Old 10-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #16  

Height: 5'11"

I say get the eye surgery. Having suffered from poor eyesight my entire life, I would jump at the chance. My sister had such bad eyesight that she couldn't recognize people's faces at all unless she was wearing her glasses/contacts. She went to Canada in the early days of lasik surgery (before they were offering it in the US) and she had spectacular results. She went from 20/400 to 20/15 vision. 10 years later, she now has to wear reading glasses but she still doesn't regret it.

Final thought: If it was your husband or kids who needed the lasik, what would you say? Yeah, I thought so. Get the surgery. But check prices, because like others have said, the $4k sounds a little high.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

Get the surgery! You deserve it. You've worked hard. What's the point in making goal rewards for ourselves if we dont' stick to them
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:37 AM   #18  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Charbar, my hubsand and I had it done downtown Chicago over 5 years ago, I want to say it was $1800 each.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:09 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Get the surgery, the reward is for you , not the house ! Congratulations on a great loss so far !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #20  

Surgery!! YOU worked hard and earned the reward - You deserve it, not the floors. Do check around for different prices though. Our son had his done for around $2000.
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:39 PM   #21  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Dana, Go Pack GO!!!!! Can't wait til the game.

I would say go for the surgery & have you checked some prices here in the Milwaukee area? $4K does sound kinda steep, but I guess it's your eyes so I don't blame you for not wanting to go with the least expensive option, either.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote