakfast- thin bun with scrambled eggs
lunch - thin bun open faced with mexican chicken
dinner- fish and aspargus
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - yesterday was a good, good day. I stayed totally on plan and did not overeat - which I usually do the day I weigh myself in the morning. I am so so grateful! I did buy myself a new lipstick this morning because I did it!!

My cold is just h anging on slightly.= still coughing. I still cannot taste anything, however, and I miss that.

I have paperwork in my office to do.

today-
log food
remember why!
work on learning difference between hunger, desire, cravings
lots of water
exercises
eat only when seated
fork down between bites
aware eating - hard when you can't taste!

breakfast - grits with cheese, clementine
lunch - lean pocket, mashed caulflower with butter spray
snack - yogurt with flax , fiber bar
dinner - thai cold noodle peanut salad, red peppers
snack - rice cake with laughing cow cheese, grapes

dgramie - today is a WOW WONDERFUL AMAZING anniversay day. You rock and I /we are so, so proud of your and happy for this wonderful accomplishment.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO

slash - good for you getting to the gym...sweating is GOOD.

rakel - tracking calories is good!

brandijune - good job on the weig ht loss. You are heading in a great direction. It's a number for that moment in time.often affected by water weight and much more. You know you are following your plan and it will come off.

raebear - over food - yay! Good luck juggling all those men!

trazey- good for you having a backup lunch at work!

mj - so glad to you are having on plan days...yay! Hope you made it to the gym.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-27-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #20  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone!

rakel--Good luck w the house.

raebeaR--Go You!!! Just so you know, I am living vicariously through you so....thanks for sharing!

brandi--Congrats on the loss! It was good...unfortunately, I don't go to the gym in the am, but after work in the afternoon. I am up early thanks to my "doggie alarm clocks" LOL! They like to eat breakfast promptly at 5am....then they go back to sleep!!!!! SO not fair!

dgramie--Happy belated bday! CONGRATULATIOINS of your 2 year anniv.! Are you treating yourself today?

Diane--OMG, I know what you mean about the "new year's resolution people" You are welcome! I have my 16 y/o niece texting me to see if went, what I did....it worked yesterday!

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!!! I did make it to the gym....going tonight too! I am icing as soon as I get home, too. It is helping a lot!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #21  

Hey Chicas,

I missed yesterday. Work was insane but I managed to stay within my points and not kill anyone. Took a Zumba class last night and I'm sore. Walked 2.25 miles this morning. Working out with my Biggest Loser team this evening.

@dgramie - Happy Anniversary! 90 lbs! What an inspiration!!!

@Beverlyjoy - That is one hec of a cold! Glad you're almost out of it, though.

Here's the food for the day:
Morning
1 1/2 cup(s) Total Raisin Bran 4
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 2
1 medium banana(s) 1.5

Midday
Lean Cuisine Sweatish Meatballs 6
2 c. salad - 0

Evening
1/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream 1
2 item(s) Carb balance whole wheat tortillas - fajita size 2.5
1 Fajita mix 4

Snacks/Deserts
6 oz Blueberry nonfat 3
1 small pear(s) 1
2 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 5
2 small apple(s) 2
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning!

slashnl - Spin class! That's awesome! Thanks for the encouraging words! I needed that to begin my day today

dgramie - I can't tell you how inspiring you are! Congrats on your anniversary!

Beverlyjoy - Thanks so much for the encouragement! I hope you are feeling better and better and that pesky cold has finally gone away...

mj5 - Oh I see...I too have a choir to wake me up early in the morning. All three of my cats think it's breakfast time, and then they sleep all day! Where would we be without our animals though...haha (in bed and well-rested probably)

soulnik - Zumba! I have been considering taking a class but I am still so self-conscious and worried I might die from exhaustion. How was it? Did you like it?

raebeaR - Oh men! Sounds juicy though...haha. At least the situation is making the dieting a breeze!

Trazey34 - Way to improvise! It must be tricks like this that have contributed to your success...my mission this weekend is to buy supplies for an "emergency kit"

My day today:
b - apple, coconut milk, high fiber cereal - 4
s - yogurt - 3
l - Garden burger, thin bun, mozzerella cheese, roasted red pepper soup - 8
s - 3 ravioli (leftovers from weekend that need to be ate), orange - 3
d - baked potato, cottage cheese, brocolli - 6
s - TJs whole grain cookies - 2
TOTAL - 26 points

Exercise: 60 minutes cardio - Treadmill & Elliptical

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #23  
Reluctant Adult

'Morning, dear chicks!!

Thanks to you all for being kind about my unseemly exploits... more on this later, but first:

brandijune44, sounds like you are well on your way to success!! Your food and exercise plans look great -- keep going!!

soulnik, good onya for sticking with your plan (and not killing anyone!) through a stressful day. That's when you find out what you're made of, isn't it?

mj5, how fantastic to see you posting!! Hope we get to see more of you soon. Meantime, be proud of yourself for getting to that gym and working out!! And yes, I will do my part to give you vicarious thrills and chills (well, until someone here tells me to STFU...)!!!

Beverlyjoy, you're doing soooooo well!!! I admire the way you identify your weak areas and work on them with such deliberation. That's a hard thing to do, and I am learning from you!! Thanks for continuing to be an inspiration!!

dgramie, speaking of inspirations -- YOU are amazing!!!!! I am in awe, and we are lucky to have you with us as a guiding light down a difficult path!! A very special day, indeed. You are going to make it!!!

Slashnl, have missed your posts!! Glad to see you back with us, and sorry about the lukewarm showers... sounds challenging for sure!! Pouring sweat is exactly what we all need to be doing more of, and I will think of that today when I get my lazy rear out the door for a good hike around this place!!

rakel, good luck with the move, and try not to let the inevitable stress of that derail your great efforts!! You're doing so, so well, despite challenges. Keep it up, ladybug!!

Ok, the Men Thing (bolded for those who would prefer to skip).... yes, very hot, very juicy, very, very fun!! Both lovely, sexy, successful qualifiers -- meaning no obvious defects such as tobacco use or alcoholism... both financially independent, fit, funny, tall and have full heads of hair... oh, and did I mention there is a third on the horizon?? Nevermind; I have my hands full with the first two. The third will simply have to wait in the wings for an available, umm, opening.

Last night I was juggling call-waiting with everyone phoning in. My life feels like a sitcom. Was in the middle of a deep discussion with the Old Flame when my call waiting beeped... ordinarily I would ignore it, but I did actually wish to check in with Handyman, so I excused myself to catch the call... told Handyman I'd call him back shortly and got back to Old Flame.

Old Flame: "Was that Handyman?"

Me: "Well, yes, it was."

Old Flame: "That's it -- I'm bringing my .38 when I come to visit!!" (jokingly, formerly a peace officer and range master, so it was a light-hearted comment.. I think...)

Then proceeds to keep me on the phone until 10 p.m., when it's too late to call Handyman back....

At 10:15 p.m., the phone rings... it's Handyman....

Handyman: "Were you busy working late?"

Me: "No, I was talking to Old Flame. He will be here for a visit on the 8th."

Handyman: "Ok, I know you need to sort all this out. Just remember, I already LIVE here!!!"

My call-waiting beeps again. I can't think who is calling so late, so I ask to take it. It's Door Number Three!!

Me: "How... ummm... interesting to hear from you so late!!"

Door Number Three: "Well, I've been thinking about you a lot and I'd love to come for a visit sometime soon."

Me: "Well, we need to chat about that, but now is not a good time. Let's talk over the weekend, ok?"

Door Number Three: "Ok, I'll call you then."

Back to Handyman:

Handyman: "Who was calling so late?"

Me: "Oh, just an old friend."

Handyman: "Hoo, boy."

And so on.

But here's the thing... there are lessons here for us all.

Lesson One: Being heavy is NOT an impediment to having an active dating life!!!

Lesson Two: Being OLD is NOT an impediment to having an active dating life!!!

Lesson Three: It is possible to continue a weight loss journey while cooking sumptuous, fabulous meals for the may-uhhn(s) in your life. (This has been a HUGE lesson for me!!)

Lesson Four: There is more to life than losing weight!!

Always moving foward, chicks!!! And thanks for putting up with me!!!

Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #24  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Ok, not a lot of time today. Just wanted to say hi! I'll try to get back later, but it isn't likely. Have to work, dang it.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #25  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Not doing so good... just floundering around it seems. I'm going to try and do more strength workouts, and maybe knocking my calories down another 100 to see if that does anything. Wish me luck everyone!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks....yesterday I stayed in my calorie range. My original plan had many twists and turns - but, my calories were fine.

Today is our 32 wedding anniversary. We will go to a neat Cuban restaurant for supper. They have a great salad with chicken and grilled veggies. That should work! DH and I were married during the midwest's blizzarad of '78. (I still have the paper with the headline "Blizzard of the Century") Everything was wrong and horrible - no one came, different food, flowers, couldn't go on honeymoon.( I cried for a long time - now I can laugh about it - it's actually a hilarious story now) So glad the marriage has been better than the wedding!

My headcold has improved, but I have an earache...so, it's back to the doctor again. ugh.

lots of water
fork down between bites
work on realizing difference between hunger, desire and craving
aware eating
eat only when seated
stretches, recumbent bike (done!)

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, clementine
lunch - egg white scramble with mushrooms, cheese and turkey pepperoni, toast, mashed cauliflower
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - cuban salad with chicken
snack - rice cakes and laughing cow cheese

rakel - good luck...hang in there!

slash - hope all is well, busy lady.

raebear - all this 'men juggling' - good for you. Enjoy.

brandijune - great plan....60 minutes of cardio is awesome!

soulnik - good for you...getting in the zumba class after a crazy day at work. Great plan!

mj - glad you've put together some healthy days - keeping icing!

Have a good day, friends

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-28-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:35 AM   #27  

Height: 5'7"

Bev- My grandmother always said if something doesnt go wrong at the wedding the marriage wont last.I say your will last a lifetime! LOL I met hubby that year during early feb.

rae- you crack me up with your stories...keep them coming and good luck!!

rakel- are you getting enough water? Are you getting enough food? Check out your carbs..that whats always seems to get me.

mj- way to go on a string of good days, I know I feel so much better when I get a line of them going.

brandi- I just discovered thin buns...IM IN LOVE!

slash - hi
mj-hope you have a good day!
soul- my daughter (age 20 and very fit) is taking zumba and complains about how hard it is...way to go!

Yesterday as a struggle. TOM is here and I crave sweet and salty and crunchy. I didnt give in.It was HARD!! I had that little devil on one shoulder telling me to go and get the checks mix out of the cabinet and add a bag of M&Ms to it. The weight loss angel was on my other shoulder reminding me that I have worked to hard to give into such empty calories and how if I even a bite of it I would end up eating the whole bag.Im glad the good angel won out!!
My dd came in last night with a box of brownies to make tomorrow when it snows..I will not take a bite! If I do I might end up eating the whole pan!!
food today
breakfast thin bun with an egg
lunch- stirfry
dinner- greens , beans, beets, and 1 piece of cornbread

Last edited by dgramie; 01-28-2010 at 07:36 AM.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #28  

Hey Chicas!

OK, I'm digging right in because this is too juicy!

@raebeaR - YOU BETTER WORK IT GIRL!!!! I am so excited (and jealous) for you!!! What's your secret? I get a date every 3 months. You're juggling 3 at a time. You should teach a class!!! AWESOME! I can't wait to hear more. This is more exciting than anything happening in my life so I'll just live vicariously through you if you don't mind.

@brandijune44 - I love Zumba but it IS hard. It's a serious work out.

@rakel - Sorry you're having a hard time. Let us know how the calorie drop works out or if there's a way we can help.

@Beverlyjoy - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I love, love, love Cuban food but it would never occur to me to get healthy stuff. Glad you have a plan.

@dgramie - TOM is always a killer, ain't it? Glad you were able to resist. I'd choke my husband (if I had one) for making brownies in my presence. LOL. I'd have a hard time on an average day but TOM would send me over the edge. Just remember that brownies are ugly nasty things that bring no joy to anyone's life.

I've decided that Thursdays will be my exercise rest day. I'm usually a wreck by then. So today I slept in (and was STILL late for work). Going to a panel discussion about being single in the 21st century tonight. Should be...nothing new. But maybe I'll meet someone!

Food for the day:
Morning
1 serving(s) Oatmeal Raisin Cliff Walnut Bar 4
1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 0.5
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
6 oz Blueberry nonfat 3

Midday
Lean Cusine Pizza - 6
Mixed Veggies - 0
½ c. pineapple - 1

Evening
1 serving(s) WaWa Roast beef 6

Snacks/Desserts
3 small clementine 1
1 large apple(s) 2
2 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 5
1 item(s) Sugar Free Pudding Chocolate 1

Have a good day!!!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #29  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It looks like the snow has stopped for the moment, anyway...we are supposed to get a LOT today.

soulnik--Great job w/ exercise!!!

brandijune--that's funny about your cats! I know...I LOVE my spoiled dogs and I really LOVE the days I can crawl back into bed with them!!!

raebeaR--awww, thanks! You are hilarious!!!! I love hearing about your men!

Diane--thanks for popping in!

rakel--You CAN do it!!!

Beverlyjoy--Happy Anniversary!!!! That salsa sounds Yummy!!!! We are going to lunch w/ my family this weekend....you just reminded me to look up the menu, so I can plan ahead. Thanks! Yes....lots of ice. It is helping, which is good!

dgramie--GREAT job!!!!

So far, so good today! I need to drink more water, but that should be easy enough to do! Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning ladies!

(I'm trying to convince my self...since I didn't sleep well last night and am feeling a bit on edge this morning...haha)

Anyways:

Rae - Woot, woot!!! You go girl...keep the stories coming! I love it! Thanks for reminding me of lesson number four...it's hard to remember that sometimes in the midst of "the healthier way of life."

slashnl - Hope work went well...it seems like it always gets in the way!

rakel - Hang in there girlie! We CAN do this! Way to restrategize...Let us know how things go. Hugs

Beverlyjoy - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Celebrate and enjoy the cuban salad (sound delicious!)

dgramie - Here's some to ward off any brownie tempations Way to stay strong!

soulnik - Perhaps someday I will get brave enough to try Zumba. It sounds great...I'm getting ready for something a little more challenging. Have a great "rest day!" BTW - LOVE the new picture...absolutely beautiful!

mj5 - Hope you are able to stay warm and have a beautiful day!

My day is same ol' same ol'...I need to spice things up a bit I think

b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 4
s - yogurt - 3
l - eggplant lasagna, roasted red pepper soup, sandwich thin - 6
s - orange
d - baked potato, cottage cheese, brocolli - 6

exercise - 60 minute cardio...
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote