Old 08-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #31  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
I don't have anyone, so what am I saving it for? All I meant by suggesting it was that if it REALLY upsets you, there are ways to remedy it. It doesn't make you selfish to want to fix it - and for some people it's a medical necessity - and it may take years to save up the money, but you can get rid of it.
100% agreed - there is no selfishness whatsoever, IMO to getting plastic surgery. You're in a totally different position then I am. And I bet you're going to LOVE the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions! I know that I'm lucky because even though I'm 287 lbs. I am able to get around and do better than some at 187 lbs. My biggest problem right now isn't so much the food issue as it is the fluids - I've never been a big drinker and I have to force myself to drink water cause I can go all day without drinking anything. Not good! I'm doing better but I still have to work on it.

Don't worry all THAT much about drinking water. I know for me, FOOD was what made me heavy, not NOT drinking water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Why is plastic surgery seen as a value judgement? I will sacrifice for others and have batwings (implication -- I won't be evil and selfish like those of you who would deprive your grandchildren for a vain and egocentric cause)?

I think if you wanna fix something, FIX IT. Be happy! You only have one life!
And if you have grown, well-educated children in reasonable jobs, you deserve to spend a little something on yourself...I know all 3 of us kids have reasonable jobs and tell our parents to leave us with nothing but debt. After all, they EARNED their money and we EARN our own. They can spend theirs on first -class cruise tickets til the cows come home, OR plastic surgery if that is what turns their cranks..

JMHO

Kira
Ummm, no one has said that plastic surgery was seen as a value judgment. I'm not sure - at all- where you got that from my post. Evil & selfish? Come now.

If it were free - of money, of risks and of pain - I'd do it without hesitation.

We all have to do what makes us happy. And for right now it makes me happy, very, very happy to give my kids an education. And I greatly look forward to having grandkids and spoiling the heck out of them. That's my choice. I sure hope you're not judging me for that.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #32  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Extra money? Oh no, no, no. There will be none of that for many, many, many years. Most likely never. I'd prefer to spoil my grandchildren .
Sorry, Ms Rockin -- I guess there were two of us who interpreted the above as a value judgement...as in -- I'd rather sacrifice and spoil my grandchildren then spend any extra money on myself...

Sorry if I/we misunderstood

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #33  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Sorry, Ms Rockin -- I guess there were two of us who interpreted the above as a value judgement...as in -- I'd rather sacrifice and spoil my grandchildren then spend any extra money on myself...

Sorry if I/we misunderstood

Kira

I don't see it as a sacrifice to NOT have plastic surgery and spend my money as I see fit. And I really don't like having to defend my choices as to how I do or do not spend my money. You're making me look like the bad guy because of it.

Kira - you my dear ARE putting me down and judging me for what I'd prefer to spend my money on. Do you see that??? I'm not really sure why you're doing that. But I sure wish you'd stop. Okay???
Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #34  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Like I said -- sorry about the misunderstanding...I thought you were wondering why the conclusion was drawn so I just did the quote and explained why I came to clearly the wrong conclusion. And it wasn't just me, so I was apologizing for my misunderstanding and was explaining why more than one of us came to this conclusion.

Of COURSE you are entitled to spend your hard earned money any way you can. As we are ALL free to do.

Again, sorry I misunderstood your post

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 08-04-2009 at 08:58 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #35  
3 + years maintaining

If my excess skin was tearing away at me, eating out my insides every single day, making my life miserable, I guess I would some how, some way find the way to pay for it. But that's not the case or even close.

But Kira, in all honesty, I didn't see any other posts that thought that I was judging the decision to have plastic surgery . You were the only one who I saw judging ME so harshly. But that's neither here nor there.

And... oh never mind.

Yes, a misunderstanding. Let's just leave it at that.....

A misunderstanding. On the internet - who wouldv'e thunk it????
Old 08-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #36  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I had/have loose skin.. and my stretch marks GREW!

But I'm with Robin, I will take this weight with some loose skin than my old weight. I've never heard anyone say they regret their weightloss because of loose skin.

It was worse on my breasts and my inner thighs and upper tummy. ALL of those areas have improved quite a bit (and things have-ahem-"perked up").

No regrets here.

Last edited by junebug41; 08-04-2009 at 10:04 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #37  
In it to win it!!

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

This was quite interesting. I have thought about this issue but did not give it that much importance. I have had 3 c-sections so I know I will have loose skin but heck I rather be healthy than worry about some skin.
Vivian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #38  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Yup - have lots of loose skin.

Yup - it has gotten better with time, but will never go away completely.

Yup - I wouldn't trade my loose, saggy, baggy skin for the fat for ANYTHING!

Nope - not gonna have surgery (and now that the kids are mostly through school, I could swing it). I see the extra skin as a battle scar - a very good reminder of what COULD happen again if I am not vigilent.

Honestly - it doesn't bother me. I look great in clothes, and DH thinks I look pretty good out of them

I'm with Robin on this one. My size 2s and 4s look fab and I would much rather spend the money on things that I value (quality experiences with my loved ones) rather than on my physical appearance.

Each of us makes choices baed upon our values and life experiences. Nothing wrong with each of us choosing based upon what we consider our priorities. For me - the money is better spent on spending more time with those I love
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #39  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
But Kira, in all honesty, I didn't see any other posts that thought that I was judging the decision to have plastic surgery . You were the only one who I saw judging ME so harshly. But that's neither here nor there.

And... oh never mind.

Yes, a misunderstanding. Let's just leave it at that.....

A misunderstanding. On the internet - who wouldv'e thunk it????
I think Kira was talking about me. I admit I felt that a few responses to my post saying I am probably going to go the surgery route felt that my decision was being judged negatively because I'm planning to spend money on my body rather than on others. I don't think you intended your post to be judgmental, but the way I read it, it did get to me. And my reply to your post was snarkier than I wish it had been (sorry).

Personally, I'd go into hock to not have to walk around with the extra skin. I have tried, but I can't make peace with it - I don't want to. And I'm grateful as can be that there is a choice out there so I don't have to. But we all have different feelings on the subject and different bodies that carried fat differently and are at varying points in our lives. I think it's important that no matter how each of us decides to deal with the issue, that we all respect each others' decisions.

No hard feelings I hope.

Last edited by CLCSC145; 08-04-2009 at 10:32 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:14 AM   #40  
3 + years maintaining

CC, I feel badly that my response evoked such feelings in you. I tried to keep it light, while expressing my views. I really didn't take your reply as snarky though. I guess that went right over my head.

Quote:
Honestly - it doesn't bother me. I look great in clothes, and DH thinks I look pretty good out of them
This pretty much sums it up for me. Ummm, including the part about DH (mine, not hers). As usual Counting Down did a great job at expressing my feelings. In fact, the more I think about it, the less the skin bothers me. I don't think about it much, except for when threads like these come about. Now granted, I won't be wearing a bikini or hot pants anytime soon, but I'm more then okay with it.

Call me crazy, but I love and adore my body. I mean I really, really love it.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #41  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I am grateful that I have the genetics that I do and that my skin is pretty much in tact. I don't think I will have much if any loose skin when I get to goal and if I did, I would have to make peace with it.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #42  

Yeah I'm not too worried; I mean a little bit because of the aforementioned tummy roll , but since I'm young I'm hoping my skin will bounce back.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote