Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 07:30 AM   #16  

Good for you. Just don't quit and you will get there!
Old 08-13-2002, 09:12 AM   #17  

You lost some of the weight already! Very cool!

I am right there with you. Feeling bloated and disgusting today. Your thread helped me this morning. Now, instead of that bagel that I thought would make me smile, with the cream cheese oozing out..I will opt for my two eggs, which is OP for me. And am gonna be chugging the water today.

Thank you!

Old 08-13-2002, 09:38 AM   #18  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey Kim-
Good job getting back on the wagon! You can DO this! I hope the doctor can help you figure out what is wrong.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:02 AM   #19  

Well I did the hardest thing in the world today. I took the wonderful store bought cake out of my office and put it in the breakroom so everyone else can eat it If I can make it 5 1/2 more hours without going back in there and kicking someone's *** over taking it back I should be ok

Kim
336/325.5/170
Old 08-13-2002, 11:33 AM   #20  
Losin It For GOOD!

Good job! You can resist! REMEMBER: CAKE IS THE DEVIL!
Old 08-13-2002, 01:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 265/258/136

Default What I do for the chocolate craving . . .

This isn't much help, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway - although it is of no help for the low-carbers. I "plan" on a chocolate treat once a day. It isn't much, but I look forward to it and it gets the job done. The most important thing about this specific treat is it has other benefits. I take 2 of the Calcium supplement chocolate chews - there is the major brand (Viactin?) but I went with the Wal-Mart generic. It is like having two small pieces of chocolate, adds 40 calories (20 each) to my calorie total, I feel good about limiting myself to two, feel good about getting my calcium requirement, and don't feel chocolate deprived.
Old 08-13-2002, 01:49 PM   #22  
Losin It For GOOD!

Kim - if you are doing Weight Watchers the Viactive or other choclate-flavored calcium supplements are 1 point for 2 "tablets".
Old 08-13-2002, 03:46 PM   #23  

Tami,

At the GNC they make a choc bar for low carb people. It is called Pure De-Lite Chocoate Bar. It is sugar free and only has 1.1 carbs per bar. It has 173 cal and 13.6 grams of fat. My low carb diet doesn't require me to do low fat so this isn't a problem with my plan. I only use these when I have a craving. They arn't cheep, about $2.00 a bar. I have a discount card with GNC and get them only the first week of the month. That way they are cheeper. And I have to ration them.

I hope this helps.

Bella23
Old 08-13-2002, 05:39 PM   #24  

Kim - Keep your chin up. Things are never as bad as they seem at first glance! We are all proud of you for jumping back on the wagon.

What I do for my sweet craving...
I, too have found a sweet tooth. My trick is to chew gum when I find myself craving sweets! I can chew a stick of Juicy Fruit if I want something sweet. I have found that for me, part of the problem with my overeating is that I just need something in my mouth. If I'm chewing, I'm not thinking about eating.

Just an idea, hope it helps.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:20 PM   #25  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Kim - my thing is also chewing. I opt for the most mouth-searing peppermint or wintergreen I can find...like Dentyne Ice.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:29 PM   #26  
Old Cackler

sorry to have been such a non-posting slug...too much stress and all.

BUT, please let me jump in here with a few butt-kicks and some 'there-there's for you, kim.

you CAN do this. one step at a time. and great move on putting the cake into the break room. one bite, or even two won't hurt you, but that's the problem. who can have just one?? who WANTS just one bite????

your health, your life, your choices are ALL the most important things right now, so we'll be waiting for the doc's report next week, and in the meantime, drink your water, move your cute booty, and stay away from the sweet stuff...

[[[[[[[[[[[[kim]]]]]]]]]]
Old 08-14-2002, 09:18 AM   #27  

I'm allowed some chocolate on my plan, too. I have one Viactive (actually, the Walgreens generic) every day at lunchtime, and a couple of cookies after dinner. I chose cookies because for some reason I don't binge on those. I learned the hard way that I can't have ice cream or candy bars in the house.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:31 AM   #28  

How did you make out with the doctor? Or did you mean Tuesday the 20th?

Hope all's well.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:05 PM   #29  

Sorry it's next Tuesday the 20th I'm still hanging in there, drinking the water seems to have helped the sweet craving a lot. The gum suggestions are a great idea but to tell you the truth I don't chew gum, haven't in probably 10 years. Might need to give it a shot. I came up with a different solution - Altoids mints - still the strong flavor but not gum

Kim
336/325.5/170

Last edited by Inca's Momma; 08-15-2002 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:17 PM   #30  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I have this theory that sugar is addictive. Sometimes I carve sugar so bad, I could drink a whole 2 liter of vanilla coke without blinking.

My friend's diet plan includes a acupuncturist (c'mon I live in California) and he put her on a diet that excludes all refined sugars. She said she craved like crazy for awhile and then it subsided and now she lives free of sugar cravings.

I could never do that BUT when I need need need a piece of cake/cookie/candy/coke, I grab a Naked Juice Berry Burst (it's like a smoothie more than just fruit juice. It has fruit puree in it so it's thicker). It's filling and it's so yummy that my craving seems to subside. It's has 240 calories for the whole thing, which I agree is not light but it's so much healthier for me and it comes without that horrible cyclic GUILT.
Closed Thread