Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #16  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serephina View Post
You are having a great week there salsa and you know what? You deserve it because you worked hard for it! Great job on the new weight!
Thank you! Somehow it doesn't "feel" as though I've been working very hard - but I have. Not just physically, but mentally too - trying to come to terms with the fact that This Is It, and it's actually happening. The mental transformation feels more taxing than the physical, tbh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewCreation View Post
You've worked so hard--congrats!!!! Good job!!!
Thanks so much! It's so encouraging to get all these messages of support from others who are journeying too

Quote:
Originally Posted by matafleur View Post
Congrats! I am in the same spot you were a few days ago - teetering on the edge of the 220s. Yay!
It's also quite terrifying...or challenging, I guess, depending on how you see it. One moment I wonder if I'm going to carry on going down, or whether I'll stuff it up again. But then the only person who's going to make it work is me, so if I want it badly enough, I should get off my behind and do it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana in Canada View Post
Congratulations!
That's the way to do it. Carry on!
Thank you! This is the furthest I've ever been able to get - so I definitely can't stop now
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Good job!!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

Keep it up! I can't wait to get into the 230s!

Last edited by cincimom11; 09-01-2009 at 02:37 PM.
cincimom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 259/230/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa chip View Post

It's also quite terrifying...or challenging, I guess, depending on how you see it. One moment I wonder if I'm going to carry on going down, or whether I'll stuff it up again.

I know exactly what you mean. When I drop into a new 'decade' I get extra motivated to lose a few more pounds as a "buffer" between me and the higher 'decade.'
matafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by matafleur View Post
I know exactly what you mean. When I drop into a new 'decade' I get extra motivated to lose a few more pounds as a "buffer" between me and the higher 'decade.'
So glad I'm not the only one!!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 291/159.8/150

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up

Congratulations on getting below the 230's!!!
fjcinzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Whoot!!! YAY!!! Finding your inner Sexy Kitty Salsa? You do it girl!!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraLee View Post
Whoot!!! YAY!!! Finding your inner Sexy Kitty Salsa? You do it girl!!
You wouldn't believe it.

Or...maybe you would. Iono.

But I can (sometimes) look at my face in the mirror and smile. I have nightwear that isn't sexy, but has hemlines that up until a few weeks ago I'd have sniffed at because they weren't decent (I'm coming out of a period of being uber-uber-Catholic, although I still go to Mass), they were scandalous, yardi yardi yardi. I have a pair of very very short shorts that I wear around the house. They show off the saddlebags at their worst...but I wear them in the full knowledge that my housemate could come home and see me (wouldn't bother her in the slightest).

I'm taking pride in my appearance. I de-fuzz each day in the shower and love the feeling of smooth legs. I don't have a huge variety of hairstyles, but I make sure it's neat and tidy (and when I take it down...my hair colour goes well with my eyes!). When I walk around I pull my shoulder blades back and together. I keep my chin level and my tummy muscles tucked in and firm. My step is lighter.

What the ****?!

Ok, this is not just the weight loss (depression, self-image issues, trying to overcome both and yet more on top)...but I'm less than 20lbs down. I've got a goal of losing 50lbs before Valentine's day. At times the prospect of all this becoming more so, more intense or whatever is just overwhelming.

And then being at goal weight - whatever that might be - I daren't think about it. I just daren't. It's scary and wonderful and terrifying.

Er...yes. That was me blathering on
Old 09-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Blather away... I do it all the time.

I know what your talking about. I shave daily during my post workout shower, do my lil' face care routine and moisturize...everyday now!! Its so invigorating!!
I catch myself flexing my leg muscles or poking at sides and hips (which are still pretty fluffy but after a good workout, feel oh so much more firm!!) and walking upright, again (if I haunched any further I woulda drug knuckles, LOL).
And then at some point during my glorious observing of my awesome self, that hideous lil voice...I'll call him Steve, pops into my head to remind me... "Hahaha, fatty, you haven't even lost twenty pounds yet and you still have another 10times what you've lost so far to go, Muhahaha!!" And thanks to Steve I start fo feel overwhelmed, but than I sit back primp a lil' and tell Steve to kiss my ***!

I'll be floored to hit goal. I haven't been that low since middle school! I wonder what I look like under here, lol

Last edited by TaraLee; 09-01-2009 at 07:43 PM.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #25  

Strike three for Salsa: another colleague asked me today if I'm losing weight. Apparently it's coming off all over (how one sees that I dunno, but ok, I'm not about to quibble), but is especially noticeable in my face.

Duuuuuude.

Arrival time of Slim Sexy Salsa Chicky: dunno, but moving up even as we speak

Now I just have to figure out when I'm going to fit in a run today, or whether my mammoth cycling trip (to choir rehearsal and back) will make up for it. Calories are calories but I have a race to train for...
Old 09-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #26  

Great!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote