3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability/Menu/Planning 13 - 20 July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/176559-accountability-menu-planning-13-20-july.html)

SunshineCA 07-15-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashnl (Post 2828129)
Sunshine: No, it doesn't ever end. Endless laundry and housework... Gotta love it.

Love it? I won't go that far! :dizzy:

CLCSC145 07-15-2009 03:37 PM

Hey all!

Just a quick check in. I'm off to the movies tonight with my friend and then to dinner. We're going to see The Hangover. I hear it's very funny. This will be the first restaurant visit since I started this round of weight loss. I'm not worried though.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

nicolen 07-16-2009 02:30 AM

Hi ladies,

Yay for Thursday night, and one day to go till the weekend. At the moment at work I'm just focussing on getting through till my next break. My productivity sucks, but that's OK. It's early in our financial year so there's heaps of time to improve that.

We had an earthquake last night. 7.8 on the Richter scale so it was a biggie! Thankfully it hit an area that's very sparsely populated so there's no casualties and little damage. Even so, I felt it here and I'm around 900 kms from the epicentre. And we were put on alert for a tsunami. We got a 17cm wave, so a minu tsunami. It was a bit of a scary night!

I made it to the gym this morning and did cardio. Didn't want to at first, but by the time I'd done 10 minutes I was fine. And I felt better for it, so that's good.

Work was good - we got some news about our bonuses today. We're paid a bonus of up to 10% of our salary depending on how we as individuals perform, our business unit performs and how the company performs. We're still waiting on the company results, which makes up 2% of the bonus and those results won't be good. But of the 8% decided on, I'll get 7%. So yay for me! And that'll be paid in mid August.

Beverly, that's all we can do is keep trying. Much better than giving up completely.

Jab, how odd to have brussels sprouts at this time of the year. I love them roasted as well, and have a wonderful recipe involving baking them with some blue cheese, but they strike me as such a winter vegetable - in fact I have some in the fridge myself.

Sunshine, yay for no insomnia! And tell me about the housework. I hate it as well!

Diane, enjoy your spin class and the holiday!

MJ, you should go for the belly dancing. It always sounds like such fun!

CC, hope you enjoyed your meal and the movie.

Take care all.

Beverlyjoy 07-16-2009 06:12 AM

Hi chicks - thanks so, so much for your words of support, kindness, ideas and inspiration. I appreciate it greatly. It did better yesterday.

Today-
meditate!
stretches
ice and heat for my pieces and part
put my fork down between bites
taste my food

I'll be back a bit later for personals.

Thanks again...........Bjoy

Slashnl 07-16-2009 11:23 AM

Hi all. Just a quick post today. I am buried at work, so I need to get busy and then get out of here and on the road! I went to spin class... it was hard and I almost had myself talked out of going, but it went well and I'll be sore tomorrow. It's a good accomplishment for today!

Have a great weekend everyone! I might check in on my dad's computer. Otherwise, I'll chat at you all next week!

jab91864 07-16-2009 08:55 PM

Glad to see the board in general seems to be doing a little better. The weekend cometh ladies. Tomorrow at work plans to be a stresser but seeing it's Friday I will persevere.

Sat. I have a memorial ride for a friend that passed away recently and a wake of sorts afterward. I am making a chocolate trifle and jalapeno ranch deviled eggs as my dishes to pass.

Sun. I am going to see Harry Potter. I loved the books and enjoy the movies but always get frustrated they leave important details out...lol.

My food for the last two days has been...

wed 7/15/09

roasted brussel sprouts
lf yogurt
water

triscuits
water

Joseph’s flax, oat bran, w. wheat lavash
2 morningstar sausage patties
Over easy eggs
Tomatoes
Ff cheese
Water

Almonds
Water

Thurs. 7/16/09

tvp & veggies leftover
water

grapes
water

scallops, peppers, quinoa
acorn squash w/ honey
water

lemon sorbet ½ serving
water

lottie63 07-16-2009 10:01 PM

heya ladies, I miss this place :)

today I had,

b: natural peanut butter and home made preserve sammich on lite wheat bread
s: .5 cup of brown seasoned rice w/ .5 cup of black bean chili
l: zucchini, .5 cup brown rice, red peppers and onions saute'd in olive oil
s: one slice of saute'd tofu
d: bbq tofu sammich and corn
s: we'll see!

nicolen 07-17-2009 03:53 AM

Hi lovelies!

Yay Friday. Yay holiday! Just yay really. I've decided to forgo my glass of wine this week - I figure alcohol is probably not the wisest idea given the way I'm feeling at the moment. But that's OK - the wine will be there next week!

Anyway, gym and yummy trainer this morning. It's never a good sign when he uses words that sound like "we've got a new programme and you're going to be sore tomorrow" is it? More free weights, less machines and lunges - ick! That's OK - I now have a waist that dints in, so it's obviously working. But seriously, those are not words I wanted to hear this morning.

Work went well, except I'm going to have to go back tomorrow - I left my mobile there! Pretty stupid really. Never mind - I'm going to the gym and that's halfway to work, so I'll have my workout, bus to work and then bus home.

I'm going to enjoy my week off - Monday, I'm going to spring clean the kitchen and the living room and they really need it! Not sure what I'll do for the rest of the week - I might go and see Harry Potter, but I'm supposed to be going next Friday night to see it, so maybe not.

Beverly, good to see you're sounding a bit better today!

Diane, enjoy your holiday

Jab, yay Harry Potter. Let me know what the movie's like!

Lottie, how fantastic to see you again!

Have fun everyone!

SunshineCA 07-17-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolen (Post 2828995)
Sunshine, yay for no insomnia! And tell me about the housework. I hate it as well!

Hi Nicole: It's not that I hate it, it just never stops! :lol:

I'm so glad the insomnia spell has been broken! :) I don't wish that on my worse enemy! :dizzy:

SunshineCA 07-17-2009 04:07 PM

I had an assignment this morning and was pressed for time. I wasn't able to make breakfast so I ran to Mc Donalds for a Sausage Mc Muffin (no bun) and coffee. The coffee was good but the bunless sandwich was BLECH!!! :barf: I guess I've become used to eating at home. It was really salty and disgusting.

For lunch I made a salad of 2 grilled turkey burger patties, crumbled bleu cheese and cherry tomatoes.

For dinner I'm going to have leftover Vegetarian Tofu Chili from last night.

mj5 07-17-2009 08:33 PM

Hi everyone! I have not dropped off the face of the earth! just super busy at work...

I'll get caught up either tomorrow or Sun.

lottie63 07-17-2009 08:55 PM

b: natural pb and j sammich on lite wheat bread
s: Soup and ceasar salad
l: 2 small bean and brown rice and cheese burritos on wheat shell
s: high fiber oatmeal
d: probably tomato soup w/ basil. :) YUMMAY!

SunshineCA 07-18-2009 02:26 PM

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs with reduced-fat shredded cheese topped with salsa verde.

Snack 1:
Celery with hummus

Lunch:
Last drop of Vegetarian Tofu Chili, salad and Sugar-Free Jell-O

Snack 2:
Light Mozzarella Cheese Stick and cherry tomatoes

Dinner:
Savory Chicken Saute', salad and broccoli

Dessert:
Who knows? :lol:

mj5 07-19-2009 09:54 AM

Good Morning everyone! Ok...I am trying to do this from memory, so if I get it wrong or leave you out, I apologize!!!

lottie--YEA great to see you back!

nicolen--I am so glad you are taking some time off. Good plan to do some cleaning....ugh, my whole house needs that kind of tear everything apart kind of cleaning....just haven't do it....

Schmoodle and Diane--Hope you are having great vacations!

CC--How was dinner out? My problem is I get WAY too much take out....How are the dogs?

Jab--How has work been going? How was the memorial? If you would be willing to share your choclate trifle recipe, I would love it. I make a strawberry cheesecake trifle (as low fat as I can) for special occasions that is a huge hit w/ my family. Always looking for something else.

Beverlyjoy--Hi! Glad to see you back. You CAN do it!

sunshine--yea, I'm not a big fan of cleaning...unless I am in the mood for that "tear everything apart" kind of cleaning....then I love it.

As for me...went to the ortho last week. Ended up seeing a PA b/c my dr was called away on an emergency. The PA was nice, but didn't know ANYTHING about what was going on. She gave me an injection, but did it different and my knee still hurts from it.

Food has not been great. Exercise has been ok. Today will be a 'lazy day w/ the dogs' and back at it tomorrow. We leave for Cooperstown on Friday...Hall of Fame stuff, so I have lots to do at work (only working 3 days). We are taking lots of food w/ us and we'll go out to dinner. We have been going there for years, so I can plan easily for meals. I know lots of great places to walk (and to stay out of the crowds), so that will be my exercise plan.

Have a great OP day everyone!

CLCSC145 07-19-2009 11:26 AM

Hi all!

Dinner out was fine. Though I think it took until today for the salt to go away! I need to go out and forage for food supplies today, but it's so hot I really don't want to. Maybe if I shower and go now... Rare for me to get out so early on a Sunday. I'm out of Diet Coke and that leads no place good. :D

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!