Old 08-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #16  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Oh my, Robin, it's like you and I share the past!

Your post is inspirational. Thank you so much.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #17  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

For me it's just about finding peace within. I would just feel more at peace with myself. thanks robin for ur post

Last edited by caliyah; 08-10-2009 at 10:07 AM.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanceDiva View Post

I was outgoing before but it was more of a forced outgoing. Now? I am outgoing still but it's more natural. I get comments all the time that something about me has changed besides my weight and while they can't quite figure it out they do say I have a glow about me...like I'm keeping a really juicy secret lol

I guess you can say I feel a bit more free?
And sign my name to YOURS. This is a great way of putting it. Because I really do have a hard time putting it into words. There are no words to describe just how my life was then - and how drastically different it is now.

But yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean about prior - it was a FORCED outgoing-ness and now, it's just natural. It oozes out of me. There's just something different (& better & more likable) then before. It is a free-ness. What can I say - it's just beyond words, indescribably - wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliyah View Post
For me it's just about finding peace within. I would just feel more at peace with myself. thanks robin for ur post
This is also true of how I feel now. I have finally found that inner peace. There was no peace with me before. I was a nervous wreck. I was always worrying - about chairs, social situations, every day situations, clothes, how I was going to "get things done", my health - I was CERTAIN that I was killing myself and on and on. And now, having sooo many less worries, I am more at peace. I am calm. I am more centered and able to "handle" things. Another thing - I used to rely so heavily on others to do things for me. Not anymore. I am the first one to get up and "do stuff". I now rely on ME.

And all these things just HAS to change ones personality. And it has. It HAS!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #19  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Back in the day.... when I was a much thinner person, I was much more silly and outgoing. I really hope that someday when I find that thin person again I will be able to be silly and goofy and not be embarrassed by simple little things like dancing goofily with the kids or tackling hubby just for fun.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #20  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

wow, great posts! I have to say my picture of how I think I'll change is pretty abstract, since it's been decades since I was even at 200 lbs. Kind of a weird thought that there's the possibility I could feel/be that much different.

at the risk of sounding goofy (ah, heck, I sound goofy all the time) made me think of an Eagles' song lyrics

I know there must be something better
But there's nowhere else in sight

thanks so much for sharing your feelings/experiences, rr et al.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #21  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I gotta tell you. I always knew it would be good to be slim and trim and fit and, oh gosh even writing it, I am overwhelmed that I AM these things, anyway, I digress. I always knew it would be fabulous - but I hadn't a clue it would be THIS fabulous. That it would encompass SO many areas of my life - well, actually EVERY area of my life. Each and every one. Every and each. But I didn't think it would change my actual personality, yet alone to the extent that it has.

I almost want to say it was worth suffering for those many years, just so I can experience how GREAT things are now. Because I believe having suffered so for so many years, that I DO enjoy average and ordinary things more so then folks who have never been morbidly obese. I almost want to say it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #22  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Robin, I really really hope I can have your attitude
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote