Old 03-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Default off plan and a loss?

I had a bad week, plan wise. I was dealing with the breakup so I ate kinda crappy. I got sick, so I wasn't working out (and I even indulged myself in coldstone icecream). And last night I went to a St. Patrick's party where I drank and ate corn beef. And yet, when I weighed myself this morning I was down 3.5 pounds. The biggest loss I've had to date.

Now I'm not naive enough to believe that I could start a diet of coldstone and pizza, beer and corn beef, stop exercising, and lose weight off of it. But is there a reason why an occasional week of being a bit off plan can still result in weight loss?

Last edited by Gretchy; 03-22-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #2  
starting over again

You said you drank last night? Are you sure you are not just a little dehydrated. I always weigh 2 or 3 lbs less the night after drinking.

Last edited by Marms; 03-22-2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: can't spell.......
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'd go for the dehydration theory personally. but yes... sometimes an off plan eating CAN restart your metabolism apparently. I have not TESTED the theory lol! But I`ve heard it can work... keep us updated!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

That is a theory that many different plans use, some of them call it carb cycling, there are other names for it, but the base of it is that either planned or occasional, it can for some people kick off a loss to eat more than usual for a day.

Congrats on the loss, and enjoy it...

I find when I eat more than I should, especially pizza, I gain, so this is great you lost...just be careful as the temptation will be to do it again after a stall and it may not work next time.

But this is this time, so enjoy it!

Last edited by Scarlet; 03-22-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #5  
rainy

It's possible, I have heard if you plateau on a low carb diet, eating carbs and going off plan for one or two days would unblock things and get you to restart loosing weight. Not sure if it's a legend but I know people that say it worked for them!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

I am not sure either, but what the others said sounds about right. I'd take it for what it is, but I wouldn't be too shocked if you either have a small loss loss or none next week. (if it is due to dehydration)
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote