Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 06:25 PM   #1  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy I am a newbie to forums!

Hi I am new to this site and not sure what all the numbers and lingo means but anyway I need to lose 125 lbs. I have been walking and changed the way I eat, for the last two weeks. I am eating good food and lots of it. I am never hungry, but if i am I grab some fruit or a bagel(Whole wheat). I walk everyday, sometimes twice, usually 5 to 8 kms. at a time. I have lost 7 lbs.
I also am going to take up weight lifting to help the muscles burn the fat faster and tone up the muscles as I lose. It feels great to finally take control of my live, but there will be times I will need a whole lot of support so I ask you now to help me when I am weak as I will you. Take care and I hope you all lose a little of yourselves this week.
Wanttolosealot
Old 08-11-2002, 06:38 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey there, and welcome! You'll love our little board...you'll find it a safe place to vent your frustrations, share your secrets, realize that you're not the only one, and celebrate your successes.

You are actually one of many Canadians on here, too! I know Slimdown (Dana) is a transplanted Canadian, and I think Jen is Canadian as well. I know there are others...just can't remember who they are right now!

BTW, a quick lesson on "the numbers"...if you look at the bottom of someone's post, they'll usually have sets of numbers like this: XXX/XXX/XXX. The first set is their highest weight or the weight at which they started their weight loss journey. The second is their current weight, and the third is their ultimate goal weight (although most of us set "mini-goals" so we aren't overwhelmed by the big picture!)

Again, welcome! Post often
Old 08-11-2002, 07:09 PM   #3  

Welcome and feel free to jump on in. Some other abbreviations you may not understand later are:
TOM - time of month (women)
DH - dear husband usually
OP - on plan/program

Glad to have you here. GOOD LUCK

Kim
336/???/170
Old 08-11-2002, 08:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Hi there....

I too am in Canada(Ontario) too. I am Jen(29), SAHM(stay-at-home-mom) to 2 children(ages 5 and 2).

Some more lingo are...

SW - starting weight
CW - current weight
GW - goal weight
Old 08-11-2002, 08:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/258/136

Angry Newbie too

Glad to know I'm not the only newbie! I started "trying again" on August 5th and have done very well this week. I finally gave up on any plan that allowed me to eat as much as I wanted of any specific category (e.g., fat free or low carbs) and worked myself to come up with a plan I think I can live with an stay in a specific calorie range. I'm trying to "eat to live" rather than "life to eat" - and trust me, I've been living to eat for a long time now!

I work out of the home, but at a full time job developing multimedia-based training. It's stressful and has often sent me to the fridge! My husband is a Type II diabetic - with the real irony there being that he has never had an overweight day in his life. He's diet controlled and slips now and then, but it does mean that we can't always eat the same things. I'm trying to adjust to fixing meals that work for both of us or cooking two different things at the same time.

My biggest worry is consistent exercising, which will have to be walking until I'm in better shape. The worry I'm allowing myself for the fun of it is how on earth to deal with a transition wardrobe to cover what I hope will be about 9 sizes! I only hope I have to deal with that problem for real . . .
Old 08-11-2002, 08:44 PM   #6  

Hi:
There is an awsome amount of us Canadian Gals!!!! I use to
weigh 309 pounds a few years back. I now weigh 255 and I
have lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks. so in a manner of speaking
I could stand to lose between 75-100 pounds myself but it
can be done. Eight years ago at WW I dropped 100 pounds.
I went from 309 to 209. Sadly I gained half back, however,
I still managed to keep approx. half the weight off. I am
now on a low carb diet. For me it is just the ticket Believe
you can suceed and you will.
Anne.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:27 PM   #7  

Angry

Welcome!

This is a great group of people. I have been coming here for about 2 months and feel right at home --

The people here are really great and are very supportive.

Hope to see you here often.

Crystal
Old 08-12-2002, 09:44 AM   #8  

Welcome, ladies I'm Deb, a music teacher from St. Louis, MO. My DH is diabetic, too, and I'm basically on a modified version of his diet (he just filled out the paperwork for his new insulin pump - should be here any day ))))

Post often, or the mother hens around here will track you down!! HaHa
Old 08-12-2002, 11:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Welome Ladies

Always nice to "see" new faces. I've been around for only a little while myself. Since June, and I have found alot of support and encouragment. We're here when you need a shoulder or a laugh. Post often and we look forward to getting to know you.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:12 AM   #10  

Welcome to both Iwanttolosealot & Tami! I am quite new here as well, & have found this to be a great support system. The ladies here are wonderful!

I'm Kayla, 24, and as you can see from my stats below, have lost 51.8 pounds & stand to lose a little less than 100 more. It's a long journey, but so very worth it for me. I look forward to "chatting" with you all more
Old 08-12-2002, 11:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/258/136

Default Wonderful welcome

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome! Debbers, you and I should trade notes some time on the DHs' diet needs and ours. My DH is diet controlled, so he really has to watch carbs and when he does have a carb, he has to mix with a fat to slow it down. Low-carb didn't work for me, so I am essentially making us two very different main dishes with the same green veggies to compliment for dinner. He has to eat every few four hours or so and I've found if I break down my foods for the day to keep up with that, I'm doing well.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:43 PM   #12  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

WELCOME wanttolosealot!!!

there is no where else on the net where you will find a better bunch of gals!

Jennelle.. LOL @ you - transplanted canuck... good one!!

I miss my "home and native land" BAD!!!

Dana
Closed Thread