Old 09-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #1  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Default Oh No!

As I set here I have realized that I am comming up on a month and it seems like I always end up throwing in the towel . I can't do it this time I need to stay on track and keep myself going.

I guess you can say that I have the blues right now. I watch tv and see all the things I love and I sit here and wonder God I love that. I Miss it . The good news is I have resisted from binging so far. If I feel like I need to eat I grab some fruit or something .

I am counting calories and doing good with that. Today my son turned 20 and we had cake and Ice cream for him. I did good I didnt have any cake Or Ice Cream . It wont last long the family will have it gone In no time.

I have to stay on track. I am doing good and I dont want to stop. I will fight now to keep it going. I jest wish you could program no commericals on tv. Any one else feel like this?

I am trying to stay positive.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

OMG, no food commercials would be AWESOME...those evil things are what getting me craving food worse than anything else. Seriously.

That is wonderful you resisted cake and icecream...WTG! Keep your chin up, you are going in the right direction.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Hey, congrats on the first 10 lbs! I feel just like you do sometimes - but we've just got to keep plugging along. Hang in there!
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #4  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

DVR, baby! Seriously- get a DVR and set it record your shows. Then start watching the show 10 minutes late for a 1/2 hour show, 20 minutes for an hour long show. Then fast forward through the commercials. The show will go off at the same time. You just bought yourself another 20 minutes to exercise, cook, clean, read, hang out with your kids, etc and no tempting commercials.

You could go as extreme as me and not have any tv service at all- I never see a tempting ad at all anymore, mostly because i'm too cheap (aka strapped for cash) to pay for cable, but most people don't like that idea.

I know rockinrobin has posted about this before- as soon as the show goes to a commercial, get up and go walk the stairs in your house or do something active until the show comes back on.

But good luck! Try to stay positive- look at what you have accomplished, not what you still want to do.

~Onyx
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #5  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

You're doing so well Bonnie; don't throw in the towel! I sometimes knit when I watch t.v. and especially during the commercials. Gives me something else to look at.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #6  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hang in there Bonnie!

You can do this! Maybe move the treadmill in front of the TV or something! Or mute the TV do excercises when the commercials come on.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #7  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Yeah, we have a DVR and I cant remember the last time I willingly watched a commercial.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hang in there! You can do this!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
Yeah, we have a DVR and I cant remember the last time I willingly watched a commercial.
Haha same here
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Please don't give up. You can do this. I know you can

I very rarely watch tv, only thing I watch on regular basis that has commercials is 2 & a half men with my mom, and that's on KTLA, so most of the food ads are for chains we don't even have in Canada. I tend to watch dvds of movies or old tv series. It really helps. The DVR idea sounds wonderful though, my parents are planning are going from Satellite to Cable, so that my dad can watch the local OHL games on the cable access channel, I think I will get a dvr for them for their Christmas gift this year. Yay thanks for the idea.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #11  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I never watch commercials. They are muted immediately only because I can't stand the yelling. I use that time to read or browse through a magazine. Before you know it, your show is back. WTG on resisting the cake and ice cream. Keep up the good work!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Yay for you resisting the bday goodies!!! I"m so proud of you!

I don't have a DVR so I totally relate to the food ads. There I am, enjoying an episode of Law & Order then comes on some commercial and before I know it I'm craving whatever they're advertising. Like someone else mentioned, mute it. Read a book. Knit a scarf. Get up and start a load of laundry. These things work for me and I hope you find something that works for you.

Food commercials are evil !
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 AM   #13  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Here, take your towel back! You are NOT going to throw it in!
You've had a major victory over party food.
You've lost 8% of your total, in only a month!
No No No No No!
You Can do this!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
As I set here I have realized that I am comming up on a month and it seems like I always end up throwing in the towel . I can't do it this time I need to stay on track and keep myself going.

I guess you can say that I have the blues right now. I watch tv and see all the things I love and I sit here and wonder God I love that. I Miss it . The good news is I have resisted from binging so far. If I feel like I need to eat I grab some fruit or something .

I am counting calories and doing good with that. Today my son turned 20 and we had cake and Ice cream for him. I did good I didnt have any cake Or Ice Cream . It wont last long the family will have it gone In no time.

I have to stay on track. I am doing good and I dont want to stop. I will fight now to keep it going. I jest wish you could program no commericals on tv. Any one else feel like this?

I am trying to stay positive.
I see that VERY soon you will be going under 300lbs. You and I are in the same place weight-wise. Every morning I'm weighing and crossing my fingers I finally get under 300lbs.

I am big on nutrition BUT I have to have a food plan that I can stay on. Three times a week when I go swimming I go to McDonalds. I know that people have made them evil, but last time I lost 90lbs I ate at McDee's three times a week, like now. I have to have something I look forward to and it works for me. I count calories and eat healthy for four days. McDee's isn't too bad: I eat a low-fat ice cream cone, 6 chicken mcnuggets (no trans fat now), and a side salad with 1/2 of the dressing pack. About 600 calories. I can do this because I drink an EAS protein drink for breakfast; only 110 calories on these days. When I get home I can have a big "hamburger" with a portabello burger, Arnolds flat bread and mayo, tomato and onion for 250 calories and then I still have 300-400 calories left. I'm happy on this plan.

So I think you need to find some food that you like. Nothing is taboo except obviously sugar loaded stuff and bakery stuff. Think about what you like and figure out a way to work it intoyour diet. I Love full-fat yogurt so that's what I eat. I put cut-up fruit and raw oatmeal for a chewy texture and stevia, for sweetness in it and it's a great breakfast.

The portabello burgers have saved me many times. Also a big bag of 100 calorie popped corn in the evening. I drink tons of Lipton green citrus diet tea and I think it helps a little. Make sure you are drinking a lot of liquid to help with any hunger.

You can do it. Think about it. What are your choices? Go ahead or go back to what was? NO, NO, NO. We're running out of time for god's sake. You can do it.

Last edited by Suezeeque; 09-21-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

you have done soooo well so far!!! you have losst 10lbs in a month! thats excellent loss. well done on resisting the birthday goodies!
i am right there with you on the tv commercials. what i do now tho is i get up and if anything needs to be brought upstairs i do that. if theres nothing i just go upstairs anyway. then i get a glass of water and by then the show is back on! keep up the good work! you are kicking butt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suezeeque View Post
I am big on nutrition BUT I have to have a food plan that I can stay on. Three times a week when I go swimming I go to McDonalds. I know that people have made them evil, but last time I lost 90lbs I ate at McDee's three times a week, like now. I have to have something I look forward to and it works for me.
i am just like you on this. once a week i go to mcdonalds and have a happy meal with water instead of the soft drink. i'm on weight watchers so that adds up to 6.5 points for the nugget meal. its actually less than my allocated points for lunch, 7.5) so its easy to slot in and tbh it keeps me going during the week when i am dying for something greasy. i know that if i didnt have that i wouldnt eat well the rest of the week.
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote