Old 07-25-2009, 06:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Default Hurry up already!

So I am having some issues with being patient. It almost seemed like the first 30lbs cam off all of a sudden. Like one day I woke up and I was like"wow where did that 30lbs go". I know it wasn't realy like that but sometimes that is how it feels. I'm loosing at about 1-2 lbs a week. More recently just the 1 lb a week. I know it's good in my mind.....but my mind plays tricks on me and I begin to think it's waaaaaay toooooo sloooow.

I know I could speed things up a bit if I ate a little better. My food intake is DRASTICALY better...but still not what it should be. But food is a huge struggle for me and for now I am doing the best I can to manage by exercising as much as possible. And I think it is a managable balance for me right no.

But oh do the days and lbs seem to crawl by some days. I know I will NOT stop and I will NOT give up. I just wish I could be more patient. After all patients is a virtue...right?
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:13 AM   #2  
~jus' being me~

The patience thing seems to come and go. Sometimes i just want it done already and other times I am just happy learning.

What I know for sure? Weight that comes off in a heartbeat, unless you are INCREDIBLY DILIGENT and committed to eating that way forever . . . comes back just as quick.

When the weight loss slows down I just think of it as my body's was of "confirming" all past losses . . . lbs that will never return ...

And if that doesnt work, I play in my wardrobe and see how loose my old tight clothes are getting That seems to perk me up.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #3  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

At the beginning when we have/had more to lose, it comes off quicker. Unless you are working out like the folks on TBL, there is no way you can keep up that pace of losing for a long time. Once the losses slow down, which is a good thing because it is healthier and we have a better chance of keeping it off FOREVER, it can be discouraging. But don't be...just keep at it. If it has slowed down so much or has even stopped...switch things up. Your body gets used to things...i.e. workouts and food choices so it's best to change things...eat a different breakfast, switch your workouts, do something different and your body will do something different. Hope that helps.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

As far as patience being a virtue, I am the first to admit, it's a virtue I am lacking.

I was 287 lbs at only 5 feet tall, 42 years old and the mother of 3. I looked at this as a life and death situation. I was fearful for my very life and terrified, simply terrified of leaving my children motherless. When the light bulb moment finally occurred, those factors does tend to make one VERY determined and yes - impatient.

For me, and we are all different, I used that impatience to my advantage. When I decided I didn't want to be fat any more, that I wanted to be a healthy fit woman, and and DECIDED to lose the weight, THAT gave me MUCH determination to stick with a healthy eating plan - no matter what. Through holidays, stress, parties, boredom - whatever. That impatience made my food choices impeccable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyElaine View Post
I know I could speed things up a bit if I ate a little better. My food intake is DRASTICALY better...but still not what it should be. But food is a huge struggle for me and for now I am doing the best I can to manage by exercising as much as possible. And I think it is a managable balance for me right no.
If this is indeed the "balance" that's right for you, as you say, then so be it. Nothing, nothing, NOTHING wrong with 1 lb a week.

I think food is a huge struggle for all of us folks here at the 100lb club. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here. I am wondering though - are you making it more difficult then it has to be, by leaving the door open and "allowing" in too many "off" foods and then using "exercise" to make up for it. I'm concerned, because that can only take you so far. A commonly thrown around statistic, is that weight loss is 80% food, 20% exercise.

Yes, find your balance, but be open to changing things up when you see that things are no longer working for you and that maybe, just maybe, there may be a better way for you.

In the meantime, be proud of yourself, extremely, EXTREMELY proud of yourself for the wonderful changes and accomplishments you've made thus far.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #5  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Oh, I understand! You get used to the numbers plummetting and your clothes falling off, and even if they still are, it doesn't seem fast enough.

Sometimes, you just have to accept it. But maybe, it's worth trying something new? Is there anything that you've been meaning to change that you feel capable of trying? Some small unhealthy habit that you can banish, or a small healthy habit you can introduce. A bit of success is good for the soul.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison View Post
The patience thing seems to come and go. Sometimes i just want it done already and other times I am just happy learning.

What I know for sure? Weight that comes off in a heartbeat, unless you are INCREDIBLY DILIGENT and committed to eating that way forever . . . comes back just as quick.

When the weight loss slows down I just think of it as my body's was of "confirming" all past losses . . . lbs that will never return ...

And if that doesnt work, I play in my wardrobe and see how loose my old tight clothes are getting That seems to perk me up.

I agree with this.

Good luck with your goals
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote