Old 11-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #1  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Warning to the re-starters

I know most of you don't remember me, but I was on the board several months back and dropped out. When I was here before, the scale moved pretty quickly (about 21 pounds in one month). I actually made a post that I was concerned I lost it so fast. Well skip ahead to my restart and the weight isn't moving quite so fast. It was a little discouraging this morning when I weighed in, but I realized this is a journey and it may take a little time. Just don't give up!
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I don't remember you but that's because I haven't been around the last few months! I'm definitely finding that losing weight is different this time around. It's probably partly because I'm still nursing (that whole thing about nursing making you lose weight is such a myth, at least for me -- it makes me hungry all the time!) I can't seem to lose no matter what I do, but I haven't really been as consistent as I need to be, either with exercise or eating well.

Anyway, we can do this! We just have to stay consistent and strong and remember that it is possible! Two years ago, I made it to a size 8, for goodness sake. Surely I can make it back down to at least a 12 or 14, right? I'm just going to take it slow and know that it WILL happen.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #3  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

I didn't lose while I was nursing either! I felt jipped...lol
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #4  

Height: 6-1.5

when I stopped smoking, I always failed for a few years, but every weekend, I would try to quit again, and finally, it took. I think you have to acquire a knack for dieting even like you have to acquire the knack for starting new exersise routeen. It can be pain in the azz! You are trying to stop hunger-- something caused by nerve induction, and chemical secretions. All you have is "rationalization" that is, "will power." I was told once, a kind of interesting "secreat," which was to get to like the feeling of being hungry. It is kind of masochistic, but if your health will allow it, try to fast for a day and see if at the end of the day you don't feel hungry. Another thing I was told or read at one time was that you only need a tiny bit of food to stop yourself from being hungry. These people who eat 6 or 8 times a day are probably on the right track. In other words, you may need to tweak your diet so it fits you better.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I remember you because I always loved your username. Sushi is my favorite! Welcome back, glad to see you're giving it another try.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote