Old 03-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Protein Powder--What do you put it in?

I bought some Soy Protein Powder. I have put it in yogurt, and recently a pot of chile. I have found that it will thicken a dish you are cooking. Also, I made a soy milk concoption and it was not so good.

I took soy milk, soy protein powder, cocoa powder, and a pkt of splenda. It was not so good, kind of gross.

What do you guys put protein powder in? What about shake recipes? Please share what you do with your protein powder.................
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I use it post-workout made with water and frozen fruit (usually sour cherries). I'm also one of those nutty people who bake with it. Hey, it's chocolate cake that's 78 cals and is 36% protein.

http://realcdn-recipes.blogspot.com/...-pp-added.html

If you're using unflavoured protein powder, you might want to bump up the cocoa powder you use.

I never put up the recipe for it, but I've used it (with egg whites) to make pancakes. I'd have to look back in my food log to see if I could find a recipe for it. (found it) - picture here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/realcdn...7603719521828/

30g oat flour (oats whizzed in a blender)
20g protein powder
1/4 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 oz blueberries

You need to add a smidge of water and cook carefully in a non-stick pan. I used to eat them with 1 tbsp of homemade jam thinned with a bit of water and nuked. I kept meaning to go look for a sugar-free syrup, but never did. Oh, and they're okay... just not that much like pancakes. I know other people make them with more oats, less egg whites.

Oh, and great long-lasting breakfast - whey, frozen fruit, about 20g of those same whizzed up oats. Although it needs a little fat in it - used to just grab 1/2oz of nuts with it, or drop in some ground flaxseed if I had any handy.

Last edited by RealCdn; 03-27-2009 at 06:05 PM.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Yogurt/milk fruit smoothies!!! Yum!!!! Throw in some frozen fruit of choice, cup of milk, scoop of protein powder, a lil ice and WHAM you got yourself a delish drink
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

My fave post-workout drink is one cup OJ, one scoop protein powder and a variety of frozen fruit... very yummy!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I put it in everything:

Oatmeal,
pancakes,
sauces
muffin mix
smoothies

Versatile stuff!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #6  
started 1/28/08

I put protein powder in all sorts of baked goods, stir it into yogurt, etc.

I also make post-workout smoothies with it. My favorites are -

Chocolate Cherry . . . 4 oz skim milk, 4 oz greek yogurt, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 4-5 ice cubes and 1/2 cup fresh or frozen sweet cherries.

Orange Creamsicle . . . 4 oz orange juice, 4 oz greek yogurt, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 4-5 ice cubes.

You might want to try a different type of protein powder (whey instead of soy) and/or try different brands until you find one you like.
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote