Old 08-16-2009, 03:05 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Question/admiration about 'before' pics

I love seeing before and after or before and during pictures. Oh hey, that reminds me to post my monthly 15th of the month one. I'll do that when I get back in from church this afternoon.

What struck me the other day was about some people's befores. My before photo is one that someone happened to take. Other people, thinking cfmama here but others too, took a whole set of back, front and side shots when they started.

It just occured to me, what a commitment from day 1 that must have been! I've taken progress pictures, and that's easier, because any progress is a victory, but it never occurred to me to take a start photo.

Not quite sure where else this thought could go, just big congratulations to chickies who were so serious from day 1 that they took referbackto photos. I'm impressed!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I didn't take the first picture day one... it was the end of day 2 And believe it or not I KNEW from that TWO MEASLEY DAYS of accomplishment that I WOULD succeed and that NOTHING would stop me. TWO DAYS... that's all it took to tell me I could do it.

I am so thankful that I got my husband to take those pictures. I was horribly miserable. I was preparing to die from my blood clotting disorder. I figured life was NOT worth living.... but I decided to give it one last try.

And what do you know It was the best "try" so far.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I took a day one photo. I had barely any photos of me prior to losing the weight. Cameras was something I hid from.

I only wish I had taken all the angle shots that cfmama took. I also wish I would have taken my measurements. I would have loved to known the yards that I lost. I didn't take those till quite a few months in.

And yes, I new from day one that I was "going to do this". There was no doubt in my mind. None. I didn't want to be fat any more. Finally realized that I didn't have to be if I didn't want to be. I made the decision to do what was necessary. I was willing to do whatever it took. I knew I would have to completely overhaul and revamp my entire lifestyle. I was ready to. I made it my mission to lose the weight. And knew that if I stuck with it, there was no way that I couldn't get to my goal.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I took my before picture the day before I started....it's funky looking but I felt like I needed that reality check. I wasn't thinking to use it to compare, really. Other than a hand full of face pictures I was ALWAYS the one behind the camera.

With the exception of the first and my most recent...the rest are self pics. My husband travels a lot & my 8 year old's photography skills are lacking

Once I get it in my head to do something I do it. I'm a very determined person and I guess this was one of the things I just decided to do. So in my heart I knew it would happen. It just wasn't the reason why I took that picture.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I took all the angle shots -- front, both sides, and back at 244lbs, then 200lbs, then 172 lbs. I'll take them again at 152 lbs, and again at where I think I might like to be...just haven't decided if I'll post them! Because I took them in the most unflattering clothes, too -- sports bra and spandex workout pants -- JUST for the "full effect", to be ruthlessly honest about my body. AND to be able to honestly assess my progress, cause if there WAS no progress there would be no point. And it is easier to SEE what is going of if you have photos and you cover up your head, believe it or not, as you can just focus on changes and not on your face...

Oh, and my starting measurements in inches were 52-45-53...sigh. (Today, 41-34-41, still a rectangle but so what...)

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 08-16-2009 at 11:16 AM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #6  

a/b = (a+b)/a

This fraction, (a+b)/a, is called the golden ratio (or golden section or golden mean).

Kira...only because you and I speak the same language...I am giving you the golden rectangle award....see above formula.Luv ya!!!!!Rectangles ROCK.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I am architecturally perfect?!!!!

God, er, Evolution love ya, hon!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

I have no start pictures or measurements and I regret that. I was so camera shy that there is no way I would even let anyone take pictures of me at the Christmas party I host every year, let alone take pics of me in spandex pants and a bra. Of course now I wish I had. I didn't even write down measurements, except for my waist. (I measured that again this morning and I have officially lost 6" off my waist since February 1.)

Hmmmm. I guess I do have pictures of myself trying to squeeze into my "midway goal" jeans that I am finally wearing. I think I have 2 or three pictures at different stages. Maybe I should figure out how I can use those?

So for any chickies reading this who are just starting out, TAKE PHOTOS. You will want them later!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #9  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I didn't take any official start pics but I had plenty of ruthless ones from two months earlier, which more than served the purpose. I avoided cameras like the plague from 2004-2009.

Now I'm a camera hog, LOL.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

I guess I do have a couple of "head shot" pictures. One is from my driver's licence from May 2008, and the other is a ID photo from work from about the same time frame. Both of them show double chins and puffiness. At least I can see the difference in my face!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #11  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I really wish I had taken some start pictures too... I just have old pictures that people took of me and usually I was hiding my body in some ways.... but I'm sure I can find some to dig up to post like I want to when I hit Onederland!

One of my best friends today told me she was looking at some old pics of me from '06 and some pics we took last weekend and she was absolutely floored at how different and great I look! And she's a health nut/work out freak... so coming from her... a total compliment!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote