Old 01-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

hi, I'm kat and I'm a 32 yo new nurse from florida.

I've been overweight since I was a kid but didnt become obese till I was 19. I had been a dancer during H.S. (modern/jazz) and was in a car accident and broke my back. I lost some flexibility but, mainly, I just got out of the habit. plus my freshman 15 was more like the freshman 40. Quittingsmoking added another 30 pounds. Then, I recently went to nursing school and managed to gain 60 lbs in 13 months while learning how to help other people live healthier lives?!

I struggle with impatience on this journey but am trying to change my expectations. it is annoying to see a number on the scale and know that it is both a weight loss AND a higher weight than you were a year ago. But I'm taking it one day at a time and know that, soon, the numbers on the scale will startlooking pretty good to me!

Oh! AND i'M GOING HERE: http://www.biggestloserresort.com/
In October so I am trying to lose as much weight as possible before I go so that i can participate in the more challenging hikes
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 265/156/143

Height: 177 cm (5ft10in)

My name is Rebecca. I lived in Japan for 4 years and just got back to the USA recently. I was overweight from around age 6, obese by 11 until age 24 when I started my weightloss. Slowly but surely I'm edging close to my goal. I credit never missing a day of at least 30min of brisk walking + eating a high fiber, low meat diet of lots of cabbage, beans, and assorted vegetables.
lewelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Hello!
Well I am Lackie and I have been on this journey for a while. That a while is like 2 years. Mostly just like 3 months of that seriously. This time is different because it took HBP to get me to change my habits and I am training for 5ks to help my friend with her medication costs for MS. I think it's a huge motivator.
Lackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 229/229/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi There,

I call myself time2Bme. I'm not entirely comfortable with identifying myself on the internet either, so I'll leave it at that.

I am in my early 40's, happily married with a 11yrs old daughter. I was always a skinny kid, who gained a lot of weight in my early 20's. I managed to get it off and keep it off for several years. I discovered emotional eating in my late 20's and have been basically struggling with my weight ever since. While I've had some slim times, I have gained back the weight, and then some.

I've hit the age where it has started to affect my health. I feel like life is passing me by and I'm chronically afraid of failing at this weight loss game. I am tired of being tired and uncomfortable in my own skin.

I am so hopeful that 3fc will help me stay motivated. While I believe in the need for support groups, I'm also a private person. This site is the perfect combination of support and anonymity.

It has been very nice reading about all of you and your struggles. 3Fatchicks kind of feels like coming home.
time2Bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #65  

S/C/G: S 299/C 247/G 140

Height: 5'6"

Hi,
My name is Candy and I am 52 years old with four grown children and too many animals, but I like them. I have been a member of 3FC for a while and even though I enjoy reading the various posts I have not posted much myself. I began getting serious about my losing weight about a year ago. I was at loss as to what to eat and how to make this a lifestyle change instead of a diet. I then remembered Richard Simmons, who I liked years ago, though I had never tried his eating plan before. Since April of 09 I have been using Richard's eating plan and exercise instructions and have lost 75 lbs. I got a bit lazy the last couple months and stopped losing but now I am back to being more disciplined again.

Great to read about everyone. Good luck in your weight loss journey.

Candy
CandaceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:45 AM   #66  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I'm Jennelle. I've struggled with my weight for my whole life. I've been here awhile...probably ten years! I joined while I was in the throes of a pretty severe eating disorder. I hung out mostly on the 100+ board, then on the eating disorders board. Eventually, the board itself became a big fat trigger for me and I dropped off it for about two years.

In November of 2008, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. It's not the genetic kind, but it is hormone-receptive (?) and directly related to her obesity. I went home to help my sister care for her for that first month after diagnosis and that was the catalyst for me; I knew I never wanted my daughter to have to care for me that way. When I came home that January, I joined WW Online and made a pact to lose a pound a week for 52 weeks, and then I just shut up and buckled down and did it - no excuses for the first time in my life!

So far, I've lost about 60 lbs. My life has been a little chaotic for the past few months, but I've managed to keep off what I've lost. I'm pretty proud of myself for that.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:01 AM   #67  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 275/257/145

Hi everyone!
My name is Melissa, and I'm 23 years old from Louisiana. I've been married for a year and a half to the most amazing man in the world. We have two beautiful little boys- Jordan will be 3 this coming Friday and Gage is almost 18 months old.

I've been overweight since I was young. I've gained around 50lbs since high school.

Last year was pretty stressful for me.

Jordan was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder [mild to moderate]. He has therapy 6 days a week, so bringing him to every different therapy has become my day job. Along with caring for Gage, which was pretty exhausting this past year because of how young he was. It is getting easier [and harder because I have to chase him around], as he sleeps through the night more often than not these days. More sleep = happy me.

I also started taking some night classes at a technical college to become a medical assistant. I will be finished in April of this year =)

All of that added with being a new wife made for a busy year. And that brought me to my highest weight, 275.

I've finally had enough. For the first time I'm excited about making these changes. My husband and I just signed up at a gym, and we are working the WW plan. I KNOW I can do this. It just takes effort on my part, which I finally feel ready to give.

3FC is a really wonderful tool and full of information that is really helping me navigate this journey.
mel hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:25 AM   #68  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Good morning all
My name is Kathy and I've been a regular here off & on (under different names for about 4 years).
I'm a total yo-yo dieter. My highest know weight was 288 - my lowest 165.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:48 AM   #69  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Height: 5'5"

I'm jay41 and have been here since december of 2007. I started losing weight in October 2007 after receiving a major wakeup call on the metro when I discovered nobody would sit next to me because I'm fat.

I lost 60 pounds in the first 6 months of 2008 and then fell off the wagon. I caught Lymes Disease and used that as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted. I went through 10 months of regaining weight -- gained back almost 20 pounds. I fessed up to my issues and came back to 3fc in May 2009. Since then I've been on plan, exercise almost every day, eating whole foods.

I'm a 43 year old lesbian, a computer scientist for the US government, and travel the world on business. I put on most of my weight in my early 20s and went into my 30s at 275 pounds. When I got to my 40s I added 11 pounds. It got scary when I went to walmart and couldn't find clothes.

After losing almost 100 pounds I feel more vibrant than I have in years! I get more looks from the guys (and girls) than I can remember getting in 20 years. I feel strong, and have more energy and stamina than my co-workers in their early 30s.

I feel I wasted most of my 20s, all of my 30s, and the beginning of my 40s because I was too fat to do anything. I will continue on this journey and into maintaining...life will not pass me by anymore!

Last edited by jay41; 01-31-2010 at 09:52 AM.
jay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 AM   #70  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I am Becky - 41 and from Iowa. I live here with my son and DH. I have a daughter as well that lives out of state. Lived here most of my life! I have 2 dogs and one cat!!

Started my journey in May of last year. I am glad to be where I am today but man I can't wait to cross that finish line! lol
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 263/256.2/140

Height: 5'2"

I am Wanda and I live in Texas. I weighed 115 when I met my husband 25 years ago! Needless to say, I started gaining not long after we met and really ballooned when I was pregnant with my son 23 years ago. I never was able to lose the baby fat. 3 years later I had my daughter and even though I did better with my weight, only gained 30 pounds, I was still carrying the weight of my first pregnancy.

I have tried all kinds of diets! Some have helped, but I never got below 166 which I did on nutrisystem. Unfortunately nutrisystem was too low fat and I developed gall stones and had to have my gall bladder removed. I got so sick eating their food I feel nauseated just thinking about it now! I have joined WW for a gagillion times! I stuck with it for a year and a half and only lost 30 pounds. Our wonderful leader quit and so did I. And as always, gained the weight back!

My real eye opener this time, happened at a health fair our company had. I went with a coworker who is tall and overweight, but not like me. I'm short and fat. The people in all the booths looked at me with disgust! My friend got all kinds of goodies they were giving away. Me, I had to ask for them, after a couple, I didn't bother...my feelings were hurt. When we got back to our office she was pulling out all her treasures and asked me, where were mine? I had to say, I didn't get many. That has really stuck with me! And it wasn't the last time either! Fat people really are treated different than skinny people! I too have felt the embarrassment of no one wanting to sit by me..... Fat people have feelings too! I have a coworker that uses the phrase, "fat, dumb and happy" alot, and I hate it! Being fat does not make one dumb or happy! Sorry, didn't mean to rant! But all these feelings are what is making me want to stick with it for the long haul this time! I want to show people who I really am! And I'm NOT dumb.... or happy... I don't want to be the invisible, overlooked, fat, ugly duckling any more!
Starfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:37 PM   #72  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, I'm gloo, which is actually a nickname people call me in real life. I'm 42, originally from New England and transplanted to the Bay Area in 2001. I live here with my boyfriend of many years, my 15-year old stepdaughter (his child from a previous relationship), and our two adorable and amazing border collie/lab/terriers. By day I'm an executive admin, by night I am a freelance writer and insanely obsessive musical enthusiast. Outside of music and writing, I am passionate about animal rescue, art and pop culture. In the winter I'm an avid crocheter (is that what someone who crochets is called?).

I've been in and out of 3fc for years, but when I came back this time I'd forgotten all my login info so I stated anew. I've been fat, I've been thin, I've been all over the board weight-wise. I lost a good deal of poundage before I moved out to CA, then gained it back and put on the majority of the rest of my excess weight over the past 8 years. In that time span I've lost 20 pounds here or there, but nothing significant.

I like the thought of exercise, detest starting it, and love the feeling I have when I'm done with it. My biggest struggle is actually time, as we have a really weird schedule due to my boyfriend's work hours. My greatest challenge is finding the right time of day to put aside that important hour or so for myself.

We re-adopted a vegetarian lifestyle a little over a month ago, and so far I'm happily meat-free. We're eating more healthily then I can ever remember in my adult life, and fruits and vegetables have simply become our standard fare. I feel so much better these days, and most notably have rediscovered the pleasure of cooking. Since I'm still adapting to life as a vegetarian, I'm having a great time trying out new stuff and developing my arsenal of go to recipes.

I'm really not giving myself the choice to fail this time around. At 42 and this overweight it's only going to get harder as time goes by, so this HAS to be it for me. I'm trying to just accept that as fact.

This community is a godsend, and you all consistently inspire me with your stories and suggestions and provide me a place to visit for support and understanding. Although I don't know many of you quite well, I want you to know that your words are powerful nonetheless. You all hold a very dear place in my heart.

Keep posting your stories, kids! It's great to learn more about each and every one of you.

Happy Sunday!
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:03 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Hi! My name is Lyn, I am 40 years old and the mother of five children.

I have been working on my weight and health since August 2007 when I weighed 278 pounds. I've been pretty successful at keeping off a good chunk of weight, but have been stalled in the same range for quite some time now. No rush, it'll come.

I write a blog about my weight loss and there are progress pictures on it. The link is in my siggy. I love blogging for the accountability!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #74  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I guess I'll start posting again Life gets busy & while I have been on plan (and have hit my goal!) I haven't been logging on here as much!

My name is Tanee & I'm from New Orleans. I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 3 children who are 8, 5, and 3...the oldest has pdd-nos (why I've been busy, different meds = adjustment problems at school).

I have just been plodding along trying to figure out the balance I need to maintain. I started in May 2008...it's become a way of life for me and not just a diet. Weight Watchers and 3FC has been a lifesaver!

Welcome to all of the newbies that have popped up since my absence
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks....

My name is Beverly. Joy is my middle name. I am 57 years young & live in the midwest. I am a storyteller, puppeteer and writer. I have been married for 32 years, have a son, daughter in law and wonderful grandson. (almost 3)

As some of us here have said...I too have had weight issues - seems like forever. I came to 3fc a couple of years ago and even got just into onederland. 2009 was one of the most stressful years I can remember in a long while and some of the weight returned. But, I will never stop trying to find my way to better health. Seems it is always a winding and twisting journey.

It's been nice to learn a bit more about all of you. After all we are all in this together. Thanks to everyone for their help in this journey.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-31-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote