Old 08-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #16  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

hm, I must be odd, other people's weight never crosses my mind.

I Do compare my size with others though, although it's not always easy to tell.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #17  

Height: 6'1

I have started doing something like this quite often, esp at the gym. I'm pretty tall, 6'1 and if I see someone tall like me, I try to guess what size shes wearing.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #18  

I don't really think about it when I look at people. When I actually know someone's weight, like on the biggest loser, I do compare myself to see if that's what I look like. It's so hard to get a good idea of how other's actually see you.

I've figured out that most of the time people are thinking more about themselves than they are of me. I'm a lot less self conscious than I used to be. It still doesn't stop me from sucking in my gut around other people.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #19  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Yeah. I do that. I've also been known to ask my husband, "am I as big as her?" I really don't think I have a clear picture of my real size.
this is exactly what I do
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I do this too! More than guessing weight I try to guess what size they wear, like in jeans or something. And then I wonder if I am bigger or smaller, or how I would look if I was that size. Even typing it just now I feel like a creep!

I'm so happy to have all of you that feel the same way about things as I do!!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #21  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I don't do this so much from day to day but it's usually if someone tells me their weight I will analyze it. Like on that new bachelor show for chubby women. I found myself arguing with the tv because it would show the girls weight when they talked and I was like, "No way, that girls weighs way more than that."
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #22  

Height: 5ft6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Remember that show (can't think of the name of it) where they'd have a line up of different sized ladies and the subject would have to pick where they'd fit in - they were always WAY off.
I was thinking the same thing. I saw that one to. I think it was the British show "How To Look Good Naked" All the women picked the "model" that was like 20 or 40 lbs bigger than they were.

And yes I do the same thing. Me and my hubby both. I guess it is to egt an idea of how others see you. My hubbe has the oposit problem. He is in good shape but thinks he is smaller than he is. So we both struggle to see what others see.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #23  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never done that. I don't even try to compare others to myself. The other day, I was wondering if my neighbor is bigger than me. I was thinking that I must be bigger than her but it is because I don't have a true concept of me versus others. I always believe I'm the biggest one because I was always the biggest one for such a long time.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #24  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Yeah. I do that. I've also been known to ask my husband, "am I as big as her?" I really don't think I have a clear picture of my real size.
I've done this recently with friends. Asking them to point out who I look most like, and comparing to who I think I look like. It's been really surprising to see the difference between how my mind see's me, compared to how other people do.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #25  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I do this too, but I'm terrible at it!!! I'd guess someone at about 145 lbs., and it turns out they're 190 LOL I always guess way too low
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #26  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

I dont exactly do that...And i dont make it obvious..I do however ask my husband "am I her size?"....Yes I ask his this all the time...And he says "NO shes bigger"...and if she isnt he says "I didnt get a good look at her"...LOL....Yea watever! He just doesnt want to tell me she smaller...But since the P90X I have been gaining muscle....so Im hot! Atleast I think I am...
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #27  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I do this too. Not guess weight but try to compare myself to someone just so that I can understand what my size is. We recently had an event at work and I tried to get in various group shots so that I can compare my size to other people. I used to avoid the camera as much as possible!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote