Old 05-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #16  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Welcome welcome! You'll love it here.

For the first 40-50 lbs I lost on my journey I bought very few clothes. Just enough to get my by. Mostly I just let everything hand and look very sloppy. Why buy new things when I'm just going to shrink out of them right? Or I couldn't help thinking that things would not last and I'd GROW out of them!

But finally I kicked myself in the butt, bought some clothes to get me by and now I'm addicted. I'm out buying clothes ALL the time because I DESERVE to look nice. And SO DO YOU!!!!

So go buy that new dress, and some new shoes, and clap your hands off for your littles!!! You deserve it. You are taking steps to a new and better you and you should be very very proud of that.

And GREAT food choices.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #17  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Ladies!
Went shopping today.

I had so much fun.

I got a pair of pedal pushers or capris or whatever you call them, a lovely top, hoop earrings, (for unpierced ears), and the s*xiest pair of shoes you could ever imagine!

I'll have my daughter take a picture tomorrow night when we get all gussied up.

I am feeling fantastic.

thank you all. This really could get addicting, though, couldn't it?
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

welcome alana! You are worth looking your best. Remember that. And good job on being committed.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #19  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

BIGGEST problem after weight loss -- the clothing options available! I went to Holt Renfrew during my travels and it was actually a GREAT thing that they didn't have my size (they only carried between size 2 and 8). Sure dodged a bullet there!
I'll bet you look amazing! Looking forward to the pictures! And I'll bet your kids are so proud of you...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #20  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
And I'll bet your kids are so proud of you...
Oh, I don't know. My son is 11--and kind of oblivious. (Which is just fine.) and my daughter, well, can I tell you another story?

Today while I was trying on the new clothes, I said to her something like, "oh, I wish these sleeves were longer to cover up my thick arms. And oh, look, the top hits me right here--my widest point. I wish it fell about an inch lower."

And the eight year old know-it-all says to me, "Mommy, who cares what other people think?"

So I turned to her and said, "This is important. I don't care what other people think. This is not about that. I'm not dressing for them. It doesn't matter what anybody thinks. But there is a way to dress that shows you at your best. Dressing is almost scientific. There are rules to follow and if you do then you will look your very best. That's all I'm trying to do. I want to look my best."

I'm not entirely sure I was as coherent as all that--but the distinction between dressing well so I'll present my best and dressing well so that others will think well of me is crystal clear to me today--finally.

Obviously, I grew up with messages that you should look good so you 1) wouldn't shame your elders by being a slob and 2) so other people will think well of you and the family (and the family member telling me all this of course!). Man--even at 45 I have been acting, in part, like a rebellious teenager. --the only way I could assert my "choice" was to NOT look good. And so it gets all messed up--and looking good takes effort, too, doesn't it? I admit I'd rather read about Angelina Jolie's eyebrows than pluck my own.

Well, kinda.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #21  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi there! Well, you sure must be doing SOMETHING right because your little girl has enough independance and spunk in her to realize that she has to follow her own path, and who cares what others think!!!
This is great, because she will most likely make up her own mind about things rather than following peers blindly...what a great thing you have done for her!

We do get all sorts of messages from family -- my SIL won't go out of the house without full makeup, and for her, being "fully turned out" equates to being a "high class" person, which drives me nuts. I like to look nice, but I could care less if I have makeup on, or my best clothes. So in her mind, I am "low class". Which makes me laugh!!! Just like you, I AM the rebellious one in the family!

And as for the rules of dressing, well, we get that from shows like "What Not to Wear", and they are appropriate...

Awesome!

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 05-30-2009 at 04:16 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #22  

Height: 5'4.5

i feel ya when you say "why should i spend money on clothes when i want to lose the weight"!! this is how i ended up with an empty closet haha.

just remember an important part of weight loss is gaining back that confidence in yourself that you can succeed and achieve goals, as well as gain back the confidence in yourself and your appearance->and a new outfit will def help make you feel better about yourself. if you feel better about yourself, then you'll be more motivated to keep up the good work
losingitbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #23  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hi Alana, I want to say welcome also

I can relate to every word in your original post. When I first found 3fc I felt so sad lost and helpless when it came to taking off the forty pounds (at the time I would have been happy to get past the ten up and down dance I had been doing) I ultimately did. My esteem was in the garbage.

Thanks to a decided readiness and the chicks here I have lost weight and maintained since AUgust. And now I have to put a STOP on my shopping

I am glad you are here and that you found great stuff
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote