Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Home and disappointed...

So, somehow I survived being on the road for six days.

I ate in restaurants, at a banquet, and in served meals. I was HYPER careful-- even getting up from some meals hungry rather than take a chance at eating too much.

I hit the hotel gym and pool as often as I could.

This was the first time I've been away from my scale, and I was worried, but secretly, I was pretty sure I would have dropped...

Haven't done my official morning weigh in, but it looks like I'm exactly the same....

That's doubly hard because it's been ten days since I lost a pound.

I was dropping really fast for a while, and now I just feel stuck.

I am trying to pat myself on the back for sticking with it even while travelling, but I'm discouraged with the results.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #2  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't worry too much, although it's frustrating, I know! I find when I travel that even if I stick to plan, I don't lose anything for a few days afterward. It's like the stress and travel make me retain water or hold onto every ounce. Then after a few days I drop.

And congratulations for staying on plan and exercising! That is the main thing, to remember you have made a lifestyle change, not just a temporary diet.

Last edited by LitChick; 10-05-2009 at 09:42 PM.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Lit... I *know* you're right, but I've been psyched out about being stalled even though it hasn't really been that long.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #4  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Quote:
now I just feel stuck.
The good news is you didn't gain. Keep on target and you will lose. You tried to adhere as much as you could. Keep going. Focus on changing the habits and it will come off. Good luck.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #5  
wants that Louis Vuitton!

S/C/G: 300/203.4/170

Height: 5'5"

did you fly or sit in the car for a long time? that can make you retain water! Make sure you drink a LOT and you should see that number drop.

You should feel great about your success....at least you didn't gain anything...and look how far you've come so far!
StellarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm so sorry that the scales are letting you down right now. Please give them a few days. I bet they will catch up.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #7  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Scale, schmale.

You did very well. I don't think you could have done any better!

Celebrate that! Be proud of yourself for managing a difficult situation according to your goals and your objectives.

I hereby award dancing carrots to you for your sheer awesomeness!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #8  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

You did great! One thing you didn't have control over was sodium and you may have got a lot more than you are used to. Drink lots of water and I'll bet the scale will give you a satisfying whoosh in a few days!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You maintained.

On vacation.

Give yourself a hand.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #10  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Yup, nthing the "drink lots of water and wait to see if it whooshes". Thars salt in them thar restuarant meals.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:59 AM   #11  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I was going to say the same thing about hidden sodium! A colleague of mine, who is also following WW recently came off of a week long business trip and he had the same story. He was uber-careful everywhere he ate, he exercised, he drank no alcohol, etc, and he stayed the same. He was so upset, felt like giving up even and I asked him if he had considered all the sodium in the restaurant meals and he hadn't even thought of it! One week later and tons of water - 2 lbs lost!

Hang in there and CELEBRATE maintaining in that situation. Consider it practice for when you are at goal and maintaining
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Ditto on those processed foods! Prepared foods are loaded with sodium. If you are terribly anxious then go on very low carbs for a couple of days and this should do it. Nothing prepared and no salt. Basically just protein and veggies.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Well done on staying the same while away - that's a massive achievement I was also careful when we went away - at leats most the time and did a lot of walking. We were away 2 and a half weeks and I put on 1lb. 5 days later I weighed myself again and had lots 4lb which means I must of dropped while away and ust of been carrying water weight from travelling and eating more carbs.

Drink lots of water and stay on plan and you may get a whoosh in the next few days but even if you don't if you stayed the same (maybe more calories in soem of the food you had than you thought???) think how much weight you may of put on if you hadn't made such sensible choices. It's hard staying on plan whiel away so well done on doing so well
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote