Old 07-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #1  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default Having a Bad day.

It IS the second day of Aunt Flo's visit--and the last time she was here I noticed I felt miserable on the second day.

I want to curl up in bed or on the couch with a cup of tea and read a book. That's all.

Instead, it is 10% Tuesday. That means I have to shop for the month--all our freezer and pantry items plus the weekly fresh food, of course. It means I have to make up my menus for the month.

The fridge is nearly empty--I really should wipe out the shelves. They really need it.

We homeschool and we are waaay behind (we're always behind) so I cannot "skip" school today. We're only on our second subject and it is 3pm.

Everyone's attitude is bad--including mine. We're short-tempered--my husband even called me from work and just had to give me flak for something--I'd give details, but you'll have to take my word for it--and it just isn't pleasant here at all!

I "allowed" myself 70 calories of my favourite chocolate--and even it dissappointed me--too sweet!

I don't know what to do or how to manage. I am going nuts! I feel like such a failure--like I can't do anything right. I'm not even sure you guys can help me--that's how negative things are, right now!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Oh I'm sorry things are so rough today.
Can you not abandon some things? It wouldn't damage your child/ren to occupy themselves at home for a day while you take some time for yourself. Can you at least identify an hour and ring-fence it for yourself?
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #3  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Alana, hang in there girlie and know that tomorrow will be day three and things will be better. You got to dig deep and teach those kids, do that shopping, and then do something to pamper yourself that doesn't contain calories.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #4  

Height: 4'11"

I felt the exact same way yesterday. SO much crap to get done! So overwhelmed! Just bare in mind that tomorrow you'll probably feel better. Just think about how great it will feel once the groceries are put away and the kids are in bed. Send them to bed early and have a hot bath and a good book. Hope you feel better tomorrow
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

Oh yeah, and make the kids wipe down the shelves
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #6  
Starting over

Quote:
Oh yeah, and make the kids wipe down the shelves
Drat. Too late. I just finished. I did have my daughter clean the toilet and my son wipe out the tub, earlier, though!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

yikes, TOM turmoil! I'm not sure what to recommend for that, I usually rant and rave until I feel better. Just remember, it won't last forever.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #8  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Recess if you are homeschooling should mean PHYSICAL ACTIVITY for the kids, using one of the following: a vacuum cleaner, a mop, a dustcloth or a dishcloth.
Home Economics is a common scholastic subject, and should focus on MEAL PREPARATION for the family.
Mathematics can be done at the grocery store: hey kids, if these are 3 dollars a pound and I buy 2/3 of a pound, how much are they? and Guess how much the groceries in the cart will cost?

Seriously, BREATHE, pat yourself on the back for getting through a crap day, ditch the kids with DH and take a long, hot bath, and pick yourself up and start all over again, tomorrow.
After all, tomorrow IS another day, Ms Scarlett...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #9  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

What a sucky day Alana. Hang in. Tomorrow is almost there.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #10  
Starting over

Thank you all so much!

The shopping is done. My menu planning went something like this:
Roast Chicken, roast ham alternating Mondays. Tuesdays, Chicken. Wednesdays something with ground beef or ground turkey, Thursday, Chicken, Friday, pork, Saturday, fish. Then I counted up the "meals" I had in the freezer (I buy big flats of things like Chicken breasts and then take out 3 or 4 and freeze them for one "meal." and bought what I needed. Usually I have my recipes figured out, too, but not today!

So, I made myself a pizza for supper (never have done that before--but I found some flatbread--never had that before either--and it had a picture of a pizza on the front--and I thought--how hard can that be? So I made one while the rest of the family had the last Kraft Delicicio pizza this house will ever see) and Now that I've eaten, I feel much, much better. I just have to portion out and bag all my flats of meat and then I'm "done" for the day.

We got Latin, math and Bible study done today--but not writing, grammar or history, unfortunately.

Oh well. Tomorrow IS another day!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #11  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there, Ms Chickie!!!
You did AWESOME today...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You did awesome! We did chicken pita pizza's tonight and they were sooooo good
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry your day was hard. It is wonderful that you got through it with so much accomplished. Wonderful job!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote