Old 08-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #16  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

yes, it's awful to let a unpleasant job seep into your off time too, definitely try to leave it in the cubicle. Have had some experiences with that!

maybe you can cry on hubby's shoulders a little more, or cry on each other (in a good way!). Maybe even sometimes just telling him you could use a hug or cuddle without bringing up problems.

hang in there! this too shall pass.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #17  

Height: 5'11"

I don't know whether it would help you, but something that I benefited from when my husband and I got laid off 3 months apart (me April, him June) was just planning -- everything. Even a couple years after we both got work again, I'm still keeping my schedule a year in advance, planning what I'll eat two weeks in advance, and tracking our budget three years in advance. I'm a little obsessive about it sometimes, but at the same time, somedays it's the only thing that kept me sane and moving forward.

Hugs and good luck.
TheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #18  

Height: 6-1.5

I'm similar. Fired in July of last year, I have lost everything-- house, car, pension, savings (yada yada) everything. I went through 2 rounds of unemployment, and have had 2 jobs. I just got fired from the last one. I don't last because I am totally inadequate for the job-- I just can't humanly do it. I go home everynight and cry a bucket of tears. I have to get my food from the food line, and make my rent on plasma giving. I've got a college degree and should be making decent money. I kind of fell through the cracks and there is no way out of this mess. Right now I am looking for temporary work at the upcoming state fair (and applying for my master's degree) Believe me, that is quite a contrast. So all I can say is get your husband doing anything to make money. They say now that the unemployment figures are down, but they don't say that it is because 1) school will be starting soon, and 2) the adults are getting the kid's jobs, and 3) people who fall off unemployment are not counted in the unemployment figures. So since you will not be getting unemployment you will be considered as having a job even though you do not have a job. People are running at anything that looks like a job opening. It is highly competitive to get anything-- even bad jobs. You might say this is what happens when industries send our jobs elsewhere.

The important thing for your husband to remember is that the jobs available are terrible, so it is not like a good one is going to pop up. He's got to grin and take anything -- and tell him not to count anything he is doing now on his resume. It dosen't matter how the unemployed are trying to eek a living during a depression. He needs to get to work digging ditches or working at Mc. D's to help you out because no one will get anything if you collapse.
Tell him that.

Last edited by giselley; 08-16-2009 at 10:08 PM.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

((hugs))
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #20  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote