Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #31  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
When Lane Bryant changed their sizing and I realized that their old size 14 is smaller than their new size 1,
I thought that was all in my head! I can wear a 2 Red in new sizing but I have one old pair of LB size 18 pleated khakis that are just a tad too tight. Nowwwww it makes sense.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM   #32  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Reading the post and wondering how weird am I . I am in a 3X and I have clothes packed up all the way down to a 16/18. I guess I keep them so when I do get to loosing weight again I can start pulling out the old clothes and wearing them. I wont have to run out and buy stuff. I am plannning on a new wardrobe when I get to my target weight loss. Until I hope and Pray that I make it.

Bonnie
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #33  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

None. I had been obese and morbidly obese so long that the smaller clothes were given or tossed away long ago. Everything I have now is too large, which is a great feeling..to an extent
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:39 PM   #34  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I've got 7 sizes in my closet - 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12. Personally, I'm less inclined to keep the sizes I've shrinking out of than getting rid of the smaller ones. but then I look at my closet and would rather just chuck it all and start over. A girl can dream!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #35  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Not a single damn thing. I gained all of my weight (well most of 200 lbs) in two years when I was 19-20. I got rid of ALL of my thin clothes! So I have to buy every single thing while I go down in sizes It's a hardship that I have learned to live with
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 259/230/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
I thought that was all in my head! I can wear a 2 Red in new sizing but I have one old pair of LB size 18 pleated khakis that are just a tad too tight. Nowwwww it makes sense.
Yeah, definitely not all in your head. When they changed sizing I wore 16 - appropriately sized but poor fit (because the cut didn't really suit my shape). In the new sizing I wore a very slightly snug but PERFECTLY fit 1 red (I was a bit smaller then than I am now).

I sent them an email pointing out that if I lose 15 lbs I would be a plus-sized woman who can't find jeans at the best mid-range plus-size shop out there, and suggesting they rethink their sizes. I got back a reply stating 'we will take your thoughts into consideration,' which I think is a polite way of saying 'go away!'
matafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

I am into a size 26 pear of jeans and I have sizes down to a 16 (mostly donated from my sister and sister in law). I decided that as soon as I can fit into the next size down I am going to get rid of all my larger sizes.. I have to do some cleaning out of bigger shirts as they are not swimming on me. My thoughts were if I have nothing to wear, I am going to have to keep on losing weight.
uclr0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #38  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I started out (barely) fitting into size 28s (slightly smaller in tops) and now I'm wearing in the range of 20-24, depending on cut. This weekend I went through my closet and put aside all the clothes that are now too big for me. What I'm fitting in now is the smallest sizes I had in my closet, and most of it are still pieces I will wear - the stuff that isn't I set aside as well.

There's a woman at my work who looks to be about the size I was and I mentioned going through my closet and taking the clothes to goodwill (my way of indirectly asking her if she wanted them without potentially offending her) and she was quite happy to take them.

Last night, a friend who has also been losing weight mentioned she had some 16s that don't fit anymore and would I want them. So now I actually do have some clothes in my closet that don't fit me - yet! But it's only a matter of time, and that will mean fewer interim pieces I'll have to buy until I reach my goal.

I say keep the things you'll want to wear if/when you get to that size, and donate/ditch the rest.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #39  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, the LB size range is actually quite narrow. They should expand at least a couple sizes in both directions. I was too large to shop there a year ago (size 30/32) and almost too small to shop there now...and I'm nowhere near having a "1" as the first number in my weight.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #40  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I have gotten rid of aynthing that was too small for me and so trendy that I probably wouldn't wear it when I got back down to that size. The things that are too small, but that I will wear I keep boxed in rubbermaid tubs that are labeled by size in one of our extra closets (the one in the room I work out in actually). I am currently in a 16 and I have 2 boxes of 14s, 1 box of 12s, and a very few items that are smaller than 12. I keep out one outfit that is my fav in the next size down in order to keep me motivated. Since I didn't get rid of them I won't have to pay to replace them when I get to that size, but since they are boxed up in the other room I don't have to stare at them every time I get dressed. I also kept one pair of jeans in the largest size I ever wore in order to take pictures later. As I shrink out of things I put them in a bag that I keep in the bedroom, I always have one going, when the bag gets full I put it in my car and whenever I am near the place I go to donate things I drop off any bags that I currently have in my car. For me this always feels great- it shows I have made progress, I am giving to people who may be less fortunate, and the place is right next to the gym which also helps with motivation because if I go there without going to the gym I feel guilty.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

I'm going to keep my largest pair of jeans for photos too. Can't wait 'til the day they get too big for me.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #42  
Recommitted: 12/29/2015

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'6" | Age: 27

I'm currently a very tight 24 or a very loose 26, and the only other sizes I have in my closet are 22 and 20. Having any other sized pants in my closet would just seem WAY too small/impossible right now.

Working towards having the 24s fit better by Thanksgiving and the 22s fitting by Valentine's Day is motivation enough for me right now!
Enduring Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote